Big Hero 6

I really, really, hope those glasses show up when she’s not in the outfit, cause just literally a few days ago I was trying to think of Disney girls with glasses and all I could come up with was Edna Mode and Roz.

Apparently a full trailer will be coming this Tuesday! :mrgreen:

Heh…sorry for the old seizure-provoking gif :blush:

Oh heck yes! I can’t wait. Evry day, I get more and more excited about it.

TheSpaceSheriff: Oh goodness, put a seizure warning on that :open_mouth:

I like the look of the main cast a lot! They look diversified and it will be entertaining seeing their dynamic unfold :smiley:

Fixed the gif.

The full voice cast:

Hiro Hamada- Ryan Potter
Baymax- Scott Adsit
Fred- T.J. Miller
Go Go Tomago- Jamie Chung
Wasabi- Damon Wayans Jr.
Honey Lemon- Genesis Rodriguez
Aunt Cass- Maya Rudolph
Alistair Krei- Alan Tudyk
Professor Robert Callaghan- James Cromwell
Tadashi Hamada- Daniel Henney

Edit: I found a cool Baymax figure that is selling exclusively at Comic-con.

The downside is that it’s 6 inches and costs $30.

See this page:
[url]http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Honey_Lemon[/url]
Judging from the picture, which presumably shows her civilian identity, she does wear glasses.

I’m assuming she’s doing a Clark Kent though, as she doesn’t wear them in her superhero outfit.
And Honey Lemon isn’t her real name, it’s her supername.

Also, Honey Lemon is actually a biochemist, but nobody would hire her, so she had to take a job as a barista instead!
I found that very amusing that a genius has no better career options then to make coffee! 8D
Maybe she wears the glasses as an affectation to look like your typical stereotype of a scientist.
Since it’s theorized she uses colored contact lens and blonde hair dye, I’m assuming she’s not above wearing fake glasses as well.

Wow, they’ve really changed the Honey Lemon character on every way.

On the other hand, I’ve met the actress who does her voice.

How have they changed Honey Lemon? :confused:

Most of what I said is from the original version of her story, she hasn’t changed very much in the movie version.

It looks like they changed her civilian appearance a lot, based on this page:
[url]http://majorspoilers.com/2008/08/13/marvel-sneak-peek-big-hero-six-1/[/url]
Look at page 5 to see Honey Lemon in her civilian clothes (Gogo Tomago is there too).

I don’t see any glasses in that picture, so I’m assuming her comic book version doesn’t wear them.

I’m assuming they’re going with a power armor theme for this movie, which is the most radical shift for Honey Lemon, her superhero outfit from the comic doesn’t look like it provides any protection.
To me. it looks more like preppy rockstar then superheroine.

It looks like Baymax is better at disguising himself in those pages, he looks like an average human.
Well, if your idea of average is 7 feet tall and built like a brick wall! :unamused:
In the comic version, he had the ability to shapeshift to disguise his actual mechanical appearance, sometimes he looked like a humanoid dragon instead of a mechanoid.

Oh, yes, she’s very changed. Her appearance, outfit (both regular and the fact that she uses an armor), the glasses, the personality, and her backstory too (for what I can gather from the official character description) are quite different from the comic. More Disney friendly, I suppose.

Same goes for the other characters, really.

It’s here! I present to you, The Big Hero 6 trailer!! :mrgreen:

youtube.com/watch?v=bT8qmoCgxZg#t=85

Gotta say, I’m pretty impressed with it so far. I wish they could have shown Tadashi though.

By the way if you pause at 1:17, you’ll see a Hans wanted poster.

The Japanese trailer is also up. It actually shows Tadashi and the emotional effect his death had on Hiro. [url]- YouTube

It’s nice to finally see something other then the trailer we’ve been seeing for a while.

That policeman ought to be demoted to parking ticket inspector, if a kid shows up with actual evidence (a little robot attack bug in a jar) and you don’t pay attention, you really are bad at your job!

The japanese trailer has some interesting information, it looks like Baymax has his own bed and living space.
I’m not sure why he’d need those things, only organic beings need to lie down to sleep.
Realistically, he’d just sit down in a chair or stand against the wall, plug in his recharging cable and then go into “sleep mode”.
But maybe it’s Hiro treating him like a real person, by giving him his own stuff, he’s saying, you’re not just a machine.

And that’s another thing I never really bought, technology like Baymax would require a phenomenal amount of energy to charge, more then could be provided by 240 volts (standard household voltage load).
He’d either need to be running on a internal reactor or charging himself up from an actual reactor.

A helper mechanoid could run on battery power, but a superhero mechanoid could not.
The power demands of the amount of mechanical force he would need to exert, the jet rockets etc are quite high.

I’m also wondering what he looks like really.
Judging from the english trailer, the inflatable exterior is just padding, his actual body is underneath it.
He probably looks something like a Terminator if you were to remove it!
Although I don’t think he’d have a skull for a head, probably a round ball with eyes, microphones where the ears should be and a speaker in place of a mouth.

And here is a capture of the wanted posters:

I’d be very curious to read what Han’s poster says, but unless somebody manages to get the original poster artwork file, the image will never be clear enough to read properly.
It would have been extra funny if they’d put Stabbington Brothers and/or Flynn Rider (from Tangled) posters on the board too! 8D

And why do the people who make the trailers always feel the need to say “from the creators of X and Z”?
In this case, Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph.
I was going to see the movie anyway, that information doesn’t influence my choice.

What a nice trailer! As per normal with japanese trailers I like the way it focuses on the emotional undercurrent of the film. Nicely done.

I am also enthralled that Baymax likes cats. No, seriously, I already loved him but this just boosted it :laughing:

Saw the trailer. A little more excited about it. I had to watch it a 3rd time before I saw Prince Hans in there. In addition, great choice of music.

Here are the action figures for the characters. I can’t wait to get my hands on these guys: [url]Comic-Con: Big Hero 6 Action Figures Revealed - SuperHeroHype

The Japanese Pixar/Disney trailers are usually much better.

Very true. US marketing focuses on the family so it shows a lot of jokes and running gags early on which is pretty annoying.

I’m still sort of wondering what the emotional core of this movie will be. Hiro and Baymax’s friendship?? If so then that’s really cute! I’ll look forward to more.