Big Hero 6

They won? Awesome!

Just out of curiosity, I checked who won it in previous years:

2014: Big Hero 6.
2013: Frozen
2012: Brave

A three year streak, nice!

If Rango hadn’t won it in 2011, it would haven been an 8 year streak.
According to the data I consulted, 2011 was the year Cars 2 came out and apparently, it wasn’t even one of the nominees.

As an aside, I notice Laika was also a nominee for some of the same years, but they never manage to win.
A pity about that, they do nice work, especially since they do stop motion which is incredibly demanding work.

Full list of the Awards
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Animated_Feature[/url]

I got the blu-ray yesterday!

I was so happy when I watched the Oscars and Big Hero 6 won. So happy that I screamed “YES!” and did a victory dance. My brother even came into my room just to tell me to calm down 8D

Can’t wait until the Blu Ray comes out in Germany, which is in June. I’m so getting it, as certain as Baymax is so lovable and adorable.

Do you own a Baymax plushie?
[url]shopDisney | Official Site for Disney Merchandise

It sounds like you need a huggable Baymax!

Still waiting for the DVD release in my country.
I think it is out at the end of this month.

I have a question for those who have seen it, and preferably also The Incredibles.

[spoil]I heard there is a fire in it, and with a fatality. Is that true? How bad is it? Would you recommend a person skipping it, for example, if they have trouble with the fire part in The Incredibles?[/spoil]

That’s what’s keeping me from watching it.

To answer your question:

[spoiler]More like a massive fiery explosion which is only seen from outside the building that gets destroyed.
But yes, it does cause a fatality.

I cannot say if that is a reason to avoid seeing the movie.[/spoiler]

[spoil]So there’s no interior footage during or after? If there isn’t, I might be more likely to watch it.[/spoil]

[spoiler]From memory, the most you see is the explosion sending Hiro flying away from the building as the blast wave hits him (he isn’t the one who dies).

There is a flashback later in the movie where you do see the explosion from the interior, but it’s focussed on the villian building a shield to protect themselves from the explosion.[/spoiler]

As everyone has stated,

There is a scene where there is a fire and a fatality. Along with a flashback of how one character was protected. While it doesn’t show the other character’s death, it does play a very essential role in the movie. So I’ll understand if you would like to skip it. But it’s a huge part of the movie

Saw this movie recently, and it was soooo good. There was something kind of off about it, I think the pacing felt a little awkward, but pretty much everything else was fantastic. I don’t think I’ve cried so much since WALL-E.

[spoiler]Maybe Disney should almost kill off robots more often. I was thinking in the back of my mind he was probably coming back, but for a moment there I was starting to seriously doubt it (my thoughts were something like “They already killed off the firefly, they might do it to someone likable this time!”). And I cried two other times, too.

Also, only other complaint: Who the villain was was incredibly predictable, especially after they started going after the one guy who was the more typical candidate.[/spoiler]

Villainess, I’m with you, Big Hero 6 just went to the punch too fast, and didn’t recover. Heck, I was almost expecting the villain to be [spoil]the billionaire’s secretary[/spoil] (which would have been a better twist imo). Not to say that the final scene wasn’t a tear jerker, but I’ll agree that the rest was really predictable.

I was expectig the villain to be [spoil]Abigail Callaghan[/spoil] when the video footage was discovered.

That’s why I thought the villain was wearing a mask, loose leather coat and never spoke, to disguise the fact they were female.
if it had been Abigail that is, which it was not.

I agree that the movie could’ve pulled its punch with the central conflict more strongly. But it’s still such a heartfelt and enjoyable film, so it’s hard for me to really criticize that. Hopefully if they do a sequel like I’ve heard is possible, they can develop the story some more.

I watched this movie recently, and I liked it. The characters’ design is nice, Baymax is super adorable. <3 I agree that the pacing seemed a little off, and I was a little disappointed about Hiro’s relationship with the team- I mean, they meet each other and become best friends almost instantly, during the montage. I know there probably wasn’t time for that, but it still bugged me a little. Other than that, a really enjoyable movie.

You do realize that montage was a superfast timelapse?
If you were to play it at normal speed, it would most likely be a month, maybe even two or three.
So I wouldn’t say they become friends instantly, it just looked like it.

Mind you, Honey, Wasabi and Fred warm up fast to new friends, so it’s not surprising they got involved fast.
In Honey’s case, it was literally that fast, she was gushing over Hiro the moment they met!

Oh yeah, I understand that, and it was quite believable. Perhaps I chose the wrong words - I wished they showed a bit more how their friendship developed. But it’s just me, i love seeing that kind of stuff. They formed a great team anyway, I’m not complaining much :smiley:

Honestly before I saw the movie I thought the villain [spoil](or at least the person in the mask, whether or not they were actually a villain was still up for debate)[/spoil] would be [spoil]Tadashi.[/spoil]

The movie was worth the Oscar.

Saw this movie a while ago. Very cool and adventurous! :smiley:

I loved this movie! I finally got a copy of it on combo pack for Christmas, and my favorite character is Baymax!