Cars 2...originally a original spy film from Pixar?

One of my good friends was looking at the concept artwork book on the film Cars 2. One part of the book caught his attention, and that made him to put some pieces together. A few hours ago, we were both in a conversation to believe that Cars 2 was originally pitched to Pixar as an original spy animated feature (which may have been on the lines of a PG13 animated feature). The conversation started when he showed me a concept art piece for the original design for the bad guy for Cars 2. Even explaining to me that the character’s personality was originally a darker and scarier character (something on the lines on Dr.Robotnik from Sonic Satam).

Getting more into detail with it. He even mentions how much there was more torture regarding on certain characters. We have both come to the conclusion that Cars 2 may have been planned as something completely different, but the heads of Pixar may have thought this was a bit too much to put through a kids head. And have decided to take this original concept and rush it off as the Cars sequel. Although, you’d think they’d approve of something on the lines of a Spy movie if it were on the line of Brad Bird’s Incredibles. While the incredibles was an animated feature that featured some mature stuff and a few things that kids may have enjoyed, this one sounded a bit more over the lines of the Incredibles. I think this may have been a bit too much for a Pixar film, and that was the only reason why it was changed completely as Cars 2. If they stick with the Spy film to get it made as a PG13 film, they’d get Touchstone pictures to market the film (similar to how Disney used Touchstone for Roger Rabbit and Nightmare Before Christmas). Or in this case, the film may have been toned down to approve the PG rating with all the good stuff cut out(you know the things that make the PG13 rating). We would have gotten something cooler, but instead the Spy story was changed into a Cars 2 film. And the spy concept may have been left on the drawing board.

Do you think this may have been possible? If this may be the case, I think Pixar is trying to cover things up that nobody wants to hear.

Last I was told, it was because Finn McMissile was supposed to be in the original Cars, only not as a real spy but as a fictional James Bond-type movie character with his own spy film series (which would have been played at the Radiator Springs drive-in). After reading about that, my assumption for Cars 2 was that they just brought that spy stuff into the real world of Cars.

It may be possible, but I think it is highly unlikely.