Bob and Helen fanfics

Does anybody else notice that there are practically no Helen/Bob fanfics out there. :`-(

There are some, but they suck. They involve adultery, changes in the original character’s personalities, and they’re almost always depressing to me. My almost resolved disdain for Frozone and Mirage was partially caused by anti Helen/Bob fics. :frowning:

There are some out there. I’ve read a couple of good and a few intriguing ones. But the popular characters for fandome are Violet and Syndrome.

I never go to fanfiction.net anymore because this gave me 6 month’s worth of night mares :frowning:

fanfiction.net/s/4832675/1/T … Elastigirl

I’ll admit FF.net does offer wierd stories, but I still go there because it is the official place for fanfictioning stories.

Separating canon couples(especially ones I love) is wrong! I’m so scared by some peoples’ imaginations…:frowning:

Well, you might think it’s wrong, but it’s somebody’s own imagination. If they feel they want to write a fanfic separating Bob and Helen, then let them. It’s their idea, it’s their right too. You don’t have to like it though.

OMG!! I found that same story and it gave me nightmares but at the same time made me incredibly angry. :imp:

You are right people do have the right to write those things but I was upset at the fact that it was extremely dirty and gross. I still go on fanfiction though, all the time actually. :slight_smile: 2 of my favorites about Bob and Helen that I read were called Strong Enough and another one called Now, Mrs. Incredible. Those stories were really cute. <3

Yeah. It’s gross, it makes me sick, and I couldn’t sleep for a week. :frowning:

IV, I just read the fanfic you posted…

So disturbing.

Yes, and disguistingand heart wrenching… :frowning:

I tohught it was an interesting story. I didn’t like it, but it was unique in its own right. Creepy, akward, but unique.

I like the idea of Helen and Lucius dating before she met Bob. Is that canon or just this author’s idea?

I think it’s just the author’s idea. it is a fanfic after all.

Yes but if they had dated then Bob would have violated an important rule, Dont date your friends ex’s. :wink:

Ahh! Very true. That is in the Bro Code somewhere.

It sure is! :-D)

The Bro Code 8D

I too noticed the lack of Bob/Helen fanfics…kinda sad, since there are so many places potential fanfic writers can go with the characters. But TSS is right, Violet is the most popular character to write about, followed by Syndrome, with Dash coming a distant third. When it comes to fanfics, I like pretty much anything, as long as it’s well written. I can’t stand it when fanfics have terrible grammar, or are rife with spelling mistakes. If you’re serious about your work, you should at least take the time to proofread what you wrote. By the way Virginia, I read that fanfic you posted a few months ago, and while it wasn’t as sloppily written as some others I’ve read, I didn’t really enjoy it. There wasn’t much plot at all, it seemed like any meaningful conversation was just filler.

FYI, I’m not all anti-canon here. Bob/Mirage weirds me out, and I’ve never even heard of Helen/Frozone. Guess I just haven’t been looking hard enough. I don’t like Mirage much anyway unless she’s in Syndrome/Mirage.

A nice good Bob/Helen fic would be pretty cool, seeing as how most fics I read have them involved as either a very minor pairing with little interaction, a minor pairing that ends up fighting all the time, or a major one that separated. Hmm.

I always try to keep them together in my fics, because the conflict between Helen and Bob pretty much resolved at the end of the movie, and I don’t think they’d want to put their kids through a divorce anyway. Especially not with Mirage as a stepmom. That would just bring back bad memories for all of them. -shudders-