Cars 2 Sound Design

I don’t know if anyone’s posted this yet, but I’m pretty no one has based on my searching around

So I found this really cool behind the scenes video about the sound design for Cars 2, and how they went out into the field and recorded the different gun sounds and cars sounds. It’s really cool because it shows the level of detail and accuracy that was put into this film, as well as a bit of the audio production pipeline, workflow, and chain of command when it comes to creating a big screen feature length animated film like Cars 2. Pretty cool if you ask me! :smiley: Here’s where you can view it: [url]http://vimeo.com/25497102[/url]

My brother, being a huge fan of sound design and Skywalker Sound, has trained my ear to notice sound more often. And the sound crew of Pixar films will always have my lasting respect and admiration for what they do that gets so often overlooked. My gosh, I love the sound design in both Cars films. One of my fave sound moments in Cars 2 is during the Tokyo race when they cut back on any other music and dialogue and all you hear are those epic racecar engines (Dude, there were seriously Star Wars Episode I podracer sounds mixed in there!!! :mrgreen: ). The film had so many cool sound moments that stood out to me I can’t recall them all off-hand. Too bad this feautrette didn’t make it to the Blu-Ray. Nevertheless, you gotta love Pixar and Skywalker’s incredible collaberation they’ve had since the earliest days of Pixar!