Boo's Name

Turns out she doesn’t have one!

I always thought that was the case, fans just slapped the name one. Just like with Prince ‘Adam’ from Beauty and the Beast.

It was more of a case they used one of Mary’s pictures in the movie-and she has the name ‘Mary’ on it.

Ergo she’s pretty much been ‘Mary’ since then.

I think her real name is officially Mary, because why would she have the name Mary written on her picture if it wasn’t her name?

Wonder if were ever find out.

I always thought that Boo’s name was Mary since the actress that was the actress’ name who played her. Something I always wondered was how Sulley came up with the name Boo.

I always figured her unofficial name was Mary for the same reasons. The name Mary was written on the drawing, and the girl voicing her was named Mary

he came up with the name because she would always come out of nowhere and say “boo!”. And i thought that her name was Mary.

I guess that makes sense. I hadn’t watched Monsters Inc in a while so I must of forgot.

Yes, notably in the sushi sequence.

He probably names her after that.

I think I once read even Pixar dosne’t know.

I thought that in the commentary they said Boo’s real name was Mary Gibbs, because that’s the name of the actress who played her.

I remember reading it somewhere that they conformed it. Maybe it was a dream.

I always thought the unofficial name was Mary.