Anyone See this in School?

Well, at least ya saw it in school. :stuck_out_tongue: Welcome to Pixar Planet Emperor Kuzco.

I watched Ratatouille today in my Art class. It wasn’t shown for any reason in particular, just that we didn’t have a lesson plan since today’s our last day until Thangksgiving mini-break.

Thanks!

We saw it last year for a “movie day”, and we projected it on this giant wall in our media center. kinda hard to enjoy when everyone’s throwin popcorn at each other ( :laughing: ) but that’s ok, cuz i’ve seen it like 7 times neway

Yeah as soon as we found out we were watching it, all my friends were like “I wanna sit next to you! It’s like ur fave movie right!” hahaha

Wow, last year I saw Ratatouille quite a lot in school, first in Art class, then in Drama class and last in World History. The highlight would have to be when we saw Your Friend the Rat projected on our SmartBoard and Ratatouille right after. It was fitting since this was in World History. I think Ratatouille is turning into the next Finding Nemo at schools, it’s the “must watch in class” movie of right now, just like FN was not too long ago (I’ve seen that movie in just about every class.) Good to see Ratatouille is being appreciated outside of the film/animation fanbase, of course it’s an amazing film (everyone In class loved it) so it deserves the attention.

hehe yeah
 my science teacher made us do a worksheet on Finding Nemo
 like when Mr. Ray is singin the song about the levels of the ocean, we had to name like 3 or somethin. It was a weird worksheet

Yeah I’m glad all my friends wanted to sit by me and everything, but to them it’s just a cute animated movie, so it’s kinda weird for both of us when i try to explain to them what it means to me. I guess I just prefer watchin movies in my own home

No, but I did see Finding Nemo in science class when we were covering marine stuff, but I have yet to see Ratatouille in class, if I ever take French. But my school isn’t that into showing movies for educational purposes, just that one time with Finding Nemo. Usually when they do show anything on the tv, it’s something boring and has to do exactly with the subject they are going over
 :frowning:

NO!! We never got to watch Ratatouille in French I wish we would! :open_mouth: If you have seen this in school you are lucky!

OH MY GOSH

Today in geography, our teacher was gonna have us watch Monsters Inc, or Cars, or Finding Nemo to help us understand the five themes of geography, like place, location, relationship, etc.
And I was all like yay, and everyone else was all like “yay I like Finding Nemo, or I like Monsters Inc”, that was until some idiot suggested we watch Alice in Wonderland, and the teacher was thinking for a second and then she was like “yeah that’s better, they have all the themes”

OH MY GOSH

Roflcopinator: Huh? Alice in Wonderland having all the themes? That just makes no sense. (Not that I don’t like the movie, it’s just that it can’t have any of those themes)

Yeah, I don’t get it either.

But maybe that’s why the teacher showed it to us instead of the others.

I mean Im guessing like maybe for Finding Nemo, location could be like Sydney, and place could be the ocean, or east australian current, etc, and relationship could be
 idk like sharks and fish and how sharks are supposed to eat fish? Or how the fish at the hunting grounds deal with the fishermans?

Or maybe
Alice in Wonderland

For place it could be the rabbit hole, or that sea of tears which was a gross scene, or the forest with those fat mumbling twin people.

I took French 1 and 2 and we never did anything fun. We only watched lame movies. Im soo watching Ratatouille tonight tho! :slight_smile:

Nope, we rarely watch movies at school, only on the last day before Christmas holiday and before Winter break. But my French teacher suggested to watch March of The Penguins at the end of the year (hey, it is a French movie after all) and last year’s German exam had to texts to analyse, one about how cooking became a famous job thanks to Ratatouille. I’m currently doing the school year again and our German teacher showed us the tasks, from which we just had to choose one for the exam, and asked if we had seen the movie (most of all said yes).

Yeah! We watched Ratatouille during Foods class. I didn’t see it in French class, although on another day the teacher did play Beauty and the Beast in French, with no subtitles. Good stuff :smiley:

I know the French class at my school did.

My friend had a fun time with that one
 Makin’ me jealous

But we did watch Wall-E and Finding Nemo in Spanish class. In English with Spanish subtitles because our class was lazy. This is Spanish 3. We also got parties all the time.

Eh. Karma.

I did GCSE’s in both French and Food and we still didn’t get to watch Ratatouille in class.

However

Our school had a film club during Friday lunchtimes, but our lunches were only 35 minutes long so they just put on an episode of Futurama or The Simpsons. However, they decided they were going to show Ratatouille one day, so they showed the first 30 minutes. And the next week, they showed the same first 30 minutes. Then they did the same the next week, and then they gave up. That was very annoying, but fortunatly I had the DVD by then so I wasn’t missing out. :mrgreen:

No, I didn’t take French in high school. I took German and one year of Spanish.

However, my Culinary Arts teacher said we’d watch the movie if she was ever absent or sick, but that never happened!

At my school, they show Madagascar and Finding Nemo in German, The Incredibles in Spanish, and Beauty and the Beast in French. No Ratatouille.

Yeah, my Deutsch Klasse watched Findet Nemo also.

I never had a French class so no.