BURN-E

I love this short! It’s hilarious! :smiley:

My suggestion, this short is for those who have already watched WALL-E. You’d probably not understand it if you haven’t watched the movie. [spoil]The short contains spoilers (scenes from WALL-E).[/spoil]

@Killer123: I agree that you should watch WALL-E first before watching this.

[spoil]I love the use of the classical piece Ode To Joy and also BURN-E humming it. It’s so cute! I really love the ending, when SUPPLY-R says There There to BURN-E[/spoil]

I finally saw this short! I’d have to agree that you should watch WALL•E first before this, as I think it ties in with the movie quite nicely. The scenes from the movie incorporated into the short just really added to the overall feel and made it that much more familiar and enjoyable. It was hilarious and it seemed so much like Pixar from start to finish. Great short. One of the best yet! :slight_smile:

BURN•E would have to be placed in my top 3 Pixar short films ever!

My favourite parts were when [spoil]BURN•E is standing in front of SUPPLY•R and he can’t even bring himself to look at SUPPLY•R because he is so embarrassed. And when he’s reaching for the button to turn the light back on, and it’s shown in slo-mo.[/spoil] But all of it is great.

BURN•E is just so CUTE, though! Probably on par with M-O or even WALL•E, especially when [spoil]he sighs after he is locked out, and when he says “Hello…?” and “Wa-wa-wa-wa-wawawawawawawa!” when trying to get in via the garbage disposal on the ship.[/spoil] <3

The music reminds me of Star Wars, or something by John Williams. It’s just got this fun, classic feel to it. The score is one of the reasons why, to me, it has that movie feel, rather than a short film feel. Here’s to hoping that J.A.C. Redford will compose the music for Angus MacLane’s eventual feature film because I love the music as [spoil]BURN•E is going through the hallways[/spoil], and just all of it, really.

A very funny and entertaining Pixar short - one of Pixar’s best. =D

Did anyone notice…

[spoil]- the reference to the beginning of Toy Story 2, same green font against the starry background.

• they didn’t have a title card - this breaks Pixar’s tradition of having a logo before every short!
  • the 2001 reference.
  • when BURN•E turns around and accidentally cuts the spire in half, that sound is a lightsaber, I’m pretty sure.
  • The little air pump thing he does after getting back into the ship.[/spoil]

Ooh, I completely missed that there was [spoil]no title card at the beginning! I hadn’t realised that at all.[/spoil] Nice catch, Rachel!

Even though lizardgirl already mentioned this, I only just realised that the reason why [spoil]the asteroid formed was because of WALL•E touching the rings of Saturn. Also, I love BURN•E’s manic laugh after finally installing the spire correctly, and at the final scene (the one after the credits) when all the robots are standing (hovering) around chatting to each other, I just find that hilarious how they have their own social structure going on.[/spoil] 8D

The minimalist approach to the facial expressions, which are actually because of the nature of the robots’ design, works in its favour, and is really what makes this short have a classic feel. One of my fav expressions is the [spoil]squint and “…heh” after he hears a noise behind him.[/spoil] On second thought, the score sounds more like Randy Newman, but it’s still great.

It’s too bad BURN•E can’t be nominated for a BASF Oscar since it wasn’t a theatrical release… right?

Yep, or something along those lines of mega frustration.

Now that I’ve finally seen it, I can finally comment on it! I loved it! I laughed, I cried. Honestly, I felt bad since everything was going wrong and he was only trying to do his job and it wasnt all his fault. But it was so sad it was funny, if you know what I mean. I love the end where [spoil]he shoots his ‘arms’ up in the air in victory once he gets the light to work, only to have it knocked out again.[/spoil]

Just saw it…hilarious! I found BURN-E so lovable! I love how he expressed his emotions in how he spoke [spoil]like “hey” “uh-oh” “hello?!” and " whoo-hoo!" and how he hummed Ode to Joy was adorable![/spoil] I also liked how after the end credits, [spoil]SUPPLI-R pats him on the head and goes, “There, there”. [/spoil] LOL

I finally saw it - thought it to be a waste of time during the first minute or so, but it proved worthwhile. I thought it was cute. :smiley:

I really hate that they make up all these silly cutesy names for DVD menus - it’s bad enough that I’m normally a very confused person! :laughing: I spent a while on disc 2 before I realized : it’s not there. :stuck_out_tongue:

I also finally saw this short. It was OK. The art and landscaping created in this (and WALL-E) is completely incredible. Th plt was good. Im just for a fan of head on humor. :slight_smile:

One of the funniest parts of BURN-E for me was when [spoil]he was in the escape pod and it shot out but then almost immediately fell straight to the ground!! :laughing:[/spoil] [/spoil]

Yeah, the pat on the head by SUPPLY-R after the credits is funny. I didn’t see that until recently, I’d always turned it off before then… doh!

This is my favorite Pixar short that is based on a feature movie. I really enjoyed to see his side of the story.

Yes, I love it when they do that. BURN-E was SO funny. :smiley:

I felt SO sorry for this little fella during the course of this movie :laughing: . Especially at the end when he FINALLY fixes the light, only for it to be broken again. It really took him most of the movie to get it fix XD . Sympathies for him again. Other than “For the Birds”, this one is my favorite.

Ha, I was bored, so I read all eight pages of this thread. It was so interesting to read posts from 2 years ago, speculating what the outcome of the movie would be!

Can anyone pull up a video of BURN-E? I can’t seem to find it!

nevermind that last post. I found it, and it was funny how he was so desperate to get that light fixed, even when they flew back to earth! But, i’m wondering, the clip was 7 and a Half Minutes long, and all that was fit into 1 Hour and 30 Minutes??? I don’t think it takes Burn-E that long to get another light rod and back?

I loved to see a story from a viewpoint of who looked like a throwaway character in the movie. This short is funny, and BURN-E is adorable with his gestures and habits, like humming Ode to Joy while working :smiley: Oh, and I didn’t see the scene after credits for a long time. It liked it :laughing:

Even if it gets done a lot, I love seeing stories from another character’s perspective, so I really enjoyed this short. And how worked up he gets 8D