Badger's other art

TDIT: thank you!~ And why, I’m not sure about the shirt thing! They are pretty cheap, though, and the quality is really good. Most people just get there themselves to pay and pick up their stuff so I’m not sure we can also ship them overseas. And at this moment, we lack regular t-shirts to print on. Still, it’s awesome that you’re interested in one of my custom designs! :slight_smile: You could always send me a PM or a note on DeviantART for more information whenever I find out about such. They have a website but it’s all in Dutch. However, I’m gonna ask about overseas shipping ASAP.~

ObsessedWithPixar: Thank you, and I already made it a shirt. It’s cool. x3 And yeah, you should totally watch the show if you have the chance. It’s the best.

Welllll… I’ve officially ran out of art to show! I have another Regular Show pic but that one contains mild profanity and I’m not sure if such a thing is allowed here sooo… I’m sorry! I should be drawing more stuff as soon as possible, though.~

Oh, I could also just show some of the things I made at my internship, of course!

A certain castle here in the Netherlands I drew for holiday cards. People loved it, and I’m glad! I don’t usually draw things like this.

And here’s an angry panda bear with a flag I drew for someone’s T-shirt. He too was happy with it and so was I! …Pandas are really hard to draw not-cute. Obviously, the real thing didn’t have the watermark.

I really like the way you draw Regular Show characters! You adapt them into your drawing style so smoothly, and you make them very cute and expressive. Love that castle and the panda, too! I am envious of your ability to color fur. :laughing:

Very cool stuff! The panda turned out especially awesome :slight_smile:

Thanks Badger! Lemme know their reply about overseas shipping. Do you do requests, trades or commisions on deviantART? I looked at your profile page but there’s no mention whether you do so. If I think of a design I would like to do, perhaps I PM you?

Haha, I see your name in the holiday card picture! The panda pic is real cool too, although I think it’d be 20% cooler if the panda had a hat and a cape like Po or something. Here it just looks kinda weird cos’ it looks so realistic, yet it’s holding a flag like an anthro. Other than that, good inking and colouring!

Leirin: Good to see ya again! And thanks. I’m not that good at fur, though. x3

ObsessedWithPixar: again, thank you!~

TDIT: Well, I asked, and they’re fine with overseas shipping, as long as you also pay the shipping costs, heh. And yeah, I take commissions, though I have yet to declare so officially. (I must do so soonish though, because I kinda made a bet with my dad that I can finish a commission in a month. And I need money because I just blew 50 euros on deluxe talking plush versions of a certain blue jay and raccoon. :stuck_out_tongue:) But sure, you can send me a PM and I’ll see what I can do! :smiley: I also take art trades but I’d rather take commissions right now. I draw nearly anything except realistic humans or robots, adult material, and anything that promotes hatred. Oh, and thank you!~ Yeah, I’m aware that the panda looks a bit odd, I was really unsure if I wanted to make him realistic or anthropomorphic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, another thing I drew for my internship. A bunch of cartoony elephants for someone. :stuck_out_tongue: (Still dunno which one they’ll choose - I’ll hear next Wednesday. I also get interviewed that day and I’m so excited!) The first one was done from memory, while the others were done after I looked up some references.

Also, to top it all off; here’s another Regular Show/Donkey Kong crossover. More silly than last time, since it’s just Diddy and DK in the cartoon’s style. xD I doodled this one a few hours ago.

The elephants turned out adorable! And that Regular Show/DK crossover is so ridiculously fun! Your art made me smile today for sure, Badger! :smiley:

Thanks!~ Always nice to hear that I make people smile.~

As for art…

A detailed Donkey Kong Country 2-inspired drawing I made yesterday. Listening to Disney’s Tarzan’s Two Worlds in Flemish and Dutch inspired me!

here’s a hyena

It is King K. Rool! Been a while since I’d drawn him so I drew him. Er, yeah.

Luigi, from the Mario games. Brings me back, you know. I used to draw him all the time.

Some doodles of Scrat, the lovable saber-toothed squirrel from the Ice Age films!

Okay, I admit I haven’t seen the new Littlest Pet Shop cartoon yet, but I just might, and only because of Pepper. I have a thing for skunks as you all might know and seeing one that’s not just a silly stereotype is just really cool!

Another silly cartoon I’ve been watching recently!

Well, yeah, that’s all for now!

Yay! New art! :smiley: Let’s see… the DKC2 sunset is ohmygosh amazing! I love the detail and the style and oh goodness everything about it! :mrgreen: And of course I love all these new drawings… especially the Scrat and Luigi pics! Your style looks fantastic on them! I always enjoy checking out your art, that’s for sure, Badger :slight_smile:

They’re all so much fun to look at, Badger! Your art has a very distinct skill for catching my eye whenever I scroll past it. I like how each picture is uniquely colored from the others.

I watched Gumball’s pilot, can’t say it grabbed my attention enough to warrant watching future episodes (I don’t understand how his parentage works, although I’m not sure if I’m supposed to seeing how random most of the episode was!). But I like the mixed-media design, it reminds me of Chowder.

As for Pepper, it’s funny you drew her, seeing she’s my favourite LPS character (I’m not kidding, go and check my deviantART, I made a separate folder for her alone, although I plan to add the rest of the gang when I find good artwork of them). My only criticisms is that she has a white belly and a smaller nose (unless she’s wearing a rubber clown nose?).

If you love Pinkie Pie from MLP, Pepper’s in a similar vein (her voice actress is Rarity’s, and a lot of the MLP cast voice LPS characters as well). Her ambition is to entertain others with jokes and slapstick, and she fashions herself as a stand-up comic. Granted, the skunk’s a “clean” comedian, since it’s a kid’s show, but her attempts to get a laugh are endearing.

I’d say LPS has a more sitcomy-vibe than MLP’s epic fantasy, but I still recommend it. I’ve been watching an episode every one/two nights for the past few weeks!

Oh, and watch Pepper’s “stink trail” whenever she feels a strong emotion. It’s the visual equivalent of a mood ring! :wink:

@ObsessedWithPixar: Thank you! :3 I always appreciate your nice comments.~

@Leirin: Thanks~ I always try out new things when colouring!

@TDIT: Gumball’s a bit weird, but yeah, the art style’s really cool!

That’s cool to hear! Heh. I haven’t even seen the show but it’s awesome how she is a comedian. I get a bit sick of all those flirtatious, constantly-stinking-it-up skunks in fiction. Sure, Pepé le Pew is awesome, but not every skunk needs to be like him, goodness! I’m a bit of a skunk nut and I get annoyed that they all seem to follow the same pattern. Pepper’s like a breath of fresh air, as ironic as that sounds. |D …Still haven’t watched the cartoon though. :T

Honestly, I do not care about MLP as much as I used to, but that’s interesting. I’ll admit I forget her lighter-coloured belly, but that nose’s just a bit of artistic license. :stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t look up any references, heh.

As for art - I’m working on my own custom shirt now. It’s gonna be pretty epic. It involves cartoon!DKC. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, if you like(d) ponies, you’re gonna love Littlest Pet Shop! As I said, it’s more sitcom than high fantasy, so if you go in with that expectation and an open mind, I think it’ll grow on you (just like it did for me).

Haha, I’m sorry. |D It’s just that they’re everywhere, not a place seems pony-free and it kinda grates my nerves. I still like 'em, just not… as much, you see. :stuck_out_tongue: (And some of the less friendly parts of the fandom… scare me.) I still think Fluttershy is adorable though, and if people like it, then that’s fine with me! I won’t harass anyone for liking it.

But yeah, I’m still having a blast in Kongo Bongo, where the banana trees grow tall, monkeys have relationship issues and fat alligators cause a ruckus daily, yo.

But I’ll definitely check out LPS! I like sitcommy things and I always try to have an open mind. :smiley:

And now for something completely different!

I don’t always watch anime, but when I do, it’s about dogs. :B

This fella here is Gin (Japanese for ‘Silver’) and he’s the main character in the anime Ginga Nagareboshi Gin. It’s a cool show, but contains a lot of blood and mature themes, so it’s not advised to watch if you have a weak stomach.

I drew him after I had re-discovered some soundtrack pieces from it and its sequel.

I love this drawing! Your reimagining of Gin is awesome! While I haven’t watched the show my art community DisneyCreate has a number of Gin fans, and with it, fanart. The shading looks great, too! Overall, it’s a-plus cute! I might try out Ginga sometime… of course, if it’s violent that’s a bit of a concern to me, considering my favorite anime show of the few I’ve seen stars a bunch of adorable little hamsters. But nonetheless, it’s a great drawing!

Thanks!~ And yeah, it’s a bit over-the-top with the gore. Funny when you consider I kinda grew up with watching it (I was about 11 first time I saw it) it’s a wonder I didn’t get traumatized, haha! I still like it though, even though nowadays I prefer other cartoons.

I do a lot of animation recently, one of my most recent ones is a simple run cycle of Rigby, the raccoon from Regular Show. The reason I chose him is because he had the endearing tendency to run on all fours in the first few seasons. He doesn’t do so anymore and it makes me eternally sad.

Used Preston Blair’s book on animation as a reference. :stuck_out_tongue:

Some generic colourful thing

And this is a very surreal depiction of my biggest inspirations and favourite characters. :stuck_out_tongue: Guess who!

The Rigby animation is tooooo cute X3 I’m hugely impressed with your animating skillz, Badger! And your drawings look so undeniably cool! Keep up your awesome work!

Thanks again, ObsessedWithPixar! Your comments always make me feel good. ;w;

Thought I’d update my topic too since it’s been a while. Been obsessed with Viva Piñata recently, so a lot of that! I dunno, the series is just so happy and colourful! It’s cool, so I draw it all! Yay!

No points for guessing who my favourite characters are. :laughing: As an extra, here’s my re-imagining of the two of them - as humans.

I’m actually really proud of this one, seeing as I’m still practicing on drawing humans… a lot.

Alright, enough with the piñatas. Here’s Fluffclaw again!

And what about a three-wattled bellbird? This is an actual existing animal!

Another actual existing animal, this time one with a funny name - a hellbender!

Also, finally, here’s a meme I filled in, depicting my favourite characters.

Super-cute stuff you’ve got here, Badger! I love it all :slight_smile: I’m glad that my comments mean something to you, btw. I’m hugely impressed by the quality and the style of all of your Viva Pinata pieces especially; OWP adds Viva Pinata to her long list of shows she needs to start watching I always enjoy seeing stuff from you!

Apologies for my lateness, but thanks again, ObsessedWithPixar! :smiley: Of course your comments mean something to me. It always brings a smile to my face when people have something nice to say about the things I drew. uwu

And you should definitely check out Viva Piñata. It’s hilarious and adorable. The show’s on Hulu in its entirety for free and I’m not sure if I mentioned that already somewhere…

Anyway! Arts!

Here’s the squirrel cast of Urchin of the Riding Stars, from the Mistmantle Chronicles, one of my favourite book series which I recently re-read. I tried to make them all look distinctive, for example I messed around with their colours, facial features, and ears to make them all different. As if they would be in a cartoon or something. I think a cartoon based on these books would be great, anyhow.

Here’s a little reference image I made for my fursona, Badger. Or just Renée, which is my real name. :stuck_out_tongue: She went through a lot of different designs. Whereas she had the colouration of a realistic badger at first, it changed from white and blue, to white and purple, to purple and pink, which ended up being the eventual design I decided on. :B

A drawing I made, honouring my favourite Rare franchises. Rather than being upset about Rare’s current state, I prefer to look back on the good things they did make. And goodness me, Banjo-Kazooie, Viva Piñata, and Conker’s Bad Fur Day are amazing. I believe they’re still following in Diddy Kong’s footsteps.

A lot of cartoony skunks! That’s all there is to it, really. I became inspired after reading The Art of Monsters University.

Yeah, almost forgot about Fergy here.

Also, a Banjo-Kazooie animation I made a while back!

Well I think that’s it for now!

Majorly awesome art update, Badger! Ah man, you draw such great animals! Your animation looks great, too! And the effects on the Rare pic are super-cool! Great work again!