Archibald's sketches

The intense suspense building up with each page…I must say up to now I am very impressed how cleverly this is is put together…cliffhangers are your specialty! The twists and turns are amazing.

I’m happy to announce that Crossover 2 ends today, with the last two pages. Thanks to all the readers of this comic, for supporting me during this fun but long ride. It was what kept me going.

You can now enjoy the big ending, and I’m waiting impatiently for your comments :wink:

Page 19.
Page 20.

I KNEW that you had to have a plot twist in there at the end somewhere! Wait, make that a DOUBLE plot twist…even I didn’t see THAT coming!

pitbulllady

[spoil] WATERNOOSE? AND…ROZ!? tries to push the image away :blush: Oh my 0_0 Jeez…that was not just a twist…that was a spine tingling, mind punching twist 0_0[/spoil]

BUT, when you think about it, it DOES explain a lot of things from the movie, like why she never once mentioned what happened to Randall, even though she surely must have known, and why she acted so shocked that the plot “led all the way up to Waternoose”…and she probably knew about THAT, too. She made sure that Waternoose at least got a fair trial and jail time, with a roof over his head, even though HE was behind the whole plot from the get-go. Still, it WAS a shocker, to say the least, though not implausible at all.

Too bad Archibald doesn’t work for BOOM! Comic Studios, isn’t it? I like his writing a whole lot better; it’s much more sophisticated and on a level that I have come to expect from something with the Pixar label. Hopefully, he’ll have a sequel in the works before long(hint, hint), lol!

pitbulllady

That is indeed true. However, imagine Waternoose’s face if he turely found out that this once “Miss Monstropolis” and dispatcher was actually No. 1 of the C.D.A. [spoil] laughs Imagine the hilarity in THAT. Waternoose, a man who would do anything to achieve what he wants, and with less-than-acceptable connections…is married to one of the most decorated authority figures in the Monster World. shakes head In the words of something Ran told me…“I see a sitcom!” ^0^[/spoil]

Of course that…[spoil]would also explain his heavy dislike for his son, or a son in this matter. Basically the ba…uhh…“love child” erm…with basically a cop. A sorta shameful thing for a Waternoose to do, and something Henry’s father/grandfather wouldn’t approve of[/spoil]

Dude, that was a wonderful comic you drew up. This is just as amazing as your previous ones. I really hope you decide to do another crossover in the future. Nice work.

[spoil](PS: Nice twist with Roz and Waternoose)[/spoil]

Ah ! Gotcha. The first twist [spoil](Waternoose’s son being Roz’ son too)[/spoil] was an idea I had from the beginning of the story. I always knew I would end the comic with this revelation. But for the second twist [spoil](having actually Waternoose III being killed in the explosion, rather than his son)[/spoil], I came up with the idea only two or three weeks ago.

[spoil]The way I see the story between Roz and Waternoose : they were in love, and had a kid, but he told her the baby was kidnapped ; after that, Roz didn’t want to see Waternoose anymore. It made her think about her missing son, and it was too painful. If I remember correctly, Roz and Waternoose didn’t share one single scene in the movie ; so I had to go for it.[/spoil]

About a Crossover 3 now : well, well… I do have some ideas. If I do it, maybe it should be different from the two first comics. We’ll see.

I have some questions about the next crossover.

1. Will the Incredibles be in it?
  2. What is the plot going to be?
  3. When does production start?

(You can tell that i am already excited for this.)

The Star Swordsman : if a Crossover 3 happens one day :

1. Absolutely.
  2. I didn’t have many time to think about it, but there’s one thing i want to do, which involves a crossover (shocking, I know) between Pixar characters and non-Pixar characters.
  3. No idea.

As a thank you to readers who have supported me throughout the making of Crossover 2, who have left encouraging feedback on it (and nominated it for a Pixar Planet Award, even though it didn’t win), here’s a little behind the scenes of my comic :

1 : layout for the first three pages ; there’s also an alternate version of page 3 (right bottom corner) ; story ideas written in french.
2 : sketches for page 6.
3 : layout, text, and sketches for page 9.
4 : layout, sketches for page 10 ; story ideas written in french.
5 : layouts for pages 11 and 12.
6 : sketches for page 11 ; character research for Waternoose IV.
7 : layout research for page 12 ; character research for Waternoose IV ; story ideas written in french.
8 : layout for page 12 ; character research for Waternoose IV.
9 : text for page 12 and… hey ! What’s Remy doing here ?
10 : layout for page 17.
11 : sketches for page 17.
12 : layout research for page 18 ; story ideas written in french ; text for page 19.
13 : layout for page 18.
14 : layout, sketches and text for page 20.

I hope you’ll enjoy these :wink:

Also, there’s a strong possibility that there’s gonna be a Crossover 3 ; however, it would be the last one ; and I’ve been wondering if a talented “Pixar Planeter” would be interested in drawing the story I’m gonna write. I’m afraid I won’t have the time and energy to do another twenty pages comic, and I’ve been thinking it would be cool if I could work with someone on the last Crossover.
All I need is a fellow member with enough time and energy, and I think it would be intersting to exchange ideas on the story, the characters… If you have questions or if you want to do it, just send me a private message :slight_smile:

If it turns out nobody is interested, it can go two ways : there will be no Crossover 3, or I will do it after all…

I read through your earlier work, and I have to say I enjoyed it.

I didn’t comment earlier… because I fail, sorry.

But I just have to say I’m also looking forward to more comics from you!

I SEE MONSTERS INC IS GOING TO BE IN IT! YAY!!!

-Spazzs-
Anyway, glad to hear that there shall be more Sulley and M.I. in general (and do I see Randall’s name on the notes…? :smiley:)

mentalguru : actually, the notes you saw were for Crossover 2, wich is already over. So there’s no clue there about which characters are going to appear in my next comic :wink:

I think some good suggestions would be to use the CDA or at least a few members of the CDA as the antagonists myself… of course, I’m biased in that respect.

Ahem.

But yeah, re-read your post, boy am I embarrassed!

But yeah, I guess you can tell I’d like to see that.

I’d like to see Randall and Boo meeting up and getting along on some level too… not to mention how you’d draw Boo since she’s (at least) over a year older between when Sulley said goodbye and the epilogue of the laughter floor, so would have to look quite a bit different to how she’s seen in the movie after all to make sense- you know she’d be much bigger and she could talk and all. And Sulley-Boo father-daughter like bonding of course. 'Cause I love that, and perhaps some Sulley-Randall interactions?

But that’s just silly whims of mine though…

(Boo and Randall explanation) Just something about two people who had a tendency to disappear and are quite quick on their feet you know?

XD.

A little update on this topic : I decided to not do Crossover 3 ; at least, not for now. But it’s okay, since I’ll now have time to draw old fashioned fan arts, like I used to.

So here it is :
Lotso without shading
Lotso with shading

:wink:

Wow, really nicely drawn Archiblad. He looks really, really cool! You’ve done it again.

NIce job Archibald! You’ve got his character design pretty much down to a T! Cool shading too… :-D)

:mrgreen:

A drawing I made as a thank you to Lee Unkrich for Toy Story 3 : link.

Awesome! (a little creepy), but awesome!