Brad Bird's Next Film: "1952" [Dec 2014]

Well, for those of you here waiting for Brad Bird to come back to animation, you’ll have to wait a bit longer. After his successful “MI4: Ghost Protocol” for Paramount, Walt Disney just announced that Brad Bird will direct for them a science-fiction film called “1952” with George Clooney, scheduled for release in December, 2014. This is to be produced in-house by Disney (as opposed to being produced by the Pixar or Marvel divisions). I’m not sure what the movie is about, but I’m sure information will get released over the coming months.

More power to him. I’ve liked everything’s he’s directed since Iron Giant, regardless of genre.

(As just a side-note, I wonder if his “1906” will ever get made. I believe that was being developed at Warners).

I hope it’s a period drama, probably with scumbag gangsters, hardboiled detectives, and steamy damsels! He’s shown he can do action movies like The Incredibles and Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.

Last I heard, 1906 was put on the shelf. It’s interesting because when I saw the title for 1952, I thought of 1906!

And wow, he’s working with George Clooney? I can’t wait!

Sounds interesting enough!