Cars 2- First Official Trailer.

Oh, they better be.

I wasn’t impressed with the first teaser at all, but the new trailer looks much better.

This teaser is much better then the other now i am officially excited for cars 2! :exclamation:

I thought it was neat. Better than what I thought it would be like!

I am a bit disapointed not to see more of what Europe will look like in the Cars world, but I understand why they didn’t. After all it’s only a minute long trailer! I can’t wait to see more, and Tokyo looks killer!

After seeing the trailer. I can’t help but think that this could either turn out to be really bad, or this could be one amazing movie. This also is the first Pixar movie that has me somewhat worried. I guess time will tell with this one.

With that said, It looking good so far.

good trailer! I went crazy when I heard Michael Caine, that was so awesome! I have more of an idea what the movie is going to be like now. It might turn out okay.

Also, I just had to mention that I remember a thread on here that was “any ideas for a Pixar movie?” and my idea was a spy movie. to me, it feels like they actually saw that post and decided they would make Cars 2 their spy movie. I know that that’s probably not true, but I just feel proud of myself for thinking up an idea for one of their movies before they make it… well, wouldn’t you?

Haha, I had the same idea: Ideas for future Pixar films It seems like Pixar is a great mind-reader, innit? :wink:

Even though I’m like way late, I’d like to argue some of the more negative points.

If it was in Radiator Springs again, what would they do? I’d just be like the same movie over again, which would be super lame. I love the first Cars, but a sequel needs to be at least slightly different.

I know this is not official, but Sally is still on the IMDB, so she still might be in there. Maybe what we’re looking at is another strong female saving him from the trouble he’s caused himself? cough

Anyway, I still think, for now at least, this looks great.

I’m really pleased they have expanded the scope of the movie and have explored the world of Cars on a larger scale, rather than a ‘Revenge of Chick Hicks’ (though, for all we know, he could return in this one) or ‘Threat to Radiator Springs’ storyline. That has been done before in the video games and a thousand fanfics, so I’m all for the more exotic locations (and the potential to spoof and pay homage to automotive cultures around the world).

Sally is my favourite character from the first movie, so I totally understand and share the concern some may have for her appearance in this movie. I guess we’ll find out more about her involvement in subsequent trailers and footage, and I’m really curious how they’re going to handle Doc and Filmore’s voice actors, but for the moment, I’m content with what I’m seeing.

Having rewatched the trailer multiple times, I noticed that the orange car chasing Finn McMissile does a barrel roll after shooting the rocket. 8D And I’m really curious as to who is the British-accented Arash AF-10 lookalike at 0:53 is, and who’s her voice actor. Is she a fellow operative or Finn, or his Miss Moneypenny-style secretary? :stuck_out_tongue:

I never said it was special just for having sequels and just that alone, I meant that as in, it was the only Pixar story that successful sequels could be made out of, which to me Toy Story’s 2 and 3 were. I can see why Pixar didn’t think the story was quite over when the first film ended, but every other Pixar film needs to be left be, and this includes Monsters Inc 2, which I am kind of excited for, but still.

Well, yeah. Sure sometimes, sequels aren’t always neccessary, but I’m sure Pixar will be able to make it good without losing any charm of the original, perhaps even making it better.

This^^ :imp:

I’m sure they won’t leave Sally out, but she may not have as much as a big role in this one.

And no offense to Sally fans, but I personally found the romantic scene between Lightning and Sally to be boring. I found the My Town montage interesting, but other than that, I didn’t enjoy it. I also found Sally to be a bit annoying, especially when she makes Doc force Lightning to fix the road. Still, I do hope Sally is in this one. I wouldn’t want Pixar to just leave her out as if she was nothing.

For anyone who wanted to hear a more detailed summary of my thoughts on the trailer, here’s a link to a video I made if you’re curious at all. (Don’t feel like typing it all out ^^; )

youtube.com/watch?v=IEuCth83bHs

Is the part at the end of the trailer where Mater goes into the men’s bathroom physically possible? It looks like he turns left after going through the door, but wouldn’t that just take him into the wall dividing the two bathrooms? Maybe I’m looking at it the worng way…

Hold up…Oh you went there… :angry:

As much as I’m looking forward to Cars 2, I found that interesting to listen to. I have to admit that the theme of talking cars becoming spies is a bit corny and there doesn’t seem to be any emotional depth. Still, I’m sure Pixar could get it to work. As much as you think you’re going to hate it, at least you’re going to give it a chance. Maybe we’ll have more info on it when a new trailer comes along.

Yes, I’m sorry. :frowning:

Yes I really like this I’ve already watched it several times for in-jokes :-D)

EDIT: forgot to say I found some things they’re on my Flickr, I can’t post them directly because my Photobucket won’t work. :unamused:

I’ve watched it a few times, but only because I’m really excited for the movie. :laughing:

Damn I was just about to post that A113 Reference, guess I’m too slow (only watched the trailer today). Anyways the trailer looks good, but I’ll post my opinions about when I have some spare time, All I’ll praise is how realistic the Airport scenes looked at some points, that blew me away. So knowing that I have some hope that the movie will look beautiful when it comes to scenery.

It’s okay, Geoff. Sally annoys me for about half the movie, than becomes one of my favorites. Just like Atta, Colette, Eve, Celia, Andy’s mom…a lot of Pixar characters do that to me. XD