Cars 2 Reviews

The thing is, I haven’t been greatly impressed by anything so far. The concept art is good, but it always is. The trailer was alright at best; nothing in particular stood out at me. And now this review is getting me pretty worried. We still have 6 months, so it could start to look better, but if my opinion doesn’t change I’ll seriously consider not seeing it just so that my Pixar fandom isn’t scarred permanently. :confused:

Thank you xD

I guess I have to see more…I just hate how they’re ailenating everyone except Mater.It’s just not right… :confused:

I don’t think you should stop yourself posting little_chef, even if things can get a little heated at times, no-one should be attacked for their opinion in the end though with regards this movie whether it be positive or negative- there’s little of anything controversial in Cars to begin with in any case. My problems relate mainly to world building issues. Some people may have other problems with it. -shrugs- I would be curious to know what yours would be.

Poor Mater though guys, he’s like the number one Scrappy of the entire Pixar empire probably. :laughing:

In any case I’ll be seeing it, it’s one opinion and I think my cousins elder son will want at least ONE adult in the family who won’t be simply pretending to be interested when he babbles about it or to know what he’s talking about at all in the case of extended family members. He loved the first one so him seeing the 2nd is kind of a given I think.

Plus I shall buy Cars 2 merchandise for him on his birthday and/or christmas that year like the good little shopping drone I am.

I have no problem with the original Cars, in fact I like it. The only thing that makes this movie different from other Pixar movies to me, is that if I confess I like it anywhere else but here I’ll be made fun of.
As for the review, sure I was a little disappointed, I’ll still give it a chance. After all that was what happened with Toy Story and Finding Nemo in the first place, and you all know how it ended.
I have to agree with mentalguru, poor Mater. I feel so sorry for him that I want to cry right now. Darn it guys, I don’t think I can sleep for the rest of the night. :smiley:

It’s like you stole my brain. I agree with all of this! I’m not a fan of the original Cars (I’m not apologizing for this–it has its merits and it’s still better than most, but I think Pixar can do better), so the idea of a Cars sequel already worries me a bit. And then the trailer came out, which doesn’t impress me much. I’ll still see it as soon as I possibly can, and I’ll laugh whenever I think something’s funny, tear up whenever something’s touching, and so on… It’s just not looking terribly promising as of now, which is sad because it’s the only Pixar film being released next year! BUT, all of that said, if the sequel is as good as the first, I’ll be satisfied.

And MONS†ER, you have a very very nice siggy.

I love Mater. Not sure why he annoys everyone. I guess I’m just around too many people like him at school or something.

I’m able to see why he may annoy people, but to have so much hate for him, that I can’t see. Yes, I know the reasons, because they’ve been stated, but I still can’t see how that can make one hate a character. Hate is a pretty strong word.

On the Cars Toons DVD, there’s this one part in the extras where they talk about Mater, and the things they say are pretty beautiful. That’s just my opinion.

I know that if someone like him existed, I would love for him to be my best friend. If I was Lightning and my problem was already solved in my movie, I would love for them to make a movie for my best friend with his problems. Granted, Mater’s problems are usually things he lies about, but hey, in the end there’s always that one thing that happens that makes it seem that he may not be lying. :wink:

I can go on forever about how much I love Mater. :stuck_out_tongue:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh… :neutral_face:

Honestly, Mater’s tied with Lightning and Doc for my favorite character, so the fact that most people on this forum hate him bothers me a bit. They’re allowed to hate Mater, so I try not to complain, because he annoys them. I just really like Mater.

…and other opinions are perfectly fine. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it makes you feel out of place, but I’m learning to not let it bother me. :slight_smile:

I guess you’re right. It’s just funny. I came to this forum to be with people like me, to escape how unhappy the people in my school and church make me, and some people here are just as bad. :laughing: It’s just really surreal.

That’s how it is with Cars…you feel out of place because most people hate it… :confused: But I dunno I used to like Mater… :confused:

Yeah, it’s definitely the most bashed. People are entitled to their opinion, but they’re also entitled to realize the relentlessly bashing something just because you don’t love it is annoying.

It’s something that we’re gonna just have to swallow, because with Cars 2 coming out, expect a lot more bashing. :confused: For both movies.

I completely agree…that’s why I go so hard on people cause’ it’s like"Give it a rest already!" you know?

Yeah, you’re right, Jess. And all these sequels are bringing wrath on the company itself!! It makes me really sad. :frowning:

I’m all for sequels and I’m all for originals, but they should at least space them out.

“Toy Story 3, Cars 2, Monsters Inc. 2”

Know what I’m sayin’?

[quote="x3haijessiex3":hrlwnxs0]It’s something that we’re gonna just have to swallow, because with Cars 2 coming out, expect a lot more bashing. :? For both movies.[/quote:hrlwnxs0]

Yep… :-\ :|

Even if it is a good movie, I’m expecting people to bash it. That goes with every movie though.