Cartoons you watched when you were little?

• Care Bears
  • Inspector Gadget
  • Animaniacs
  • Rugrats
  • Garfield
  • Pinky & the Brain
  • Ren and Stimpy (it scared me)
  • Rocko’s Modern Life
  • Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
  • The Adventures of Tin Tin (yay Tin Tin!!!)
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Hey Arnold
  • Super Ted
  • Pokemon (still love it =P)
  • Digimon (only the old ones, like when TK and Kari were little, after they brought in Davis it got kinda annoying)
  • Jackie Chan adventures
  • Winnie the Pooh (still love it =P)
  • Muppet Babies
  • Madeline
  • Looney Tunes
  • Batman Beyond
  • X-Men Evolution (still love it =P)
  • Arthur
  • Doug
  • Tiny Toons
  • Rocket Power
  • Catdog
  • Angry Beavers
  • Ah! Real Monsters!
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Powerpuff Girls
  • Johnny Bravo
  • Felix
  • Yu-Gi-oh
  • Recess

man i really miss some of those shows :frowning:

-Arthur
-Cyberchase
-Maya and Miguel
-Dragon Tales
-Powerpuff Girls
Unfortunatly, Most of my childhood we did not have expanded cable, so I missed out on a lot of good shows. Sometimes I wish I could have watched stuff like Teen Titans or The Chipmunks (even though this one has been over for a while, Cartoon Network used to show it) before they where taken off the air. Me and my sisters sometimes watch shows that are way to young for us because we never got to watch them as kids. :laughing:

All right! Kel and Rac thought of some that I forgot about adding.

Like,

Arthur
Ah! Real Monsters!
Tiny Toons
Muppet Babies
Doug ( that one I watched alot)
CatDog
Angry Beavers
Courage the cowardly dog
Johnny Bravo
Felix

I also forgot some that others had on their list.

Like,

Looney Toons
Goof Troop
Duck Tales
Tale Spin

I also grew up on, Speed Racer and Johnny Quest

I would say the show that I would pick from childhood would be, Rugrats or Pokemon? So many to choose from though.?

Like others I would still watch these shows, if they would be on, and some I do.

These were some of the main ones I used to watch:
(i’m sure there were more, I just don’t remember at this moment)

Bump In The Night
Animaniacs
Doug
Pepper Ann
The Tick
Pinky & The Brain
Freakazoid!
Ahh! Real Monsters
Rocko’s Modern Life
Looney Tunes
Dexter’s Laboratory
Catdog
Cow & Chicken

Here’s a few more which I may or may not have said already:

Jetsons
Secret Squirrel
Powerpuff Girls
Johnny Bravo
Dexter’s lab
Chattanooga Cats
Wacky Races
Saints and Heroes
In The Beginning: Stories from the Bible

Cartoons you watched when you were little?
Um… then at what age does one surpass being “little”? :sunglasses:

Well, a bunch of good shows have been listed… so I’ll mention one of my favorites here in-depth.

One cartoon that was an all-time favorite for me was the old “Rocky & Bullwinkle” show (I used to watch it in repeats on the local TV station because it’s from the 60s… but it’s also out on DVD now). This was a seminal cartoon for so many people. and it’s why the middle initial of so many cartoon characters has been a “J” ever since (Bullwinkle’s creator Jay Ward named his characters Rocket J Squirrel and Bullwinkle J Moose – and thus spawned “Homer J Simpson” and all the other 'J" initials whenever middle initials are mentioned for a cartoon character). For those who haven’t seen it, it’s about 90% language puns (thus, I doubt it would ever be translated into any other language but English) and is absolutely hilarious. I heard it was banned in Canada for years because it was thought to have “made fun” of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (In the “Dudley Do-Right” segments, Dudley is a well-meaning but stupid Mountie, whose horse is smarter than he is, and whose “girlfriend” Nelle is really in love with his horse). There’s Sherman and Mr Peabody (time-travelling dog with his “pet boy” Sherman), the “Fractured Fairy Tales” (everything from Cinderella to Aesop’s Fables completely screwed around with for modern day) and of course the best ones, the continuing adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (who live in “Frostbite Falls, Minnesota”). There would usually be two short 5 minute R&B segments for each half-hour show, and some of the plot lines would last for dozens of episodes.

There are lots of others of course, but I mention this only because it’s one often overlooked because of its age. Trust me, it ages reeeeally well. The animation was horrible, but it was only there to deliver the hilarious script lines. One of the funniest shows I’d ever seen.

Don’t forget the classic WB cartoons too, like “What’s Opera Doc?”

And yes, there were plenty of good cartoons in the 90s. Ahhh… the last of the “cel” era…

^ I remember when they made the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie, it was shown over on the TV a few weeks ago :slight_smile:

Also at moonstarms, I used to watch the Magic Schoolbus haha, such a great show as it used to help me pass tests and exams. I think I still remember the theme tune.

When I was really little:
-Arthur
-Cyberchase
-Flinstones
-Peanuts
-The Magic School Bus
-Winnie The Pooh

And more.

~~ JOHN•E

Sonic X(I hate Sonic the hedgehog!)
The Simpsons
WinX(I hate fairies,but I like wiches!)

Vortex, what’s wrong with sonic?

I like all characters in Sonic,but Sonic I hate!!!

I see that we have a different opinion here. I love Sonic the Hedgehog. I think he is really cool.

I loved the original Sonic cartoon, then they had to change it and go all “cool” on me.

Ah ha ha ha :laughing: Nice! I rented an old Sonic movie not long ago, just because they don’t show them on tv worth a darn.

My favorite character is Knuckles though, I like Sonic it’s just I thought Knuckles was (is) da bomb.

I like Rouge the bat and Shadow the hedgehog!

Nah, give me the good old Sonic and Tails cartoon anyday - sans Knuckles and that pink hedgehog, I forget her name.

Amy!

Yeah, her. Sonic annoyed me when they added all the characters and changed the setting to the future or wherever it was. Yes, the storylines were getting repetitive especially as the first animated series was based on a video game where all you basically do is collect rings, run really fast and jump on enemies. But for the most part kids don’t care and it’s what they want to see in an animated show.

:open_mouth:

I liked the original sonic with SOnic and Tails, but I really, really love the new sonic with all of the colorful characers with striking personalities. (Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Cheese, Big, Shadow, Rouge, Eggman, Team Chaotix, Silver, Blaze, etc)