Can you rank all 50 Disney animated features?

I agree. I like the weird ones better, sometimes.

I know this is not the same, but it’s the best I can do. My top 10 Disney movies, in no certain order. (Hey, it’s 20%!)

*The Lion King
*The Three Caballeros
*The Princess and the Frog
*Lady and the Tramp
*Cinderella
*Tangled
*Brother Bear
*Pocahontas
*Tarzan
*Lilo and Stitch

And here’s my bottom 10

*Bambi
*Dinosaur
*Bolt
*Atlantis: The Lost Empire
*The Rescuers
*The Black Cauldron
*Make Mine Music
*Melody Time
*Meet the Robinsons
*The Rescuers Down Under

Was Dinosaurs that bad? I remembered it being good. Granted, I was 7. 8D

I’m surprised to see Bambi so low on some people’s lists. I thought everyone loved that movie.

I’ll just rank the ones I’ve seen or vaguely remember seeing:
1 The Lion King
2 Beauty and the Beast
3 Pinocchio
4 Aladdin
5 101 Dalmatians
6 Lady and the Tramp
7 Mulan
8 Cinderella
9 The Princess and the Frog
10 The Hunchback of Notre Dame
11 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
12 The Great Mouse Detective
13 Tarzan
14 The Emperor’s New Groove
15 Bambi
16 The Little Mermaid
17 The Jungle Book
18 The Rescuers Down Under
19 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
20 Peter Pan
21 Hercules
22 Fantasia
23 The Black Cauldron
24 The Fox and the Hound
25 Treasure Planet
26 Robin Hood
27 The Sword in the Stone
28 Alice in Wonderland
29 The Rescuers
30 Tangled
31 The Aristocats
32 Dinosaur
33 Sleeping Beauty
34 Oliver & Company
35 Lilo & Stitch

I always forget that it is a Disney movie, lol.

I remember liking it too, but I too was very young when I saw it. My best friend apparently watched it constantly when she was little, and it infuriated her siblings. 8D

I love your list, tribefan!! :smiley:

Thanks. I may have accidentally listed Princess and the Frog a bit too high, though. It’s more in the mid-range for me.

I just recently watched Bambi, and 65+ years on, I certainly can understand how people these days may view it as pretty thin compared to later Disney and Pixar. The way I see it, there’s a great film in there that’s held back by the limitations of animation at the time. I wish more attention had been placed on the love story as that was the closest thing to a plot the movie had. After WALL-E I wouldn’t be opposed to Pixar doing a revisionist take on the story giving Faline a bigger role.

I love the animation of Bambi. Very classic, and I like that. But I just can’t stand the story or music.

Right, the story as it’s presented is very old-fashioned; especially the “twitterpating” scene. If there’s any Disney classic that begs for a remake, it’s Bambi.

No remake, please!! I may not like it, but as Filmore would say “Respect the classics, man!”

A remake isn’t a show of disrespect, and they don’t tarnish the legacy of the original whether they’re good or bad. I still love the Disney Pinocchio even after watching that godawful Roberto Benigni version, and considering how many times the other fairy tales have been remade and reimagined, I don’t see what makes Bambi so untouchable.

I just think the bare bones of the story are so much in line with Pixar’s usual themes that they could update the story to give it more depth and appeal to today’s audience while still retaining the heart and, if you’ll forgive the phrase, cuteness that made the original so beloved.

I know I’m treading way off topic here, but I needed to find a way to say this as it’s been burning in my mind since I watched it. :slight_smile:

I don’t even remember the songs. I forgot it had any. :blush:

Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-WwwhhaaaAAAAATTTTTT?
But sewiously, why’s Bambi so low down?

It’s pretty low for a lot of people on Pixar Planet. including me

I have a complex with movies where the mother is introduced, named, endeared to us, and then killed. It will likely never be higher on my list, unless Disney makes another Chicken Little-esque poop load. I would say I’m sorry, but I’m not. I despise Bambi. I really do, no matter how great r classic it is.

I’m working on one but on the ones I’ve seen sort of recently seen. I’ll edit and update the list on this post (possibly).
EDIT: Here’s my list for the moment. This could easily change and this is just on movies I’ve seen recently or not too far back. This will (hopefully) be updated with more movies.
15. Robin Hood
14. Oliver & Company
13. Melody Time
12. Bolt
11. Meet the Robinsons
10. The Princess and the Frog
9. The Aristocats
8. Cinderella
7. The Little Mermaid
6. The Great Mouse Detective
5. Bambi
4. Pinocchio
3. Fantasia
2. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

1. Alice in Wonderland

The Little Mermaid has one of the worst Disney songs of all time: “Kiss the Girl.” I usually do not approve of Disney pop stars “redoing” classic Disney songs, but in this case, Ashley Tisdale made this song go from being a terrible one to aa wonderful one.

1. Dinosaur (this movie doesn’t DESERVE to be called “animated,” it looks too much like live-action.)
  2. The Black Cauldron
  3. Meet the Robinsons
  4. Chicken Little
  5. Home on the Range
  6. The Princess and the Frog
  7. Fantasia 2000
  8. Make Mine Music
  9. Saludos Amigos
  10. Melody Time
  11. Fun and Fancy Free
  12. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
  13. Fantasia
  14. Treasure Plaanet
  15. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  16. The Three Caballeros
  17. The Emperor’s New Groove
  18. The Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh
  19. Alice in Wonderland (the only reason this movie is here instead of somewhere above is that there’s a beautiful scene with an owl made of glasses and a dog with the bristles of a broom for a muzzle and tail…other than that scene the movie was garbage)
  20. Lilo & Stitch
  21. Tarzan
  22. Robin Hood
  23. Mulan (I used to watch this movie a LOT, but now that I know how adult it is…ugh)
  24. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
  25. Brother Bear
  26. Bolt
  27. Aladdin (here because it has great songs, and genie is awesome, and Jafar is a neat Disney villian, and who doesn’t love Iago or Magic Carpet? But in terms of plot, this movie is nothing more than a story of a street person who has to steal to live and lies to a princess and ends up marrying her anyway)
  28. Pinnochio (lovely, but the whole business with Pleasure Island was nasty)
  29. Cinderella
  30. The Rescuers Down Under (I have not seen this in years, and all the movie rental places near me have closed except Blockbuster, which wouldn’t still have a movie as old as this one. I remember a alittle boy, a giant rattlesnake who liked eating eggs, a giant white bird the boy flew on, and some hunter guy who was friends with the rattlesnake. I do remember liking it, so here it is.

Twenty more to go, and I think we’ll have only tough ones left. Let’s find out where every one falls in my rankings:

1. The Sword in the Stone

2. The Jungle Book (I love Kaa and Bagheera and King Louie and Baloo…lack of female roles, though)

3. Dumbo (yay, flying elephants!)

4. Hercules (oh, I used to watch this a LOT, probably only watched Toy Story more than Hercules)

5. Bambi (it is nice, but a little slow…still, I do like Thumper and Flower and I LOVE the Twitterpated stuff and the part where the animals fall in love. Also the April showers song is sweet.)

6. Lady and the Tramp (this was the first Disney VHS my parents got for the family, back in the late 80’s, I think. it has parts where it is slow of action, but it has great characters and songs and I needed something to watch one day and I chose this…so here it is.)

7. The Lion King (while I have not watched this film in years, and would probably rank it higher if I watched it again, I feel this is the best place for it at the current time. I do think it is awesome, and Timon, Pumbaa, Rafiki are all great supporting characters. What I do not like is Scar’s song and how Scar dies. Anytime a villian dies by being eaten, I am disgusted.)

8. Peter Pan (fun and with awesome songs, and Wendy getting jealous at Peter, and a great villain in the form of Captain Hook, it deviates from the book in many ways…and Wendy’s father is as annoying as heck. I also dislike that they are trying to force Wendy to grow up. But overall, good film)

9. Sleeping Beauty (almost a joke of a classic fairy tale, the joke is a funny and worthwhile one to watch. Also has the best magical villian of all Disney animated films. One of the best parts is when Maleficent is mocking Phillip with the actually Briar Rose story that the movie is based off of, saying, “In a hundred years, when you are old and haggard…” or something along those lines, and it shows Phillip as an old man, riding an aged horse into the kingdom to kiss the still sixteen-year-old Aurora, and the horse is moving slowly because it is so old. I once called a girl “Maleficent” because I felt she was cruel to me, and she didn’t know who Maleficent was.)

10. The Little Mermaid (ONE great song, “Part of Your World,” plus a few terrible songs. I love the fact that its a story about a mermaid…I will watch anything with mermaids in them except Pirates of the Carribean and The Thirteenth Year…anyway, Scuttle is cool, as is Flounder, and I love the messenger seahorse…Ursula is an octopus, which is cool…and there are beautiful images of the sea)

Only ten left!! Wonder what they will be…

1. The Great Mouse Detective (underrted film…I love that much of it is set in a toy store, and the way Ratigan says, “Goodbye, so soon,” is epic)

2. The Fox and the Hound (well, it has two best friends who should hate each other, and a beautiful song called “Goodbye is not Forever.”)

:sunglasses: Oliver & Company
7) The Aristocats (fun adventure with house cats, a mouse that helps them, and a stupendous musical number, “Everybody Wants to Be a Cat.” Also, gotta love the beagle and hound dog or whatever breeds they were…“It’s the end,” “Wait a minute, I’m the one who’s supposed to say when it’s the end” (The words “THE END” bonk him on the head) “All right, it’s the end.” Also: “You’re not gonna believe this, but it’s a one-wheeled haystack!”)

1. Pocahontas - (Meeko and Percy really make this film a laughing riot when you think you are never going to laugh again. Grandmother Willow is a darling. Pocahontas and John Smith were an interesting couple. And Radcliffe wasn’t much of a villian, until the very end Powhatan could’ve been said to be just as much a villian as Radcliffe. Actually, the real Powhatan was horrific. Anyway, this was the first Disney film I saw in theaters, so…)

2. One Hundred and One Dalmatians (Cruella is one of the best villians in all of Disney, and this is without magic. As Roger says, “If she doesn’t scare you, no evil thing will.” Then you hve a fiesty little nanny, a cat and a horse who help the dalmatians escape, and the barking chain…not to mention that Horace and Jasper are even more bumbling thn Marv and Harry in Home Alone, though Marv and Harry weren’t working for anyone, so that’s probbly why.)

3. Beauty nad the Beast (talking furniture is always fun, Belle loves BOOKS, which is not something you often see in Disney movies, Gaston is someone it is fun to bash, and the beast is a gentle soul in an unappeasing body…I wish some girl could be a Belle to my beast…)

4. The Rescuers - YES, this movie deserves this high ranking. It does have an annoying villian and a sidekick villian who is almost as bad as Smee in his actions, though far, far more hilarious than Smee. The idea of a mice organization that helps people is really neat…I wish they would make a TV series of this movie, the ending made it possible. It is really awesome when all of the male mice in the Rescue Aid Society are dying to be Bianca’s partner, and she chooses the janitor. All the animals that help Bernard out are neat…the rabbit, the mousewive, the turtle, the owl. It has everything a great Disney movie needs, with only one or two small disturbing parts.

5. The Hunchback of Notre Dame - The best villian ever is in this movie. He goes to burn down a city to find a girl. His song expresses the feelings I had for a girl in high school…I mean, I wouldn’t have threatened to kill her if she didn’t date me…but I was still like Frollo here. His song is hilarious as well as dark, “It’s not my fault! I’m not to blame!” Even better, the song right before Frollo’s is sung by Quasimodo and is about how Quasimodo dreams of heaven’s light, true love. The gargoyles provide comic relief, and you’ve got to love the puppeteer…sweet, sweet stuff.

6. Tangled - Every film company should try to make their newest film better than their last. At least, in an ideal world, that would happen. It took Disney fourteen years to bring out a film that is better than Hunchback. While it is true that Tangled has a couple of weaknesses, such as the fact that the head thug should not know about Mozart in that time period, and Eugene should not know about superheroes…it was still an amazing film. The villian died in a classic way, by falling from a great height and aging super-fast due to the healing powers of Rapunzel’s hair ending…Diensy went back to its old stance of dreams coming true with the thugs singing about their dreams, and at the end living them…is also did unique things like the horse who thinks he’s aa dog and instead of being loyal to the main male character (Phoebus’ horse, Phillip’s horse), he pursues Eugene to capture him and get him imprisoned. Alan Mencken, who scored some of the best Disney songs, returned for this. His song should have won the Oscar over that terrible thing at the end of Toy Story 3…much as I like TS3. The only limitation I can see as far as Tangled goes is that the entire movie takes place within 500 yards of space…still, I say it is currently the greatest Disney movie ever. And if that’s not enough, we have here the most attractive Disney princess, and one who can take care of herself too, unlike Aurora or Cinderella or Snow-White.

My list is still missing some, but why not?

1. Dumbo
  2. Pinnochio
  3. Tangled
  4. Hercules
  5. The Princess and the Frog
  6. Sleeping Beauty
  7. Peter Pan
  8. Alice in Wonderland
  9. The Lion King
  10. Beauty and the Beast
  11. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
  12. Lady and the Tramp
  13. 101 Dalmations
  14. The Fox and the Hound
  15. Bambi
  16. The Emperor’s New Groove
  17. The Aristocats
  18. The Jungle Book
  19. Cinderella
  20. Mulan
  21. Aladdin
  22. Tarzan
  23. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  24. Bolt
  25. The Rescuers
  26. The Little Mermaid
  27. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  28. Robin Hood
  29. Pocahontas
  30. Meet the Robinsons
  31. The Great Mouse Detective
  32. Fantastia
  33. Home on the Range
  34. Dinosaur
  35. Chicken Little

UPDATE!
15. Robin Hood
14. Oliver & Company
13. Melody Time
12. Bolt
11. Meet the Robinsons
10. The Princess and the Frog
9. Cinderella
8. Bambi
7. The Little Mermaid
6. The Aristocats
5. The Great Mouse Detective
4. Pinocchio
3. Fantasia
2. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

1. Alice in Wonderland

Thoughts on Chicken Little. Possibly the worst of the canon
When I was younger, I liked the movie, before I knew about the whole Shrek likeness and mixed reviews (and because I was young). I don’t know what would exactly happen if I watched it again. Maybe I would take it for what it is and it might not be that bad, or a guilty pleasure.:slight_smile:

EDIT: On the TV Tropes pages, the movie apparently came around to show Pixar that Disney didn’t need them and to compete with pop culture-esque films. It’s described as pure marketing from beginning to end and critics complained that Disney now had to imitate its competitors (shamelessly?). And despite being good at the box office it showed that Disney did need Pixar. And then later they made up with John Lasseter being in charge of future Disney animations. A little depressing while reading it, maybe because it now stays in the Disney Animated Canon. I’d say it could be the worst of the canon, but does it come of as horrible to people, whether it’s a Disney entry or for what it is? In the end, it sounds just like a weak attempt from Disney. What are your apinions?