Cars 2 Opinions

This thread is strictly for opinions,what you like and don’t like so far and your perceptions,of the movie and characters so far…who you think is gonna do what in the movie…so what are your thoughts,both positive and Negative…? :slight_smile:

It’s great that you’re accepting of negative opinions as well CarsLuver… but I’m wondering whether there’s too many new Cars 2 discussion threads being created at the moment (‘I like Cars 2’, ‘I can’t believe they’re making Cars 2’, ‘Central Cars 2 Discussion’). Could you be more specific as to which aspect of the film your thread is about? ‘Opinion’ is a pretty huge word. :slight_smile:

Well I thought the Main Cars 2 Discussion thread was,for infomation.I made this thread to get opinions about what people like and what they don’t like from what they’ve seen so far(story-wise,ect).I’m hoping this’ll last when the movie comes out for personal reviews… :slight_smile:

I know what you mean. The Cars 2 thread seems to be full of details and spoliers. I stopped going to it because people no longer are expressing their feelings but instead just rambling facts about the movie. If we are discussing opinions, I am very excited. Once it hits May I’m going to find out about reserving tickets for the first day it comes out. :smiley:

I’ll be seeing it on my birthday, July 3, aand I can’t wait…I have to have my yearly Pixar fix, except when its things like Wall-E and Up.

I hope that the huge cast of characters doesn’t mean fifty dozen one-liners.

Then again, some of the best moments of Toy Story were the lines from random toys. “Hi, I’m Woody, howdy howdy howdy,” as the shark says. Actually, that’s the one that immediately comes to mind. I think Lenny said something, not sure. Mr. Spell spoke but he didn’t say anything particularly funny. Etch a Sketch didn’t say anything…wait, wasn’t Lenny the one who said, “He’s lighting it, he’s lighting it…IN THE DARK!”?

Did you dislike WALL-E and Up?

I disliked Up except for the Married Life sequence. Wall-E I have not seen yet, but the fact that the same people who say Wall-E is the best Pixar movie are the ones who say Cars is the worst, and the fact that I like Cars, makes me want to avoid that movie.

just don’t be influenced by people’s thoughts, I know it is a very good thing to read what they say, but watching and analyzing it by yourself is the best way to discover if you love or hate something ,imo, WALL-E is a masterpiece and so is Cars ,

and I thought the most heard battle on internet was: The Incredibles vs. Cars, rather than Wall-e vs. Cars

The thread I was looking at was called “Cars is Pixars best movie and 1000000000x better than stupid Incredibles.” But many people came in there saying how great Wall-E is and trashing Cars. So…also, I don’t like the idea that Wall-E has little dialogue…the only time that is acceptable is in Tom and Jerry, and Pixar did not create another Tom and Jerry here, I’m sure.

I was thinking the same thing…

Hm, my opinion on the film? I’m excited for it! I am for any Pixar film really. I’m not as excited for this as I was for Rio, but I’m still very itnerested to see how this one will turn out, and I adore how its international theme.

uhm, sorry to barge in here, but don’t you think you should like, you know, actually see the film before you start judging it? you want to avoid it because the fans think a movie you enjoy is pixar’s worst? to each their own, i’m just saying is all.

anyway, cars 2. tbh i’m not really looking forward to it, like at all, but i do feel the need to defend it a tiny bit. i mean, i’ve seen youtube comments complaining about how it’s going to suck simply because it’s not going to be some crazy tearjerker. i mean, really, folks. if pixar just wants to make an enjoyable and fun movie, is that really /so/ bad?

loving the retro posters, though.

Well, I have been against Wall-E ever since I heard there’d be little or no dialogue in it. Then I was against Up because it does not sound like a Pixar film, and the characters looked terrible. Then I watched the beginning of Up in Spanish, all the way up to where Russel knocks on Carl’s front door. Seeing the Married Life sequence, I thought it would be a good movie, and since I usually watch Pixar movies for the first time with my grandparents, I rented Up, and told myself that if Up was good, I would watch Wall-E.

Up was not good, and since my predictions about it being a bad movie came true, my predictions about Wall-E are likely to be true as well.

Anyway, Cars 2 is going to be something. I heard people who said they didn’t like Cars want to see Cars 2 after seeing the trailers. Then there are other people who think that only four-year-olds would want to see this…

The thing is, though, Cars is an amazing movie that teaches vital life lessons. This sequel doesn’t sound like there is any lesson to be taught. Also, I doubt this sequel will be nominated for Best Animated Picture, though that’s okay since Pixar won for four years in a row…let someone else win it this year. Maybe Rio.

Up is not “bad” in any way. You just don’t like it personally. That is your opinion, not the film’s quality.

uh, okay then. up was not good ~in your opinion~. honestly, i have no idea how this whole wall-e/up connection you’re making works but if that’s how you roll…just saying you should actually try the movie before saying it’s bad. you never know until you try. kind of like how i’m trying /not/ to judge cars 2 before i see it (if i do at all) because, well. i haven’t seen it, so i wouldn’t know.

anyyyway, i have a feeling it’ll probably be nominated for best animated - aka the category that can diaf - because pixar pretty much has a reserved seat there, but unless it blows everyone away i kind of doubt it’ll win. i’m thinking rango or winnie the pooh (which hasn’t come out yet, i’m aware, but it looks SO AMAZING AHHH.) maybe rio, though.

I’m as excited as you about Winnie the Pooh, but there is no chance the academy will ever nominate it. The noms will be Cars 2, Rango, and Rio. I’m hoping Rango wins, but expecting Rio. Thats my prediction.

And everyone is going to say how Cars 2 is horrible, because it didn’t win any awards and that it ruined Pixar’s perfect record. :unamused: Pixar doesn’t make films just to win oscars, they make them to be great movies. I firmly believe Cars 2 will be a good movie, it just isn’t the kind of movie that film-snobs (like the academy) will like.

LoverofFiction: All I’ll say to you is that if you haven’t watched Wall-E, you should give it a go. And if we don’t manage to change your opinion, that’s perfectly alright. You are entitled to it.

I actually feel the reverse! :slight_smile: I personally enjoyed Rio more deep in my heart, but I feel that Rango was more daring and broke the ‘animation ghetto’ barrier the hardest.

Personally, I’m hoping Pixar doesn’t get a nom this year. Not because I’m anti-Pixar (surprise, surprise, I’m a Pixar fan since 2006 and still am today), but because this studio has basically monopolised the voters since the inception of the ‘Best Animated Ghetto’ category (The only exceptions are 2002 and 2005 when it didn’t get any noms because they didn’t release any films in those years). I’m not saying this monopolisation was undeserved, but in the light of original films from its competitors and its release of a sequel for the second year in a row, I think it’s time to give the honour of nomination to other studios this year.

Besides, Cars 2, while an entertaining entry in the Pixar canon, probably won’t be as genre-transcending as the ‘Big Three’ (the collective term I have in my head for Ratatouille, Wall-E and Up) for me. It will be a fun summer popcorn-flick (though I’m hoping it has emotional pathos too), but nothing more.

If Cars 2 doesn’t get a Nom or win the Award, it’s not such a big deal for me. I have learnt that the Oscars is a subjective ceremony since last year’s denial of HTTYD last year for Best Animated and Best Score for TS3’s shoo-in. So, really, if Rio or Rango get Best Animated, I’m happy. If Cars 2 gets Best Animated, I’d also be happy, but not as happy. Does that kind of make sense?

Any which way, I probably will enjoy Cars 2, though whether I will enjoy it as much as I did Rio and Rango, or the upcoming Kung Fu Panda 2, remains to be seen.

I haven’t seen Rango or Rio yet but I’m leaning towards Rio. That’s just cause it appeals to me more so far, but I definetely need to see them both before deciding. As for Wall-E, I don’t think you should go so far in saying you really dislike it and all that until you see it. Then you can say whatever you like (mind you as long as it is respectful). You bring up a good point though LOF that those who love Wall-E seem to hate Cars. I agree with you on that. And ironically, I love Cars but I actually really dislike Wall-E. :stuck_out_tongue: And on the topic of Cars getting a nomination…I really hope they do. I will have to see the movie before I can decide wether they should win or not but I don’t think I mind either way. I do want them to win beacause the first movie didn’t (which it totally should have) and on the other side I don’t mind if they don’t win because I’m not sure if it will be more worthy than the other contenders.

TDIT, you say you want to give the honor of nomination to another studio, so who do you think the third nomination will be if not Cars 2?

Thing is there might be more than 3 movies make the nomination shortlist this year. If the preliminary round has over 16 animated movies, there will be 5 slots for final nominees. If that’s the case, I’d go with this:

• Rango
  • Rio
  • Happy Feet 2
  • Kung Fu Panda 2
  • Winnie the Pooh

This is only to follow TDIT’s exclusion of Cars 2. I’m pretty sure it’ll make it to the shortlist, either with 3 or 5 nominees.

^There is a new Winnie The Pooh film? And Happy Feet 2…ugggh. I’m gonna pretend I didn’t see that. >.<