Anyone here hated this movie

I actually loved this movie! :smiley: I only watched it once when I was younger, and I remember it being boring for some reason (I think it was because I liked Toy Story better and it was a bit dark at times). I’ve just watched it about a week ago (so I can be ready for the commentary) and I have to say it’s a very enjoyable and interesting movie. I liked Kevin Spacey as Hopper, and I think I really connected to Flik’s story that I can’t do anything right, but I can reach that goal if I keep trying! This is definitely one of my favorite Pixar movies!

Netbug, this is one of those Pixar films that has a finality to it, but can also be continued, if it has a good story, of course! :slight_smile: I don’t think it really needs a sequel, but if there is one, I definitely would go see it (or rent it, if it’s on DVD)!

movieman369 it was the same thing with me. I liked A Bug’s Life when I was little but it was this or Toy Story and without a doubt I picked Toy Story. I picked Toy Story over everything. I watched it a week ago because I haven’t seen it in like 10 years. After I watched the movie I thought is was really good.

Oh dear! I don’t hate this movie at all! Although it is my least favorite, I certainly don’t hate it, and I don’t think it “sucks”. The details were beautifully done and the characters were cute as a bug’s ear! :laughing: And you see all the inside jokes that came from A Bug’s Life that made it into other movies.

Bugs Life doesn’t Suck, but it isn’t as good as other Pixar movies. (i.e: Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, etc.)

I think it’s a great movie! Not one of the more touching ones, but I think it’s one of the funniest.

I wouldn’t say I hate this movie, I just don’t like it. I mean, it’s OK, i guess, but it’s not my cup of tea. The only reason I ever watch this movie is for Hopper. I read on a website years ago that they were making A Bug’s Life 2 (the website also said they were making a Peter Pan 3 :confused:). It’s a good film if you like bugs, I guess, but this is definantly at the bottom of my favorite Pixar films.

Naaaaah I always liked it, but Toy Story 1 was always (and probably always will be) my favourtiteeee

I don’t think this movie sucks nor do I hate it - in fact, I adore it to pieces. I even recently bought the collector’s edition, and I even own it on DVD now. I mean, sure it might not necessarily be Pixar’s best, but it’s still an endearing film with a great plot, memorable characters and a wonderful voice cast. Dave Foley made Flik’s character so much more charming and deeper, and Kevin Spacey was just brilliant as Hopper. And don’t get me started on Joe Ranft as Heimlich… dear god, it was the funniest voice I’ve ever heard for a fictional character. But seriously, overall I thought it was a really cute film and it even made me tolerate bugs just a little bit (which is saying a lot since I’m mostly scared of them, haha. xD)

Uuuumm…no, it doesn’t. I’m sorry you feel that way, but A Bug’s Life is pretty awesome in my opinion, because I love how Flick is a loser, like me, then he ends up being the overall winner!! I hated how Atta treated him…like how he was the Hunchback of Notre Dame or something…very realistic, though.

Well, it’s my favourite after Monster’s Inc.(and I’ll most likely end up liking Monster’s University 2nd best when it comes out - assuming they do infact do a pretty good job of it)…but A Bug’s Life is definitely my next favourite after.

I mean I admit a large part of that might be because Hopper is my 2nd favourite Pixar character after Randall. LOL.

Although, I mean I do like the movie in general and it had some pretty funny moments I thought.

I guess some people think it sucks though because Pixar has really high standards that people expect and I guess the story wasn’t quite as original as a lot of their other films. I admit it wasn’t as original as a lot of their other films, but I still like it better than most of them. lol.

I wasn’t a fan when I was little, but I like it pretty well now.

No, but for some reason I didn’t warm up to it immediately. Technically, I did like it fine, but I didn’t know why, I was just confused why Pixar didn’t make another Toy Story film instead since that’s what I loved most, but then they did a year later. So I owned both Toy Story 1 & 2, and they were and still remain my favorite movies of all time, but I still didn’t own A Bug’s Life. Monsters, Inc. came which I loved too. I was just still confused as to why a bug film could be good, I guess because I always stayed away from insects as much as possible. Then there was a trailer for A Bug’s Land on the Monsters, Inc. VHS, and A Bug’s Life came out on TV again. I thought, what is wrong with me, shouldn’t I like this movie? (remember, this is just me) I saw it on TV and really loved it, and I got the VHS before Finding Nemo came out in theaters. I still love it as well as the other Pixar films today.

^That’s similar to what I felt! I was obsessed with Toy Story. So my reaction was really just “Why make this movie?”

Haha, I know what you mean. I thought, “I’m fine without this, and I don’t like most bugs, just give me more Toy Story!” I feel bad because I also gave away some toys from the movie because I thought it wasn’t needed, and now I have none. :cry: But Monsters, Inc. showed me a non-Toy Story Pixar film could be good, so I wanted to re-visit A Bug’s Life, and I’ve really appreciated it, and insects a lot more ever since then.

I think A Bug’s Life is a very good film. It showed that Pixar wasn’t just “a one hit wonder.” It earned a 92% on the Rotten Tomato Meter, and I enjoy watching it. Sadly, I don’t own it on Blu-Ray. :frowning: