Batman: The Dark Knight

FunnyGirl: Yes. It does fill the screen. It’s awesome!!!

aZnCdn: After I saw that scene [spoil]with the pencil[/spoil] I wasn’t sure to laugh because it was funny, or to laugh because it was evil. BUt either way, it shows that you can laugh at the Joker, yet he is still a dangerous man.

You can read my review in this journal entry of mine on deviantArt: Voila´

In short, it’s the best film I’ve seen in years. I love it, I love it, and I love it.

[spoil]“I’m gonna make this pencil… disappear. WHAM Ta-daaa!! It’s gone!” - The Joker[/spoil]

Best part in the whole film. =P

By the way, anyone who has seen the film (or even those who haven’t) have to see this: “The Dark Knight” Trailer Spoof

– Mitch

I Loved the movie The Dark Knight . It comes out on DVD on December 16, and I’m literally counting the days until then.

The Joker is without a doupt … the funniest, scariest , and even the most sympathetic villian I’ve seen in a long time. One minute he’s got me frozen with fear, the next he’s got me laughing. In an unexpected way , I even feel sorry for him, even if only for a second at some parts. He must be so sad and unhappy deep inside if he dous’t even value his own life and not care if he dies.

Even if Heath Ledger is dead … God rest his soul … I hope he wins a best supoorting actor oscar for this role. There’s been a lot of talk and consideration for it, and I think he should get it . Ledger made the Joker so ALIVE.
Even though Heath Ledger left behind a memorable lagacy in his short yet unforgetable life, this role is what he will be best remembered for.

Though I think I heard that in that small scene the Joker was played by a different person…

Did anybody like the [spoil] the hospital scene? When the Joker is just walking away wearing a nurses outfit, I swear looks like something out of Silent Hill ^0^, while the hospital starts exploding behind him. Then it just stops, and the Joker is like “What?..That’s it?” with an unbelieved expression on his face, then tapes the detonator and then explosions start all over again?[/spoil]

I havn’t seen it yet. I dont waste money on the movie theatre. its just not a luxury i have. took the kids to wall-e though. I love the universe. was waiting for that for a long time. to bad it was so short. I could fly through space dust and nebulas for ever.

I still havn;t seen indiana jones yet. thats how bad I am.

You’re not missing much with Jones. Rent the originals and you’ll be better off.

Nexas - Ha! Yeah, I loved that scene. Hilarious…

Ambrose2124 - The Dark Knight is worth the $8.00-$10.00 theater ticket. Heck, it’s worth $20.00 bucks.

As for “Indiana Jones”, I agree with Fett101. Don’t waste your money on it. (That’s just my personal opinion, though.)

– Mitch

I haven’t seen it but I heard it was really violent and evil. I really want to see it.
Is it that good?

Tyler: It just happens to be one of (if not) the best movies of the year. It was so brilliantly made. You will love it (even with its dark nature and violence.) Go see it as soon as possible!

Tyler- It’s good, definitely a movie worth seeing in the cinema, but I really don’t think it’s THAT good. I don’t think it’s one of the best movies of all time, though seeing Heath Ledger’s performance as the Joker (which is one of the best performances of all time, no doubt) is worth going to see, even if you’re just watching the movie for him. I know that’s all I was watching it for! :laughing: Batman was annoying, his girlfriend even more so, and don’t get me started on Two Face… :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought it was a FANTASTIC film, and I just have one question, lizardgirl:

Why was Two-Face annoying to you? I thought Aaron Eckhart gave his best performance of all time, and the 2nd best performance in the film (after Leger’s geniosity!!!)

I went to see this film a few days before I went to Disney World and sadly after half the film there was a storm and the power went out. They gave us free tickets but at that theater everyone has to buy at least one thing so I’ve only seen half but this movie was great! Heath Ledger was fantastic. Christain Bale was good too. I will definetly rent or buy the DVD.

It was too great - perfect, even, that it was as if the director made a pact with the devil himself (a point made especially evident with all that’s going on with the cast of the film).

TS2- I thought he was pretty bad at acting, actually. :laughing: But that’s just my opinion. Also, his amazing resistance to pain just wasn’t believable. If I had half of my face burnt off, I’d be screaming in pain. He seemed okay with it all.

he did scream in pain. at the one part right after the wharehouse explosion when they cut the sound and showed him writhing in slow-mo.

It was FANTASTIC !! :open_mouth: It’s just so awesome you don’t even see the time past by…
Anyways, i just wanted to ask you if it was still in theaters in the US ? :smiley:

I love the movie, and it was fantastic and all … but I dislike all the ‘long-time’ Joker fans coming out of the woodwork. I loved the character of the Joker long before his Dark Knight portrayal. But that’s just me.

Though I can say some of the Youtube videos featuring kids dressed up as Heath’s character are pretty funny. :laughing:

I doubt it. I think it is out of the American theatres now.

Awesome film! Only thing I didn’t like was Bale, he was terrible in my opinion… and that voice :angry: he acted well in parts but in others he was very unconvincing. Ledger was awesome though.

That hospital scene is great, it’s so tense yet so utterly bizarre.

Wall-E was better though.