Archibald's sketches

Wow, I never thought it would be [spoil]Waternoose’s son[/spoil] A very interesting twist Archibald. I love it. THere is just so much that blows me away.

Wow, that was quite a surprise…I never actually took the time to go through all the pages again to try to solve this mystery, so maybe I would’ve gotten closer to knowing if I had. Nonetheless, I never expected that. Intriguing twist on things. I’m almost speechless after that.

Thanks for the nice comments. I’m glad I surprised you :slight_smile:

Anyway, here it is : page 13 of Crossover 2 :wink:

Interesting…so, the younger Waternoose wants his father out of jail…so he can get even with HIM for not caring about him during his childhood? Very plausible, really.

What’s even more compelling, though, is that image of Randall at the crossroads, both literally and figuratively, having to make a choice between doing something that will save the others, but probably land himself back in jail(not to mention helping the one individual who is most responsible for screwing him over in the first place, the elder Waternoose), and running off to “freedom”(listen to Janis Joplin’s version of “Me and Bobby McGee” for a really good take on THAT word), while leaving the others to perish. Risking his own freedom to help the very people who’ve hurt him the most in order to save those for whom he has no hard feelings(like the Parrs), or making his getaway and being done with all of them…or will Randall be the one to pull out a surprise, to do something no one expects?

pitbulllady

blinks I’m actually a little…confused. folds arms Waternoose was rather selfish with Monsters Inc., considering it HIS instead of anyone else’s. And usually uses his family name as a force of respect. Would think he’d want his son to take over after him to “keep it in the family”…then again, I suppose, guess for the time of all that was happening, he was so inclined to even get rid of family-family…

Whoa, your putting him in an interesting position 0_0 Though unsure WHY he was set free…though I guess it’s that he ordered Randall to either go to Monstropolis, break Waternoose out of jail, and bring him back…or, given the flexibility Ran has at the moment, run off. Hmm…now I’m intrigued…
places finger to head Ugh…hopefully when he does make his choice he won’t end up in the dumps AGAIN for trying to save people AGAIN…

Oooh, a great way to up the suspense even more Archibald. I wonder what Randall will decide. [spoil](I have a clue, but it would be a shock if he did decide to flee to the suburbs)[/spoil] Wonderful work with the story, and your artwork is simply fabulous. Keep it up.

Page 14 of Crossover 2 : link :wink:

I’m gonna be very busy this summer, so don’t expect a lot of updates :confused:

I love how you make every single page a cliffhanger, Archibald. :laughing: I like the pacing of this latest page, it builds up really well. I look forward to seeing the next page! I’m sorry to hear that you won’t be updating as much, but I hope you have a good summer. :smiley:

The right choice is made :smiley:

Yes, I was very happy to see that Randall did NOT take the opportunity to simply run away to freedom, but actually did something that is supposed to save the others-others for whom he either has no emotional connection at all, like the Parrs, or those whom he has a good reason to despise. Still, if there was one lesson learned from Monsters, Inc., it was that the Waternooses cannot be trusted, something Randall probably knows better than any of the others, and I’m sure one or the other, father or son, will have something unpleasant up his sleeve that will test the skills and ethical decisions of the rest to the maximum. I can be pretty well assured that it ain’t over yet, by a long shot.

pitbulllady

[spoil]I’m glad that Randall made the right choice but something tells me that you are going to throw a curveball at us Archibald[/spoil]. I wonder what’s gonna happen next.

Good thing to note Pitbulllady. [spoil] Though if I recall in this story, the son hates the father…but given the fact that the later has had time to plan things, and there is certainly little love between them, it would be difficult to determine what course of action that would be taken. Of course Henry the 4th may just fry them all if he wanted to…but that wouldn’t be a good ending now would it…so what does that mean will happen hm hm hm[/spoil]

Crossover 2 is back : page 15 :wink:

[spoil]So, why do you think Waternoose IV was banished ?[/spoil]

Ooh, a facinating twist to the story Archibald. It is nice to see you updating this story again. You drew each character nicely and the dialogue is well written.

Man, I almost missed this! It’s been awhile since you updated, and with my busy schedule, I just hadn’t been checking for updates like I should have.

With the generationally-wealthy, like the Waternoose clan, it probably would not take much of a “defect” for the father to discard his own son, although it couldn’t have been due to anything that Henry Iv did, if he was just a baby at the time. It does raise the question as to how he survived, though, in the Human World, if he was only an infant or a small child.

Very nice character arc with Randall, by the way. His fans have always known that deep down, underneath that veneer of anger and toughness, there’s still a good person waiting for someone to find him.

pitbulllady

Another update of Crossover 2 : page 16.

The end is approaching…

This page wasn’t as intense as others. Maybe because we have had so many shockers in the end. But still, it was a great twist. I wonder what will happen next.

Ah, well, THAT answers one of my questions! It stands to reason that some day the practice of banishing monsters to the Human World would backfire. It also stands to reason that Karma would catch up to Henry J. Waternoose of the movie, but what is confusing me is that HIS father would want the factory to remain in the family, yet would stipulate that he must never have children…maybe there’s something I’m missing here, but if he never had children, wouldn’t the factory have to go to some outside interest once he died? How can it remain in the family if the family line stopped with him?

pitbulllady

pitbulllady : maybe I should have been more clear, but anyway, here it is : Waternoose II doesn’t stipulate that his son must never have children. On the contrary, he hopes he has a grandchild before he dies, so that he can “give” the factory to him instead. He hates his son, so he doesn’t really want Monsters, Inc. to be owned him ; but ultimately, thinking he had no other choice, and given that he wanted the factory to remain in the family, Waternoose III became the director of Monsters, Inc. when he died.

edit : I have now updated the 16th page, making it more understandable, I think. Thanks to you, pitbulllady, for bringing that problem to my attention. It helped me make my comic better :wink:

Here’s the page 17 of Crossover 2.

Only three more pages to go :wink: