Brave: New Pixar Film?

Interesting, but yes, I’ll go with the consensus that it’s a code name for The Bear and The Bow. It’s funny that Pete Docter didn’t explain what he meant when he said it, but Pixar are known for being secretive.

it does sound like a short that Pixar would probably make…
and i do agree with Mongoose as well. It would be along side with Toy Story 3.

It has to be a short. Mr. Docter wouldn’t give a film title that easily.

If it’s anything it is the short before TS3.

Rumor defunct.
Apparently it was just a codename for The Bear and the Bow. Sorry for the commotion. :slight_smile:

Where did you find this out?

Maybe he really said “Bear” as a shortened way of saying “The Bear and the Bow” and they misheard it as “Brave”…

Which for me begs the question, why do they need a codename for a movie we already know the title of? Is that to throw off people who arent paying attention? Or was it an old codename used before the title was made known that just slipped out?

^ Doesn’t Cars 2 come out before The Bear and the Bow, though?

I predict that the first film after Newt will be Brave, and then we’ll see Monsters, Inc. 2.

I got confirmation a few days ago that Brave is NOT a short, a new film, or a new title for BATB. It is just the studio codename/working title.

My source was my tour guide at my visit to the computer science department at RIT. He had done his one of his required internships (They call it a co-op) at Pixar, and Pixar asked him to stay for a while, so he completed his full time requirement there, graduates this year and is headed back to Pixar. (At least, that’s what I remember. I was slightly in shock at my first meeting of a Pixar employee, especially where I least expected it!) Anyway, he happened to be wearing a shirt that said BRAVE on it somewhere in the BATB font, so once I figured out he worked at Pixar I asked him about it, and he said it was just the working title. The shirt was the official BATB T-shirt too!! It’s gray and has three black and blue bears on the front and they have what looks like pink jelly or something on their faces. The back, as far as I remember is a shield in a corner that says brave, and something else I forgot. I didn’t get any new information, obviously, since he can’t talk about it, but he said it’s going to be good. I personally can’t wait now!

(edited for spelling errors)

Thanks for the information, Sarah. Brave would have been an okay title, but just perhaps a bit too generic, so I’m pleased to hear they’ve stuck with The Bear and the Bow.

Sarah - that is so cool! Could you possibly describe the shirt in even more detail (the bears in particular), or do a rough sketch of it?

I prefer The Bear and the Bow, but Brave would have been fine as well.
I’d rather see Rapunzel get its original title back, though. The change to “Tangled” wasn’t one of the brighter ideas.

And Sarah, some additonal info on that shirt would really be nice.
Pixar have done some amazing Cast & Crew shirts in the past (“something has survived” and “some assembly required” for TS3 for example) - I’d love to get a look at the new one.

Well, I could give it a shot, but be forewarned I have NO drawing skills. xD I also only remember it fuzzily, as my attention was directed towards the college visit, but I guess I can try.

Here ya go - this is what I remember!

Hmm, I wonder what the stuff around the bear’s mouth is? Interesting. Thanks for doing that for us, Sarah.

Interesting… Thanks Sarah!

That’s interesting, Sarah. In my opinion, Brave is a better title, because Pixar’s longest title is only 11 letters long, and it’s last 4 films have only had one word, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL-E & Up. But tBatB is still a great name.

I am a little disappointed that this was pushed back a year- I was looking forward to it next year!

I really hope Brave is a working title (like The Dark Knight’s ‘Rory’s First Kiss’!) and not the final theatrical one. I much preferred ‘The Bear and the Bow’, cos’ it sums up the plot, and has the classic ‘fairy-tale’ sensibility to it. ‘Brave’ sounds like a M. Night Shyamalan-directed, starring-Bruce-Willis kinda movie. :frowning:

Sarah - Wow, thanks for your production T-shirt sketches! Maybe the bears grow pink facial hair? :laughing: