Can you rank all 50 Disney animated features?

It’s so good! You should rewatch it Geoff.

Maybe I should. Problem is I’m not into Disney/Pixar flicks right now as I’m too busy exploring films of the more “mature” age range that include sci-fi, action, horror and even thriller. I’d be interested in giving it another look though.

The Great Mouse Detective is an underrated Disney film, I defintely recommend it.

Oh yeah, The Great Mouse Detective is a good movie. I barely saw it for the first time about two months ago, love the detective element of it. Both Basil and Ratigan are very good and charismatic characters. Oh yeah, and IV, I have now seen Atlantis :smiley: . I like it, but I think I might to give it an extra try because I feel like I missed out on something. I think it’s because I was all alone when I saw it and I didn’t have the volume turned up that loud. Sometimes watching it with others help, that’s how my appreciation for The Princess and the Frog recently increased, for example. So I’ll watch it again soon and hopefully I’ll like it even more!

I remember The Great Mouse Detective. The Big Ben climax scene was pretty innovative for its time as it showcased how the use of computer animation could take the medium to new heights.

Back then I thought the animation looked more traditional. Looking back though, it would have been too complex.

I’m currently writing an article about Top 10 Favorite Disney films. Stay tuned, I’ll post a link here when I’m done!

I’d be happy to read it. :slight_smile:

Thank you Geoff! I’m exactly half way finished with it, actually.

I’m sure it will be well worth a read. I’m interested to see what you will say!

I couldn’t do that. I would have several ties. 8D

I’ll just transfer the rankings I had on my blog from a few months ago onto here.

1. Pinocchio
  2. Beauty and the Beast
  3. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
  4. Dumbo
  5. The Lion King
  6. Fantasia
  7. Aladdin
  8. Cinderella
    9.The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  9. The Little Mermaid
  10. 101 Dalmatians
  11. Wreck-It Ralph
  12. Sleeping Beauty
  13. The Princess and the Frog
  14. Bambi
  15. Winnie the Pooh
  16. Tarzan
  17. The Jungle Book
  18. Tangled
  19. Lady and the Tramp
  20. Mulan
  21. The Rescuers
  22. Alice in Wonderland
  23. Peter Pan
  24. Hercules
  25. The Emperor’s New Groove
  26. Fantasia 2000
  27. Lilo and Stitch
  28. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  29. Bolt
  30. Ichabod and Mr. Toad
  31. The Three Caballeros
  32. Treasure Planet
  33. Saludos Amigos
  34. The Great Mouse Detective
  35. The Aristocats
  36. Make Mine Music
  37. The Rescuers Down Under
  38. The Black Cauldron
  39. Atlantis
  40. Meet the Robinsons
  41. Pocahontas
  42. Brother Bear
  43. Melody Time
  44. Fun and Fancy Fee
  45. Fox and the Hound
  46. The Sword in the Stone
  47. Dinosaur
  48. Oliver and Company
  49. Robin Hood
  50. Home on the Range
  51. Chicken Little

^I’m glad to see Pinocchio at the top spot, it is definitely worth to be called the greatest Disney film. (it’s just a bit beneath that on my list)

Me too! I love Pinocchio. It’s one of those more overshadowed films, but I thought it was very well made. I agree with EJE that it deserves to be called the greatest Disney film. I actually don’t necessarily disagree with any of your list, Ballboi. It’s very good! :smiley:

Wow Ballboi! Impressive list.

Well, I could never make a list like that without ties, because it’s simply impossible.

But I do think Pinocchio is one of the best. Pretty much a flawless film.

Yes. Once I see a couple more films, I’ll consider an update. With me, films within five to ten spots apart from each other could sometimes basically all rank the same for me. I mostly group them together between my top favorites, then other excellent ones, then other good ones, then okay ones, and finally the sub-par level.

I am enjoying all this Pinocchio love! Like LQ says, it’s overshadowed. It’s an undeniable classic to film students and enthusiasts. But besides that, I feel people in general don’t really consider it often, which is a shame.

As I wrote about on my facebook earlier, it’s also Disney’s most terrifying film as well.

I honestly only remember a few highlights from Pinocchio. However, the other day, we watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and my God, the toymaker looks just like Gepetto! I wonder if it was intentional.

I’ve seen almost all of them by now. I only need to see Bambi, Robin Hood, The Black Cauldron, and the six back-to-back package films. However, there are several I saw once but I need to re-watch. Like, I don’t think I saw all of Fantasia, and I think I missed the last few minutes of The Sword in the Stone. Also, I’ve only seen One Hundred and One Dalmatians on TV.

While I haven’t seen those six package films, I have seen “Mickey and the Beanstalk” from Fun and Fancy Free and “Wind in the Willows” from The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.