Batman 3: What do you think?

What will be the next Batman villain?

What do you think?

I think it might be Bane or just more with Two-Face.

Did you really think it was necessary to make this a new topic? There’s already a Batman topic here. :confused:

yes but this is a thread about a movie that doesn’t exist yet.

oh it’ll come! Nolan’s 3rd Batman movie will be awesome!!!

Well if you insist on having another topic for a movie that hasn’t even been announced, then please title it appropriately, otherwise I’ll have to lock this thread.

As I have reminded you multiple times before, please read this.

Well there’s word that Johnny Depp will be playing The Riddler in the next Batman film :smiley:

I pray to God for no more Two Face. Eckhart was great as Dent but when he became Two Face, I began to wish the movie was over, quite honestly, and only Joker continued to redeem it.

I’d prefer to have Catwoman.

Yaaay.

cough

Uh, I’ve heard stuff about Two Face but I’m wondering how any actor will be able to live up to Heath Ledger’s role as a villain in a Batman film. I’ve also heard stuff about a re-introduction of the Penguin, but I’m sure there are loads of rumours going around.

I don’t get why Johnny Depp would be the Riddler, although he was The Joker in the Hospital scene that they had to film after Heath died (R.I.P).

I have a bad taste in my mouth from Jim Carrey’s Riddler, so I wouldn’t want to see a Riddler movie anytime soon. I would love it if they made one entire Two-Face movie!!!

I’d actually like to see either Hugo Strange or Poison Ivy.

There have been rumors about Phillip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.

I don’t think they’ll do Catwoman because of Halle Berry’s horrible Catwoman movie.

Why was Eckhart bad when he was Two-Face? I thought he was great throughout the whole film.

I am not sure about having the Riddler as the next villain. I mean, the Dark Knight already had a movie that used puzzling mind games. Even though Riddle uses riddles about stuff, two puzzling villains, one after the other, just wouldn’t seem right.

Whats puzzling about the Joker? He’s just a psycho. Pure and simple. Nothing puzzling about that. But he is a genius criminal mastermind, especially in the scene where… he tells Batman that Rachel is in the warehouse and Harvey’s on the other side of town, and Batman goes to save Rachel and ends up saving Harvey and letting Rachel blow up (beginning of Two-Face).

True,[spoil] but he poses the question about are people corrupt to kill others to survive as seen with the boat and bomb scene.[/spoil]

I think that scene just adds to the establishing of the fact that The Joker is a criminal mastermind.

Of course, but his character is a mystery. [spoil]I mean, one of the biggest mysteries of him is when he explains the scars on his face. It is a different story every time.[/spoil]

That adds to his psychopathic image. He doesn’t kill people becuase he’s got some evil plot, he just really likes doing it.

He just wants to watch the world burn.

But doesn’t it make you wonder about him? When I was at a party with my friends and we were discussing movies, The Joker was like the center of the conversation for about 20 minutes straight.

Personally, I think that it would be tne Penguin and Catwoman. I mean when you think about it, they are, kinda, going in the original way of the first series of live-action Batmans.
First was the Joker, then Penguin, then Riddler, and so on. Granted, Two-Face was more with the Riddler…HOWEVER…the Bataman afterward (Batman 4, new version( would be a good opportunity for Dent to make a “fresh return” as it were, and have the fascmile of joining up with the Riddler.
But that’s for Btman four, back on 3…

At the end of the first movie…[spoil] Batman is on the run. Now this didn’t occur in the original series (note I’m ONLY talking about Batman, Batman Returns, that series, since it’s basically what I know). Now this would have to work in with the story, and ultimately, the villain. Now the Penguin or the Riddler WOULD be good choices so that Batman gets BACK on the city’s side, as the Penguin, in the original, steals the children of the city of Gotham. Now that’s actually a good reason why I pick him. The Riddler’s is a little bit less drastic, using wavelengths to get information, not as shocking as taking children in the middle of the night. So if Bataman saves Gotham’s children, should be in their graces. [/spoil]

Now for Harvey.

Just to say something about the Joker. He’s not quite as psychotic…because, despite that he WAS doing terrible, horrible things, he had points.
[spoil] The best option to show is the ferry choice. One had convicts, the other, gotham’s people. The situation questions if convict’s, the one’s judged to be unfit for society, should die. Or if the normal people would do it to save their own skin. This is basically a life question. When put in such a situation, a bad person would do what they would normally do, and a normal person would do no better than the convicts they would kill. I am SERIOUSLY surprised that NO ONE died there. Because 90% of people on each boat WANTED the other to get blown up so they wouldn’t die. The Joker was to show that. That a human will do a terrible thing in a terrible situation to save themselves, and not another. I mean if YOU had to make the decision, what would it be?
folds arms Now I’m not defending the Joker, the guy was psychotic and dangerous…but the morality of what he was showing was sane-wise. That humanity shows itself that way. That a little chaos shows true colors. [/spoil]

Oh, about the scars thing.
[spoil] The stories probably tell how the left cut and right cut of his mouths were formed. His father probably cut only the left/right side of his mouth, just a corner grin. Then the other side was done by the Joker himself (if I recall the story right)[/spoil][/i]

I personally believe that the Riddler would not be a bad choice for the third film’s villian at all, and would love to see what Nolan can do with that character, or any villian not yet used for that matter. On the subject of Johnny being considered for the role, I think he would be an excellent choice, and also, David Tennant has expressed interest as well. It should also be noted that Johnny was one of the many considered for the Joker in The Dark Knight before Heath was cast.

David S. Goyer, who is credited as co-screenwriter on Batman Begins, and story for The Dark Knight, ruled out using the Penguin or Catwoman in a future film, prefering to use villians who have not yet been portrayed on the big screen. Kate Beckinsale has shown an interest in the Catwoman role, as well as Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Angelina Jolie I believe.

The Penguin was rumored to be the villian in The Dark Knight way back when, and Philip Seymour Hoffman was widely rumored for the part. I’d think he’d be good, as well as Bob Hoskins (Hoskins said he would love to the play the part, and work with Nolan when that was rumored as a possibility). The rumors of the Penguin as the main villian have resurfaced, with Hoffman again being rumored for the part.

Aaron Eckhart said he would return for the sequel if asked:

imdb.com/news/ni0265713/

Now, my personal choice of actor for the Riddler, should the character ultimately be used is David Bowie. That being said, I would just love to see the Mad Hatter be used in a future film as well, possibly played by Daniel Day-Lewis.

If you want more information regarding speculation on villians and casting for the third film. check out this link:

reelzchannel.com/article/639 … peculation

Daniel Day-Lewis as the Mad Hatter would be …

AWESOME!!!

That is definitely what I wanna see, along with some scnes of Two-Face.

Any one know if they are going to bring in Robin to join Batman?

I don’t think they will, because the last Robin movie they made was a complete and utter BOMB.

Even done by Nolan, I don’t think it would be great to have a Robin movie. It’d be the one that I’d least want to see.