Art Jamz!

Hey, not bad little crossover, Netbug009! :slight_smile: Simply cute, both Crikee and Hal meeting.

Badger: I’m positive you can! As the rules on the first post say, anyone can hop in and join anytime. There’s only a couple of days left though.

Ok here’s mine:

See? Lilo is barely using any effort as Stitch is piggybacking her and tugging easily with one hand because of his super strength. This sketch took hours and a lot of tries to get the characters right but I did it! :smiley:

I’m not that satisfied with Russell that much nor am I one-hundred percent proud of Stitch’s position. But I definitely wanted him behind Lilo even though there wasn’t enough room unless he stood on her…

Another thing is I don’t have enough time to color it right now, so it’ll be as it is for at least the rest of this year (which is not very long, heheh). Plus, there are some dark smudges that’ll get in the way, so I’ll fix that way later.

What do you think?

Nice entry, bright dot-dasher! I love the idea and it sounds like it was a difficult one to put on paper, but you’ve done really well. All the characters look great, in proportion and are very recognisable, especially in the case of Stitch who I think you’ve got spot on. Drawing him piggy-backing Lilo must’ve been really difficult, but you’ve managed well, though his foot looks like it’s slightly in the wrong position. Russell’s pose is great, it’s very clear that he’s putting a lot of effort into pulling by the way he’s leaning back- another difficult thing to achieve, but you’ve done it! Great work!

Very well done, Netbug009 :slight_smile: ! I really love all the colors and the simplistic style you used. Very nice. You did a great job!

Awesome one, bright dot-dasher :slight_smile: ! I think Stitch looks especially well drawn! I can’t find anything what-so-ever wrong with him! It looks great!

Alright, I know I’m an extremely late arrival to this Art Jam, but I still wanted to get my entry in! So, here it is! My 2D-3D crossover :slight_smile: !

Please, excuse all the mistakes, I know I made a lot of them. But I did this completely from memory, because I had lost the picture I had for Lampy and didn’t print one out for Luxo. Sorry about the writing paper as well. I was rushing. Ugh! I could kick myself for not taking the time to do it better! Bad artist! Bad! Sigh Well, I hope you still like it :slight_smile: !

Thanks, Violet Parr! :smiley:

I think it’s ok if yours is slightly late, though that’s not up to me…

I think your crossover sketch is creative and an excellent idea! Neatly pulled off and impressive for something drawn completely from memory without a reference in front of you. :smiley: I never would’ve thought of crossing over The Brave Little Toaster with Luxo. Great job!

That’s a very cool idea for a crossover, Violet Parr, and I love your sketch, especially as it was done from memory!

Thanks, BDD and lizardgirl :slight_smile: ! I really appreciate it!

AWWWW, that is sooooo cute, Violet! :smiley: Lampy was my FAVORITE when I was a kid (okay, tied with Blankie… :laughing:), I love the Brave Little Toaster! <3 The only thing I could critique on are the bases of the lamps: when drawing from a straight-on angle like that, the bases would be more flattened and straight-looking as opposed to actually drawing them as circles. However, not a bad drawing at all! I especially love the way you’ve inked this.

Netbug and BDD, yours look awesome, too! :smiley: Great job, guys!

I wonder if there’s still time for me to whip up something, cuz I had an idea the other night and now I can’t remember it… scratches head

little chef

Thanks, little chef :slight_smile: ! I really do appreciate it! I realize how the bases look a little off. Like I said, it was a quick sketch. I’m glad you liked it, though :slight_smile: !

Yeah, no problem! Keep on drawing, you’ve gotten so much better over the past year! :smiley:

little chef

And here I come, bringing up the rear :laughing:

Remy and his new acquaintance exchange the tools of the trade. I know the other old farts (like myself) will know that handsome devil on the left, but I wonder how many of the young’uns know him.

And thus ends another fantastic jam! Well done! Thank you to the artists who participated and thank you to the folks who commented. I’ll return to this thread in a week with the next theme. What oh what will be next? :wink:

~Haunt~

Wow, you guys are so good at this ‘drawing’ stuff! :slight_smile:

Netbug: No qualms, I think this picture is fantastic. And I love Cri-Kee and Mushu from Mulan, they’re the best comic-relief duo next to T&P from TLK. :slight_smile: Pair the former with his adorable counterpart from my fave Pixar movie and you’ve got my attention!

BDD: Great detail in there, I like how Dug refers to Stitch as an “evil pet koala”. You’ve got Stitch eyes right, but the others could do with some improvement, and I would change their stance a bit to make it look like they were leaning further back and bracing themselves to make the tug-of-war look more convincing. But great captions and besides the eyes, you drew the rest of the characters’ bodies excellently!

VP: I’ll just second little_chef’s advice on improving the perspective on the bases, but other than that, this piece is awesome! Lampy was also my fave character from TBLT, and if you know your Pixar history, TBLT played a crucial role in one of the Pixarian’s career… :wink: But anway, it’s amazing you drew that all from memory, I’m practically useless without references, so great job!

Haunt: OMG! I forgot the name (EDIT: I Wikiied it: it’s Justin?) of the rat on the left, but it’s that [spoil]leader of the rat resistance from Secret of the NIMH[/spoil], right? I watched it when I was a kid, and didn’t understand a word since they whispered their lines so often! But yes, what a great mash-up with Ratatouille, I can see the parallels… And did I mention you’re good at digital colouring?

Great work on the Jam everyone! Nice mash-up Haunt! :-D)

Hopefully I can jump in on this next jam…(while I have the extra time). :wink:

:mrgreen:

Thanks, little_chef_eva09, thedriveintheatre and Pixfan! :smiley:
TDIT: Well, Lilo and Stitch aren’t leaning back because it’s meant to be effortless for them (Stitch is actually doing all the pulling, which is light for him due to his superstrength; Lilo is just grabbing hold of the rope.) Unless you mean Dug and Russell should be leaning back more? Yeah, I knew there were some flaws with them (such as Dug being a smidge too big), but, being my first time drawing these characters, I’m still proud of this rough drawing. Thanks for the constructive criricism, so I can keep that in mind next time I draw and improce myself. :smiley: Glad you like Dug’s quote!

Haunt: :astonished: That is stunning and creative! Wonderful and interesting crossover, I can imagine that encounter. Also very excellent digital coloring, as you always do! Great work! And thanks for this Art Jam!

Thanks, again, little chef :slight_smile: ! And Thanks, TDIT :slight_smile: ! I really appreciate all the comments and constructive criticism.

And great job on the drawing, Haunt :slight_smile: ! I love the quotes, and the coloring is excellent! But I’m sad to say I haven’t the faintest idea who the guy one the left is :laughing: . Sorry. But I know Remy very well and you drew him beautifully! I can’t wait to see your next work and what the next Jam will be!

Great job everyone! And thanks again :slight_smile: !

Thanks again folks for a great jam, and thank you TDIT, Pixfan, BDD, and VP for the comments.

Violet Parr:
Tsk tsk, missy. That’s one of Don Bluth’s best films and an animated classic for sure. :laughing: You need to go out and get yourself a copy of The Secret of Nihm. You’ll not regret it. And that character right there is a rat named Justin.

Now then. Time for a new jam. I hope you guys have some fashion sense 'cause you’re going to need it. It’s time to get all dolled up!

Theme for this month: Looking Good!
This is the season for looking sharp, and I can think of two good reasons. One, Valentine’s day is coming up and who doesn’t want to look good for their sweetheart? Two, it’s awards season. We’ve already seen some award shows come and go and we’ve got a few left on the calendar, and everyone likes to look fabulous on the red carpet.

So your task? Draw your favorite Pixar characters stepping out and looking good. You can go 2 routes, a Valentine’s day theme, or a red carpet runway. You can go with an evening gown for the ladies and a tux for the fellas, or maybe something a little less traditional. Totally up to you. The point is to try out some new outfits for your favs. Let’s see what you guys can come up with!

~Haunt~

Oh boy, I’m like totally envisioning Violet or Helen in a beautiful dress, or Bob or Lucius in a tux. But I have got zero artistic ability, so at this point, its just a simple request/prayer.

Haunt- You’re welcome! I’m always happy to comment on your art. Yeah, I’ll have to look that up sometime. It does sound pretty good :slight_smile: ! Thank for revealing who it was :wink: . I know I must sound stupid not knowing that… Thanks, though!

TSS- Well, God must be listening, because your prayers are about to be answered! Here’s my entry (yes, already…).

Now, if you don’t mind, I’ve actually got a couple entries for this Jam (If I recall correctly, you said you can enter as many as you want, right? If not, I’m very sorry and you can yell at me for it then :unamused: :wink: …)

Aaaannywaay… in the last five minutes, I was able to come up with…

…THIS!!!

Just kidding :laughing: . Actually, most of these have been done for months. I wanted to try different dress styles and colors on Violet, and I got a little creative… So creative, markers and pen alone wouldn’t allow for my ideas. I used, no lie, eye make-up on the blue and white ones. I use a little glue to keep it on (which would explain the marks on the white dress), so if you were able to hold it yourself, and in the light, they glitter. I thought it was a really cool and original idea. But I hope you guys think the same :wink: . Thanks for viewing guys! God Bless! I hope you like 'em!

My god… Violet Parr looks absolutely stunning and beautiful in each of her dresses! If she wasn’t with Tony, I wouldn’t hasitate to take her out! Violet Parr, once again, you have amazed me with such beauty in your artwork. I absolutely love it!

Thanks, TSS :smiley: ! I knew you’d love it! Thank you so much! Might I ask, which one is your favorite?

Which one was my favorite… well… yes!

:laughing: