Cars 2 Reviews

Honestly, this forum’s completely on fire, and it seems(to me) that there have been a lot of flame wars lately. :unamused:

I’m not directly talking about either of you, but wow. Lots of arguing lately, huh?

The arguing comes when people feel the need to continously bash a movie without any regard to those of us who actually love the movie…Respect it for what it’s worth…the thing that annoys me is when people put a negative label on Cars"Pixar’s worst blah,blah,blah" It’s annoying…and then people want to get mad when we defend it(Not talking about you Virgina)… :unamused: Serously give it a rest…

I’m not trying to post anything to continue any wars, but I just gotta say that I used to be a die-hard fan of Cars. Like, I’m serious. I had everything Cars related - down to the t-shirts and sneakers and everything.

I guess what happened was I watched the next Pixar movie, and for me, it blew Cars right out of the water. Every one has a personal connection to each movie, and I realized that Cars never did anything for me except cause me to go into an insane fandom that died after Ratatouille.

Now, I don’t entirely hate Cars, don’t get me wrong, it’s just I never had a real personal connection with it - the characters didn’t move me at all, and I ended up finding that it got somewhat annoying after time (with all the franchise and stuff).

I’m just not looking forward to this movie because to me, it feels as though Cars has gotten more attention than most Pixar movies (but not all of them). I can only handle so much Mater, ya know? :stuck_out_tongue: In my opinion, it feels as though Pixar is backsliding a bit with this movie… but I can’t really say all that much yet - seeing as how the movie isn’t even out yet. :unamused:

But seriously. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it is completely against our own. I agree with Virginia - if we’re going to state opinions, please, please don’t turn it into an argument. We’re all different, and our views are based on our own experiences - not someone else’s.

…And I’m gonna leave it at that. :wink:

Well people are allowed to criticise a movie in the end, it’s just the way you do so which matters. For instance, I’m no huge fan of Up. But if I was to just say “UP IS TEH SUXXORS”, well people would be right to call me out on that- it adds nothing to discussion, it is rude and doesn’t explain WHY. Plus there ARE some good things about Up. ( Carl/Ellie for one and Carl bits in general) But little-chef didn’t really do that herself, so I think she should feel free to express her opinion, even if people don’t necessarily agree all the time.

Overall with the original Cars, I like the story and the characters at its heart- it’s simply the world that continues to baffle me (though some talk here has rectified some things, though not all). This is more of a personal issue since well, I’m a world building nerd. When I care for characters enough I want to understand the world they live in- and heck even in other cases, descripencies can throw me out of it and bug me a bit.

This review is indeed negative, and I was already unsure of the spy set up to begin with- but I’ll still be giving it a try. Still it’s possible that Cars 2 might be a disappointment. Though possibly I could still be pleasently surprised. This is just one opinion after all.

xCarsLuverx, I see your point. And I didn’t mistake you for talking about me, because I sometimes defend Cars. I try to stay out of Cars arguments because I get heated too easily, and while I really like Cars and the characters, it isn’t my favorite, so I don’t want to make enemies over it. I just get tired of the bickering, though.

I also agree with you, DoE. I know this is a Pixar forum–but even so, is a movie worth arguing about? I get tired of"arguing about how good a movie is, because it’s all relative. I think we can mostly agree on the overall quality of a movie, but not love it the same. It’s all taste, and quality rarely affects that, unless the movie is really bad, or really good.

You have a point, MG. People should be able to say a few good things about even a movie they hate, or to me, they’re being very closed-minded. You disliking or liking a movie doesn’t make it good or bad.

This is a major issue on this forum, and in the world, people get their opinion of a movie mixed up with quality, and think everyone must agree with them because said movie is so amazing/dull/stupid/life-changing/whatever/I have too many examples.

And then, people end up disliking each other, people, over a movie. I’m sorry, but that’s just stupid. :confused:

Hmm… Well, I’m still going to give Cars 2 a chance, of course. That is just ONE review. And 70 % of the movie isn’t even done. But IF it turns out to be bad, that’s not the end of the world, is it? And Pixar is working really hard right now on this one, obviously, from what I’ve heard. We’ll have to see how it turns out. But it’s not like I’m not gonna watch it just because of a review. Or because it looks bad. (Which it doesn’t in my opinion)

^ You are awesome.

Well, I was going to say something to defend myself, because there’s absolutely no reason for me to be getting flamed, but I’m not gonna feed this.

I’m simply going to say how fed up with this flaming I am. There is a way to argue reasonably, but this has gone a step too far and brought it into flame territory, which just isn’t right. And I had no intention of causing a war, to be totally clear with everyone.

Anyone with a slightly negative opinion just can’t get a word in on this discussion. :neutral_face:

little chef

No It’s not even that,see this is another thing that annoys me,none of you guys understand the situation,because either Cars is not your favorite movie or you don’t like Cars…so you have this thing where you say"Oh,she’s just expressing her opinion…"but what none of you guys realise that Cars gets bash continously and in a sarcastic way at that…NO one has anything positive to say about Cars for what it’s worth…and it’s very annoying…not just in this instance but in others too,m’kay?I don’t really care if you like Cars or not cause I have a friend who dosen’t like Cars,and Bryko is a member on here that I really like even though he doesn’t like Cars…but I don’t really expect any of you to understand I doubt any of you even read fully through my previous posts,and I see why Jessie left… :neutral_face:

…huh? I didn’t leave. :open_mouth: For those who keep thinking I keep leaving, I have a life, you know? :confused: You’re not the first person to say that. I don’t understand why people think I left just because I’ve been busy for a while.

As for the “I told you so.”, and I know it was directed to me, how would it bad for me, considering Mater is one of my favorite characters? :open_mouth: Also, for someone who doesn’t like flame wars, you’re basically starting them by saying “I’m waiting for a certain someone to get online so I can say I told you so!”. I’ve apologized many times; so have you. I don’t understand why you would continue to write things like that.

As for all of this, okay guys, you caught me…I’ve always been worried for Cars 2. I keep giving it the benift of the doubt because I love Cars and everything to do with Cars. The trailers made me feel okay and this only brings it down just a tiny bit. The whole Mater thing doesn’t bother me. The story itself bothers me. No characters, except for Professor Zundapp, bother me. I do think this sounds good, I do, but whom am I to kid? This doesn’t sound Pixar good at all. As for it being more about being funny than being emotional, I think it’s about time. If every single Pixar movie made me cry my eyes out, it would get annoying in my opinion.

I wasn’t talking about you in particular…I didn’t say someone as in a particular person…I swear every single post I make I have to explain things to people…and you didn’t aplogize…to me anyway but that’s ok I’m way past that already…You can’t expect me not to be upset about that…But I really don’t care about that anyways…that’s over and done with…so I would like to continue a peaceful discussion if you don’t mind…

I did apologize though.

I’m done.

Oh ok well,sorry…now can we please move on… :neutral_face:

little-chef, sorry if I upset you directly. I wasn’t actually talking about you or XcarluverX, I was just talking about arguing in general(you guys weren’t even arguing 'till after I left; I really need to quit panicking :l).

Hi, Jessie. Sorry you had to come in after I caused another mini-war. I seem to cause a lot of those… :frowning:

Well, call me crazy, but I don’t care about this review. I’m going to see this movie, no matter what!!! :smiling_imp:

XCarLuverX, I know Cars takes a lot of beatings. If you want to talk about it, I’m a Cars fan, and I’d gladly talk to you so you can vent, if you need. :slight_smile:

Virginia, I didn’t see you doing anything wrong. Please don’t be upset. I know that I’ve upset you in the past, I want you to know that you did nothing wrong. CarsLuver and I are talking it out, calmly, in a private message. It’s cool.

Oh, okay. Thanks for confirming. :smiley:

Now, you know that’s a lie. Cars wasn’t perfect, but it had it’s moments. And I think it’ll be the same with this movie. I mean, how bad could it be? The concept art, trailer and everything else we’ve seen so far look amazing.
:sunglasses:

^ Exactly.

I’m going to see the movie. But it’s mainly just to give the movie a fair chance. I’m not too big a fan of the original movie though I will admit that it had some of the most gorgeous landscapes I’ve ever seen. It reminded me of when I was a kid and I planned out a trip on the remains of Route 66.

The teaser for the film didn’t really do it for me though. But, when I think about it I’ve never been too big of a fan of any of Pixar’s trailers. I think the only one I ever really liked was the trailer for Up which had this awesome cue that wasn’t included in the movie. (And call me shallow, but I was actually very upset that the rousing adventurous cue wasn’t anywhere to be heard) and the very first Incredibles teaser.

So I’m going in with a very open mind and hoping that I love or at least like this movie. Wish me luck.

I’m sad to say I’ve been feeling the same way lately. I’m still going to see it of course, but Brave just sounds 1000x more interesting.