Brave Rip-off. BEWARE.

This is a mockbuster but this movie is roughly a year old. They must of thrown this together after seeing the teaser for Brave.

I watched the entire movie at midnight last night for a sleepover. It put me in hysterics at times but really ragged on at the end.

The only things remotely baring resemblance to Brave is the heroine’s design and the movie title. It’s more or less about a kid named Super Cloud with (psychic?) powers to control wind and other elements. Think bending from Avatar. And he unites a bunch of kids including Kiara to defeat some demonic force near the end. Or so I thought was happening—we paid more attention to syncing up music to the movie than actually watching it.

:laughing:

Wow, the animation is bad, Lol. And what’s up with them flying like Superman at the end of the trailer?

[url]Kiara the Brave - Official Trailer - YouTube

I can’t even watch the trailer as it’s blocked where I am.

All I can say is wow. Even the title card looks like a carbon copy.

Yep. But really, apart from that…it’s…well, it’s its own, erm, unique creation… 8D

Another one!

How these companies manage to get away with things like this is beyond me… :confused:

Goddamn, they even stole the logo interface and added an “R” on the end. If that’s not a rip-off, I don’t know what is.

Please, PLEASE let that be the result of Photoshop and merely a prank… :~o

Indeed. The titles and heroines are close enough, but I’m astounded by them taking/modifying the logo too.

Sorry…but it is real. :frowning:

Good to see you around, JSWeC! :slight_smile: And I’m really curious to watch this rip-off just for the heck of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed! A little digging yields the possible identity of the perpetrators:

brightsparkltd.com/casestudies.htm

Interestingly, according to the following source, the DVD distribution was pulled:

dvd-subtitles.com/distributors/b … tml?page=2

It doesn’t appear that usual suspects Video Brinquedo or Spark Plug Entertainment made Braver. Assuming that Brightspark did indeed make this mockbuster–it’s possible they only distribute it in the UK–it’s fair that they would have to pull it based on that logo ripoff.

I think you’d have a lot of fun ripping it apart. I watched the whole thing and there are certainly some…interesting scenes. Like dragons rapping out of nowhere even though there is no other form of singing to be found in the movie :stuck_out_tongue:

Leirin: Do you know what “studio” made Braver? Just curious…

Oh, I was referring to Kiara! Braver is a mystery to me, unfortunately…

^ Ah, so. I think Kiara the Brave was a project from India. One day a clue will lead to the identity of Braver’s maker. Inquiring minds want to know!

Here’s an interesting perspective on the mockbusters:

articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/24 … s-20120624

From the article: “For the money, I think we’re providing exceptional quality,” said Robert Hanna, the director, co-writer, composer and editor of “Life’s a Jungle [Africa’s Most Wanted],” which was made by 30 people in 13 months for less than $400,000. “It’s for little kids, not people who are going to judge the quality of the fur compared to a Pixar movie.”

Ah yes, I recall reading that article in the papers before I went to see Brave (the papers! You can’t get any more primitive than that these days. :nerd: ). Pretty interesting.

You think that’s bad, you should see a terrible scene in Spider’s Web: A Pig’s Tale when a boat blows up and the pig flies away. So ridiculous I can’t even explain. Just watch it at 1:15.

youtube.com/watch?v=jd_LHc54yOU

Holy crap, the animation is so bad that even that seen in Pixar’s 80s shorts put it to shame. These rip-offs have very little effort put into them.

I’m sorry, but this quote:

makes it really hard for me to take whoever said this seriously. I can’t explain why it annoys me, but it does. I basically read this as; ‘It’s for kids, so we put no effort in it!’ Perhaps even accompanied by an clichéd evil villain laugh.

I’m overreacting a bit, but this is just another pet peeve of mine.