Can't See Skin Choosey Thing

Yeah, those little boxes that you click to choose the skin you want to use. My computer isn’t showing them, and I think it’s been like this since the update with the WALL-E skin. All I can see is a little black blob where the box thingies should be.

And what browser might you be using?

I use Firefox.

It didn’t show to me either (I use Firefox too). But now, there are the boxes for Wall-E, Ratatouille, Cars and The Incredibles. Next to them is an arrow whcih will scroll to the remaining four. It’s just a matter of time when they will reappear.

Strange indeed. Have you updated to Firefox 3?

No, not yet, planning to do so at the weekend. Could this be what’s causing the problem?

I can’t see it either. o_O

I’m using Safari…

How very odd indeed. I can see it and works fine for me. I can’t imagine what the problem is.

Thats strange, I’m using Safari for Windows. (Which is the browser I use mostly on my computer now.) And I can see them.

It works fine for me in Camino and Firefox 3, but it doesn’t work in Safari 3.04 (Mac).

However, when I use the Ratatouille theme in Safari, the skin chooser does show up. Therefore, the silly problem must be in this block of code in the “main-forum.css”

.skinchooser li#walle a { background-image: url(../img/skin-walle.png); width: 57px; height: 60px; margin-top: 21px; } .skinchooser li#walle a:hover, .skinchooser li#walle a.selected { background-color: #4b637f; }

I’m not too sure what though :smiley:

I’m in Safari 4 Developer Preview on a mac and it works fine for me. I’ll pass along your concerns to Mell.

Yeah that’s weird. I use the latest version of Firefox and it works fine for me…

Well, I’ve updated to the latest version of Firefox and it’s working absolutely fine now. I’ve actually decided to use the WALL-E theme for the next few weeks in preparation for the release of the film. :smiley:

Thanks for the help, bawpcwpn! :smiley:

Just a tip for anyone using mobile browsers, the skin chooser is too large to load on some mobile browsers such as the PSP’s browser. To avoid this problem on Upcoming Pixar and on the Pixar Planet boards, just turn Javascript off. This is leading me to believe the problem is not the browser, but the version of Java you have.

I’m using Opera 9.5 and it shows up fine.

yeah it will not bring the site up on my psp i wish that can be fixed :frowning:

Hi guys,

The code was tested on Firefox 2 and 3, so the version of the browser isn’t an issue, I think it’s down to your version of javascript instead. Does the theme selector on the blog work for everybody or is that causing issues, too?

Don’t worry about that CSS code Pixelated, it just sets a background image on the Wall-E link and changes colour when you hover over it. (Revealing industry secrets now! :p)

A long time ago I aksed if it could be fixed, but it will just degrade the site. All you have to do is turn off Javascript. if you don’t know how, PM me.

Mell- Well, before I updated Firefox it was working fine until the new version of Firefox came out, and then it start being a bit weird until I updated my Firefox. It might just be a coincidence, though, especially as it was tested, as you said. I don’t know anything about javascript, but is there a possibility that when I updated Firefox, the javascript updated too?

Mell, I noticed on Safari today that when I try to change skins I receive a 404 error. I believe it may have something to do with my little update fiasco but I’m not entirely sure… sorry! =/