Are you an animal lover?

What does the rest of your family think about animals? Are they just okay with them? Do they dislike them completely? or are they neutral?

Dogs, Spiders, And any other exotic animal i have or haven’t heard of.

I’m really into animals! My favorite animals are birds, fish, dragonflies, dogs, and horses.

I don’t really have a favorite. It’s between birds and fish. I might like birds a little better overall, but fish are also special to me because I have fish.

I also don’t have a favorite bird really. I can’t decide. I generally like water birds with longer legs like cranes or herons. I like woodpeckers, and birds similar to crows, like ravens and magpies. I also like swans.

My favorite fish are bettas (which I have), and Moorish Idols. Have you heard of them? [spoil]That’s what Gill is.[/spoil]

I don’t have a favorite dragonfly. They are all awesome!

My favorite dogs are bigger dogs like Newfoundlands and St. Bernards, or sighthounds (my favorite is the Saluki). I also love little fuzzy dogs.

How I started liking dogs is interesting. I used to not like dogs and was really scared of them.

One time when I was little, I watched the movie Beethoven. After I saw the part when [spoil]Beethoven saved the little girl from drowning[/spoil], I started to like dogs. Even today, that part makes me emotional.

I’m still a little nervous around some dogs, but it’s better than it was.

I really like horses. I’m not into the western cowboy stuff AT ALL, but I love fancy carriage horses, carousel horses, and most of all, draft horses. Shire horses are my favorite!

Awww, that’s a sweet story!

I love all animals, except arachnids and insects.

I love animals! I am a vegetarian because if how much I love animals. There is not one species of animal that I don’t like.

Curse you for hating arachnids! just kidding, but I did save a spider from the washer and welcomed spiders into my room just as long as they didn’t invade my private space. Also, I’ve saved many bees and ladybugs from the mulching system of my lawn mower as I mowed lawns. Although, I just found out that I don’t like birds flying around me, it disturbed me many times while I was up at St. Helens. But, I like dogs and cats, dogs more than cats since they are a lot more fun than cats, prairie dogs (they look awesome!), and any kind of reptile.

I love animals, but not being with them.

I know most people can’t understand that, but it’s possible and very true!

I love all animals except for mice and rats. I enjoyed Ratatouille though.

Haha, yeah I’m not a fan of creepy crawlies! If there’s a spider on my wall, I don’t really care. But if it or an insect is near me I just get grossed out.

I never kill them though, because it’s against my philosophy to kill any animal (or plant) unless its for food or protection. So if there’s a black widow on my bed, I’ll kill it! But not if its outside under a block of wood.

What’s with the bias against rats? :cry: They’re so cute! I mean, look at late Flurl here;

He was a dumbo rat, which is a special breed that has larger ears and a slightly broader head… Flurl is a fancy rat though, he had never bitten me even once! But he did lose part of his tail once… Poor guy D:

Wh- EJE, you have black widows in your area? :open_mouth: Then I can understand not liking spiders. Oh my gosh, if I had black widows in my house I would be scared to go to sleep!

I’m not too big on insects either. I like dragonflies, though. And some other bugs. Like this one;

Oh… and before you leave, look at this monkey. LOOK AT IT.

I took this photo a few years ago. I just love that frowny face! xD

I think Rats are cute too.

Badger I am very sorry about Flurl.

Aww, thanks. Well, it’s been almost a year now I think… I don’t know if I’ll ever get rats again. At least not when I’m living with my parents…

I like rats! Well, PET rats! Just the idea of wild rodents running free in my house gives me the heebly jeeblys.

Yep. We have black widows. And another type of poison spider, brown reclouse. And scorpians. And rattlesnakes. And Mountain Lions. But none of them come in houses! That’s very rare.

All those species have been spotted at my work, but I’ve never seen them. At work I have seen more peaceful animals like coyotes, rabbits, and gophers.

like 90% of all animal-related injuries, they were caused because the animal felt threatened, and thus is why I don’t try to screw around or freak out when I see spiders.

I think I am. I don’t like seeing animals getting hurt. It suckens me that some people find that enjoyible.

I understand that exactly!

Anyone have friends or family that has a ton of animals?

My mom’s friend has a good number of animals. She has like 4 dogs, maybe a couple cats, and I think a bird. She might have more, but I’m not sure.

My exboyfriend is visiting family on the East Coast, so my sister is babysitting his pet rat. I don’t really like the rat, because rats kind of gross me out.