Books

Mom gave me a new book to read…it’s called Grayson: about a swimmer who must help a baby whale find its mother off the coast of California. It’s very interesting to me, actually–although I haven’t quite started reading it yet…

Just picked up The Fault in Our Stars. I’ve heard it was pretty good and I love John Green, so let’s give it a try. The movie coming out in June helps motivate me too.

TFIOS UPDATE: it’s like really good and stuff.

I’m just wondering, has anyone read the Divergent book series? I have and I love it so much. And is anyone excited for the film? I am!

Has anyone here ever heard of Temple Grandin? My mom just borrowed one of her books from the downtown Mansfield library, and it’s called The Autistic Brain.

This is a book I’ve been wanting to read. I’ve actually never read anything by John Green.

As a history major, I do a lot of reading. I had around 20 books to read this quarter alone. My favorites were: The Beast Within, The Leopard, and If He Hollers Let Him Go.

I finished The Selection a few days ago. And I finished the second book in the series which is called The Elite yesterday. And I love the series! I have a major crush on Prince Maxon. Hehe! I definitely recommend this eries to anyone that likes YA,romance and Teen books. It reminds me of the tv show The Bachelor.

I really would like to get a copy of Creativity Inc…and then read it.

Books that I have read this summer so far:

*How the Garcia Girls lost their Accents
*America Again: Re-Becoming the Greatest we Never Weren’t (by Stephen Colbert)
*America’s Hidden History
*Jumbo: The Greatest Elephant in the World

Currently Reading:
*And the Pursuit of Happiness

Oh me gosh, that’s like a Dumbo reference right there! (Because that was his mother’s name…)

Actually, it’s the other way around.

Finally got around to reading Creativity Inc…Whoo-hoo!

I have read too many books to count since I last logged on! That’s the life of a history major. For each 10 week quarter period, I have to read between 10 to 20 books.

I recently finished The Heir by Kiera Cass! I absolutely love The Selection series. I also recently got a kindle, so thats exciting! :smiley:

^I’ve never heard of that author or book! Also awesome on the Kindle!

I’m currently reading In Search of Mary: The Woman and the Symbol by Sally Cunneen. It’s about the history of the Virgin Mary.

A new book in The Edge Chronicles series came out! I need to order that. And re-read the book before it, probably. :slight_smile:

Some of my favorite Pixar books are The Pixar Treasures, Toy Story: The Art and Making of the Animated Film, and Toy Story: The Sketchbook Series (an incredibly rare Toy Story book featuring sketches of characters from Toy Story 1 and 2).

Some of my favorite non-Pixar books are James And The Giant Peach, The Maze Runner series, the Gone series, The Giver, Hatchet, and Michael Vey (I’ve only read the first book and part of book 2). I’ve read The Hunger Games trilogy and kinda liked it, but at the same time didn’t really get into it. Are any of the Harry Potter books any good? I need a new series to read and I might want to try Harry Potter.

Watching the English: the Hidden Rules of English Behavior by Kate Fox

My mom got Go Set a Watchmen the To Kill A Mockingbird sequel. I’m interested in it. I loved the original book so I’d like to read this one too.

Zappa by Bille August