Anyone here hated this movie

This movie was not bad, and does not suck,just this movie isnt at normal pixar level, its like a dreamworks movie, get my point?

I didn’t hate the movie, I just wasn’t too impressed with it. It was cute, but not as “Oh my God that was so moving!” thing of the normal Pixar level.

That was my point

I don’t think I could watch it again without losing interest. It’s certainly not a bad movie, but not one I’d go out of my way to watch again.

I personally liked this movie. I thought it was funny and entertaining with great characters. I remember being young and a ton of the jokes and such are so subtle that they flew over my head. Now, being older, I understand them and they’re really funny.

o_0 Oh please, oh please, do not compare it to Dreamworks.

It’s not funny with rude humor :stuck_out_tongue:

“I’m serious! Word of mouth got around, the next day there was a line of flies outside the tent, went on forever. It must have been a foot long!” :laughing:

off topic: Whoo~! 200th post! :smiley:

Bugs Life is an epic movie… Like it or not (which i do) this movie was flawless.

Having watched it again yesterday, and especially with the presence of other Pixar fans who were all also clearly enjoying the film, it’s obvious just how good and underrated it is. The humour in it is brilliant and the fact that one part made ffdude1906 tear up shows just how emotionally connective it can be. :laughing:

Haha, thanks for that. Up made me quite the softie I think, hehe. Toy Story (the first, no one is immune to the famous Jessie scene) is the only Pixar film I haven’t teared up on now. We’ll see if the full collection gets to me next week, haha!

It’s interesting, I remember loving this film as a kid, and watching it at the marathon kinda made me disappointed. watching it again at PPMN made all the difference. Just the presence of you guys watching the movie made it much more engaging. The subject matter isn’t really all that deep, and my biggest problem with it is how thin the character development is, but I think the reason I got a bit teary is because there’s the part about Flik and Adda talking in the anthill about everyone standing around, waiting for you to screw up. I find myself in that position on a regular basis, and I think that strong connection is what got to me.

I think that it applies moreso now than it did when the film was released, considering how the general public seems to be more pessimistic and prone to put others down. I mainly say this because of the number of rude people I encounter at my job, it’s shocking. There are still a lot of people that are courteous though. Hehe

Wow, I went pretty far off there,…

What? ABL is not good enough? Huh? C’mon!

The answer to why anyone who hates this movie is talking on a Pixar fan forum just escapes me. :confused:

This is probably the only reason anyone could hate this movie: The person is typing up a list of Pixar’s films from their favorite to least favorite.
“I love WALL-E,” the person says, “so that’s definately going first.”
But the person stops to think: what is his/her LEAST favorite Pixar movie.
“Well, I don’t even remember A Bug’s Life,” the person reasons, “but everyone says it’s the worst, so it must be true, and I’ll put it last for no good reason.”

And that HAS to be the only reason why! :smiley:

Hmm. Personally I don’t hate the movie. How can anyone hate any Pixar movie? Even Ratatouille, another of my least favorites, is not a “bad” movie or at all hate-able. It just wasn’t for me. Same with this one.

No i don’t hate this movie! i love it, also the soundtrack is beautiful!

How can anyone suggest that “A Bug’s Life” sucks!? Okay, perhaps it has receded somewhat in fandom’s favourite Pixar films partly because of its age and partly because of its position in the releases (i.e. any movie was going to suffer after the release of “Toy Story” no matter how good it was). It may not have the confidence that later releases have had, but at heart it is a funny, warm and moving film which Pixar have every right to be proud of.
One aspect of the film that is I think somewhat divisive is that “A Bug’s Life” has some adult referential elements which might jar for the younger viewer. The whole “Seven Samurai” parody is just such a feature which most kids and teens would never ever get. Also, listening to the likes of Phyllis Diller, David Hyde-White, Jonathon Harris and Denis O’Leary these are voice actors whose characters aren’t your standard cutesy kiddie types. I still go into hysterics watching Manny exclaim “the pain, the pain”) just like old Doctor Smith did in “Lost in Space”.
So come on folks…let’s give “A Bug’s Life” the praise it deserves…and no matter how some may perceive it as a relative failure I bet Dreamworks and others wish they could make a movie as good as this.

This movie wasn’t my favorite Pixar movie, but it didn’t suck. There have been better Pixar movies but this isn’t as bad as a Dreamworks movie.

I watched this movie almost every day when I was little so I can’t say I hate it. In my opinion, it’s a really good film.

I’ve never seen it in English though… I have to watch it again someday.

It has been a looooong time since I’ve seen it, but I do remember loving it a lot when I still had it on VHS. Hopper was freaking hardcore. :smiling_imp:

It’s kinda sad that it got sandwiched in between two Toy Story films, not to mention that it gets confused with Antz every once in a while by some folk.

No, I do not hate A Bug’s Life. Not one bit. In fact, I think it’s a Pixar film that deserves more recognition than it actually has.

I’m amazed anyone could hate this film! It is just so spectacular!

I loved Bug’s Life. It was quirky, had a special Pixar flavor, funny, and wasn’t afraid to get a bit dark/harsh at times.

I’m kinda insulted by the idea that TS and Cars are the only films that “deserve” a sequel. It’s not an issue of deserving one or not. All of Pixar’s films are sequel worthy, but Picar doesn’t sequel anything if they don’t have a good idea for it. The amount of sequels a Pixar film gets does not denote how good it is. 8|