Blue Sky Studios

Keeping in mind that I haven’t seen the second one, when I first saw the collection of posters up in my local cinema advertising the third one, I was shocked to see how many of the characters had managed to find ‘mates’. Manny, Scrat, they’re all getting it on with someone. And following that pattern, it made the last poster which had Sid and Diego next to each other, look as though it was implying that they’d found love as well! :laughing:

And the one-eyed weasel looks very, very strange indeed. Pegg’s alright as an actor, though he’s a bit samey, but I can see him doing well as a voice actor.

If anyone’s interested, Apple.com recenly posted a clip from the film:

apple.com/trailers/fox/iceag … _clip.html

I’ve watched it myself a few times, and I am glad to say that I don’t feel at all spoiled from viewing it.

I don’t think I’ll watch that clip, since my ‘scrubbing’ through the video revealed a fair bit to me, IMHO. But thanks for the link, Bill!

lizardgirl, ahahaha, WTH? :laughing: If you’ve seen the trailer, then I think it’s safe to tell you that I hope [spoil]Sid doesn’t end up with mommy dinosaur Shrek-style (Donkey x Dragon)![/spoil]

Haha, I think we’ve got a different set of posters, thedriveintheatre. I meant the love would be between Sid and Diego, not between any dinosaur. :laughing: Not that that makes the situation any better. :laughing:

I also thought I’d pass this along. Blue Sky’s sixth film, Rio, has been announced for an April 8, 2011 release from a recent press release:

blueskystudios.com/content/c … elease.php

I’m actually quite looking forward to this. Carlos will certainly do a good job of it.

I was just wondering earlier today what Blue Sky’s next movie will be. Thanks for the link, Bill! The plot sounds interesting and has a lot of potential. I’m excited to see what Carlos will do with Rio.

I like the idea of Rio. It sounds like Paulie meets Bolt. When was the last time we had a great animated South American adventure… oh wait. :smiley:

Has anyone noticed that Carlos has either directed or co-directed every Blue Sky movie ever made? :laughing: Oh, wait, except Horton. Guess he was too busy with Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs:neutral_face: I don’t really know what to expect from Rio, though. I’ll have to wait for more information. I also have a topic on it:

pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5144 :wink:

Here is a link I just came across that’s reasonably interesting about the studio:

nytimes.com/2010/01/11/busin … uesky.html

There is more to be found on their DVDs about this studio, but there are also some spoilers in this article about their upcoming movie in 2011: Rio. It’s not a really in-depth article, and Chris Wedge is barely mentioned and not even quoted! Nevertheless, it’s very current. I hope that “raising the bar” means at least approaching the quality of a DreamWorks picture!

The first teaser trailer for Rio has been released:

traileraddict.com/trailer/rio/trailer

I’ve seen the trailer for Rio, and I have to say I think it looks awesome, and I like the characters. The movements for them are very believable and one can never have enough birds, I love birds xD

I’ve seen all three Ice Age films and Robots, and I love them all. I haven’t seen any other work by them, so I really like them. Okay, I can’t resist making a list here. :slight_smile: As the number goes down, so does the quality.

1. PIXAR
  2. Walt Disney Animation Studios
  3. Blue Sky
  4. Studio Ghibli
  5. Universal Animation
  6. Anything else
  7. DreamWorks Animation :imp:

Pretty solid teaser. Might possibly be the first Blue Sky film I’ll actually like since the original Ice Age, although this film has George Lopez in it (I assume? The toucan sounds like him). I’m not that crazy for him.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, although I like Robots a lot.

What’s wrong with the Ice Age sequels? I think they’re an example of very few sequels(particularly animated) that I can bear to watch. I love Dawn of the Dinosaurs ; it’s just so funny (except that I hated Scrat’s girlfriend).

I like Blue Sky! Ice Age is my favorite non-Disney related animated movie. Horton Hears a Who! was really good as well. And I am excited for Rio. Parrots are my favorite birds, and I LOVE Brazil. It’s my dream to go to Rio de Janeiro someday. I enjoyed the trailer they released of Rio, execpt for George Lopez being in it. I’m not the biggest Georgie L. fan.

Robots was okay; it had some pretty stellar visuals. Ice Age 2 was okay at best, but mostly meh.
Horton was obnoxious, though that might just be because some stupid family wouldn’t take their crying baby out of the fracking theater. It was not a fun experience, at all.
I also hate the 2D “anime daydream” scene.

Yes. Horton Hears a Who! was really annoying, and is probably Blue Sky’s worst original movie. Ice Age 2 was alright, and the third is okay.

Well, I haven’t seen Horton Hears a Who!, but if you’re comparing it in a Dr. Suess sense and not Blue Sky, you’ll probably admit that it’s way better and more faithful than that live-action Cat in the Hat.

I’ll give you that, however, the Chuck Jones How the Grinch Stole Christmas special is still the best Dr. Suess animation by far.