Archibald's sketches

Another update of Crossover 2 : page 16.

The end is approaching…

This page wasn’t as intense as others. Maybe because we have had so many shockers in the end. But still, it was a great twist. I wonder what will happen next.

Ah, well, THAT answers one of my questions! It stands to reason that some day the practice of banishing monsters to the Human World would backfire. It also stands to reason that Karma would catch up to Henry J. Waternoose of the movie, but what is confusing me is that HIS father would want the factory to remain in the family, yet would stipulate that he must never have children…maybe there’s something I’m missing here, but if he never had children, wouldn’t the factory have to go to some outside interest once he died? How can it remain in the family if the family line stopped with him?

pitbulllady

pitbulllady : maybe I should have been more clear, but anyway, here it is : Waternoose II doesn’t stipulate that his son must never have children. On the contrary, he hopes he has a grandchild before he dies, so that he can “give” the factory to him instead. He hates his son, so he doesn’t really want Monsters, Inc. to be owned him ; but ultimately, thinking he had no other choice, and given that he wanted the factory to remain in the family, Waternoose III became the director of Monsters, Inc. when he died.

edit : I have now updated the 16th page, making it more understandable, I think. Thanks to you, pitbulllady, for bringing that problem to my attention. It helped me make my comic better :wink:

Here’s the page 17 of Crossover 2.

Only three more pages to go :wink:

So, so, so good, Archibald! Every page flows really well, there’s so much excitement and intensity, and you really know how to use the comic form to your advantage. I can’t wait for the last three pages! :smiley:

Archibald, as of right now, you are officially my hero!
You’ve done-very smoothly and believably I might add-what I wish Pixar would do: give Randall a chance to redeem himself and show that there IS more than one side to every coin.

I had to laugh, though, at what a lousy shot, Mr. Incredible or no, that the younger Waternoose is! As we say here in the southern US, he missed the barn! Whichever criminals taught him “the ropes” obviously were the baseball bat or knife-wielding sort, rather than gun-slingers, lol!

pitbulllady

lizardgirl : thanks, I’m glad you’re enjoying it :slight_smile:
pitbulllady : maybe you should wait the end of the comics before making a hero out of me. Maybe there’s still one twist left. Maybe… something. Or maybe I’m just messing with your mind…

Only one day after the 17th page, here is the 18th page of Crossover 2 :wink:

[spoil]And now, I’m not gonna update before a good month. Mwahahahahahahah !!!
No, I’m kidding. I’ll probably post page 19 this coming week-end.[/spoil]

Two pages left, by the way :smiley:

Holy cow! What an intense turn of events Archibald! This is your best work yet. i loved the first cross over, but this is really intense. I love it! I can’t wait to see what happens next!

I had a feeling that Jr. probably had one last nasty trick up his many sleeves, bad shot or not. Guess one of his mentors in the Human World was an Al-Queada operative.

pitbulllady

The intense suspense building up with each page…I must say up to now I am very impressed how cleverly this is is put together…cliffhangers are your specialty! The twists and turns are amazing.

I’m happy to announce that Crossover 2 ends today, with the last two pages. Thanks to all the readers of this comic, for supporting me during this fun but long ride. It was what kept me going.

You can now enjoy the big ending, and I’m waiting impatiently for your comments :wink:

Page 19.
Page 20.

I KNEW that you had to have a plot twist in there at the end somewhere! Wait, make that a DOUBLE plot twist…even I didn’t see THAT coming!

pitbulllady

[spoil] WATERNOOSE? AND…ROZ!? tries to push the image away :blush: Oh my 0_0 Jeez…that was not just a twist…that was a spine tingling, mind punching twist 0_0[/spoil]

BUT, when you think about it, it DOES explain a lot of things from the movie, like why she never once mentioned what happened to Randall, even though she surely must have known, and why she acted so shocked that the plot “led all the way up to Waternoose”…and she probably knew about THAT, too. She made sure that Waternoose at least got a fair trial and jail time, with a roof over his head, even though HE was behind the whole plot from the get-go. Still, it WAS a shocker, to say the least, though not implausible at all.

Too bad Archibald doesn’t work for BOOM! Comic Studios, isn’t it? I like his writing a whole lot better; it’s much more sophisticated and on a level that I have come to expect from something with the Pixar label. Hopefully, he’ll have a sequel in the works before long(hint, hint), lol!

pitbulllady

That is indeed true. However, imagine Waternoose’s face if he turely found out that this once “Miss Monstropolis” and dispatcher was actually No. 1 of the C.D.A. [spoil] laughs Imagine the hilarity in THAT. Waternoose, a man who would do anything to achieve what he wants, and with less-than-acceptable connections…is married to one of the most decorated authority figures in the Monster World. shakes head In the words of something Ran told me…“I see a sitcom!” ^0^[/spoil]

Of course that…[spoil]would also explain his heavy dislike for his son, or a son in this matter. Basically the ba…uhh…“love child” erm…with basically a cop. A sorta shameful thing for a Waternoose to do, and something Henry’s father/grandfather wouldn’t approve of[/spoil]

Dude, that was a wonderful comic you drew up. This is just as amazing as your previous ones. I really hope you decide to do another crossover in the future. Nice work.

[spoil](PS: Nice twist with Roz and Waternoose)[/spoil]

Ah ! Gotcha. The first twist [spoil](Waternoose’s son being Roz’ son too)[/spoil] was an idea I had from the beginning of the story. I always knew I would end the comic with this revelation. But for the second twist [spoil](having actually Waternoose III being killed in the explosion, rather than his son)[/spoil], I came up with the idea only two or three weeks ago.

[spoil]The way I see the story between Roz and Waternoose : they were in love, and had a kid, but he told her the baby was kidnapped ; after that, Roz didn’t want to see Waternoose anymore. It made her think about her missing son, and it was too painful. If I remember correctly, Roz and Waternoose didn’t share one single scene in the movie ; so I had to go for it.[/spoil]

About a Crossover 3 now : well, well… I do have some ideas. If I do it, maybe it should be different from the two first comics. We’ll see.

I have some questions about the next crossover.

1. Will the Incredibles be in it?
  2. What is the plot going to be?
  3. When does production start?

(You can tell that i am already excited for this.)