Cars 2 カーズ2:”the good stuff” from Japan

I’m back man! I started a thread on TS3 on “the good stuff” from Japan last year. So now I’m starting another one for Cars 2. All the merchandise here are for sale for the Japanese market. You will also find Disney Store and ‘US’ goods for sale from this list too. Did I say it’s great to be back.

[Update X2] July 20th
I’ve just noticed today, right after the kids are out of school for summer here in Japan, the movie theater goods section from <stellatuhan.com> got updated with three pages of stuff for Cars 2. Also, I’ve added another line from Takaratomy video and a load of stuff from Takaratomy. Check them out. The Yahoo Auction from Japan is set for how many bids have been put in, not just randomly. There are 2,157 new items from Rakuten for sale up from 764 items a month ago, so everything for sale for Cars 2 merchandise is set here in Japan. I live in the part of Japan that got the 9.0 earthquake, but after four months everything looks OK except the coastal areas of course. The Toys R Us near my place suffered damages and is in the process of moving to another mall this year. Toys R Us usually has exclusive Disney/Pixar goods for sale, so I can’t make any comments yet. The Disney Store here in Sendai has dedicated two floors for Cars 2. The Lego Store, Click Brick, has some cool Cars stuff on display.

I’ll be watching the first showing of Cars 2 Saturday, July 30th. Can’t wait for Cars 2 here in Japan.

[Update X3 July 25th]
Last weekend, I went to another Toys R Us in Sendai, Japan and Seiyu (a.k.a Wal-Mart). Yeah, Wal-Mart bought 100% of this big Japanese department store chain, Seiyu, if you don’t know, but it’s stealthily called the original Japanese store. Anyways, just five days left for the first movie showings in Japan and at Toys R Us some items from Cars 2 goods have already sold out on the streets like Grem and Acer car characters from Takaratomy. Also, the Lego 8423 and 8424 had one each left on the shelf from Toys R Us. Seiyu had nothing selling off its shelf but that will change after Cars 2 film starts. I’ve added some more Cars 2 tie-in goods on the list: the claw crane from Sega, Koshihikari rice from Nigata prefecture (state), Yokohama Tires.

Here’s just the beginning of Japanese goods for Cars 2. They’re videos from Takaratomy. I’ll definitely be updating more from Takaratomy.
youtube.com/watch?v=rFqKyc78nTM
youtube.com/watch?v=ffEi3bIapYA
youtube.com/watch?v=UJuf0Yx6Vw8
youtube.com/watch?v=Nna_Mjdvnaw

If you can read Japanese, here’s a News Release from Takaratomy on Cars 2. But you could see there’s a Mater “transformation” like the Lightning MqQueen one from the Takaratomy video.
takaratomy.co.jp/product_rel … 110609.pdf
There are at least 80 items for Cars 2 sold through Takaratomy below. Click away.
search-sitenaviplus.fresheye.com … Field.y=13

This site will have all the movie theater goodies on sale for Cars 2 for those movie buff collectors like the movie guide books people buy before they watch a movie.
There are still no Cars 2 movie goodies posted yet, but there are now titles and prices.]
stellatuhan.com/%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA2

This site, Rakuten, is a virtual Japanese Shopping Mall. Right now there are 764 items to check out.
search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall … %82%BA2/-/

This site is from jbtoys. These are mostly imported Cars 2 cool stuff from the states for the refined collectors in Japan. I think there were five official TS3 movie original CD soundtracks for sale for only the J –market last year. Some Cars 2 hot items have already sold out from this site.
jbtoys.net/list.cgi?ctg_id=Cars2DS
jbtoys.net/list.cgi?ctg_id=CARS2%2dOthe
jbtoys.net/list.cgi?ctg_id=Cars2Poste
jbtoys.net/item.cgi?item_id= … TOY&page=1

Finally, there will be more Cars 2 hot stuff for the public on sale on Yahoo Auction in Japan. BTW Ebay isn’t popular in Japan.
auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/sear … a&slider=0

I don’t think I’ll update this thread a lot like last year. I hope you enjoy again.
Rey :smiley:

Sega Claw Crane
segaprize.com/sp/cars2/

Cars 2 Koshihikari rice
7netshopping.jp/food/detail/ … 2104860199

Yokohama Tires
yokohamatire-summer.jp/

[Updated July 31]
カーズ/カーズ2 stickers from the Disney Store
blogs.yahoo.co.jp/toystory1995/28944181.html

Cars 2/カーズ2 Tomica Cars
C-27
zacpac.ne.jp/SHOP/17542.html
C-28
zacpac.ne.jp/SHOP/17543.html
C-29
zacpac.ne.jp/SHOP/17544.html
C-30 Datsun 240Z
zacpac.ne.jp/SHOP/17545.html

‘gatcha gatcha’ Gumball Machine
The Mater washlet one is the best.
store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/yuyou … g110703s01

C2 Uniqlo Kids T-shirts
store.uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/ut/cars2/

awesome thread!!,

Man, Japan always gets the best toys!! Thanks for posting these!!

All this looks super fun and high-quality! I remember freaking out over the awesome Up merch from winter '09. Well, I guess it’s their gift for having to wait longer. 8D

Leirin,

I forgot I started an Up thread merch too. :blush: BTW, Cars 2 will be showing in theaters in Japan July 30th so there won’t be much of a wait this time compared to Up. :smiley: Anyways, from all this collection of Cars 2 merch I’ll be definitely collecting these cell/smart phone accessories. Go to 1:30 in the vid and you’ll see.

youtube.com/watch?v=ffEi3bIapYA

Hey Rey! Long time to talk! Thank you for all the information.

That is cool stuff. Japan even get’s better toys in Happy Meals.

Haha, most defintely!

Yeah. This reminds me, a line of claw-game toys for an old video game were released, and they’re all super high quality. In Japan, you can get one for the equivalent of 25¢. In America, you can import one for $100. :laughing: It’s quite sad, really…

It’s neat that you guys have the American import site, and the prices seem fair, too! I wish we had a fairly-priced option the other way around. I can never seem to get my hands on the cute Japanese Pixar merchandise, unless it’s a book.

OH! Hey, would anybody happen to know if they made a manga-version of Cars 2 like they did for WALL-E back in '08? And if so, does anybody have the ISBN so I can ask at the Japanese book store? That’d be FANTASTIC! :smiley:

Netbug009, got it. It starts selling tomorrow here in Japan. This is from the Japanese Amazon site.
amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%87%E3%82 … 965&sr=1-1

ISBN-10: 479736663X
ISBN-13: 978-4797366631

!!!

Thank you so much Rey! You are my hero!!! :smiley:

copies info down and plans trip to bookstore soon

Wow, Rey, you Japanese have it good! I was in an hobby store with my friend the other day and I remarked, “The Japanese are really good at merchandising.” This random dude turned and smiled at me and said “They’re the best at it!”

This same friend of mine is a Sinophile and was the one who accompanied me to watch Cars 2, so I can’t wait to show him all these merchandise vids. Thanks again for sharing, arigato!

Does anyone in other countries have Cars 2 toys for their Happy Meals? Maccas (What the Australians call McDonalds) here only has KFP2 toys, and as much as I love my Mr Ping figurine, I would much love one of Carla Veloso! Anyone wanna trade or sell that for me? :slight_smile:

Netbug009 and thedriveintheatre Don’t touch my moustache! In Japanese dooitashimashite! In English, No problems! Sorry for the late welcome. I’ve added some more stuff from Japan if anyone is interested.

Hey Rey, did you spot any Pixar references in Cars 2 that were written in Japanese?

Sky

I don’t remember any Pixar references written in Japanese in the film, but I’ll watch カーズ2 this Thursday again on Mens Day in Japan.

(Looks at the auctions on Yahoo) 1,000 Yen?!? But I don’t have that kind of money!

If you’re interested in buying something from Japan just dream about it. That’s what I do. I sound like a parent. Anyways, I have no more space left and I live on a budget nowadays, so yeah who buys this stuff. Not me. I just like to look at what C2 stuff for resale by regular people.