Central Cars 2 Discussion

I love Pixar Wiki! :smiley:

Be careful on Pixar wiki though. They have more lies on there that you can shake a rumour at, I know this from experience.

Thank you Pizza Planet Truck

Now I know why he is in the movie.

Somewhere he is

You got that right. :confused:

Question: Why did [spoil]Fillmore and Sarge switch the fuel in the last race without telling Lightning? Fillmore even told Lightning in Italy that Allinol was safe, but, at the end of the film, he admits that he knew Allinol was junk even before he had discovered its true, sinister purpose.[/spoil]

I think it was because [spoil]it was the last and very important race that he wanted McQueen to win so he decided he didn’t trust Allinol for McQueen to get his best performance[/spoil]

[spoil]That’s the thing, he was talking about his own fuel, not Allinol. Pixar made him say that so we would think he was talking about Allinol. At the time, we had no idea it was Miles up to no good.[/spoil]

I’ve seen CARS 2 3 times so far, this Saturday I will probably catch it again (4th time) with a second view of Transformers 3,I’m loving the summer, Can’t Wait for harry potter 7.2 though

I’ve only seen it twice.

Well, I’m going for a second world tour hopefully next week! I want to see it in IMAX before they make way for Potter mania. :slight_smile:

And yes, I have seen Cars 2 (and rewatched Kung Fu Panda 2 right after that). What do I think? Well, I’ll write a review on that (of course) and you’ll find out soon enough!

Wow, Brian, you are a true Pixar fan! 8D This Saturday is my second viewing, and I only get to see it twice because it’s my 16th birthday party. Normally, I would only get to see it once until Christmas. 8D

I don’t think he did. It’s a multi BILLION dollar franchise. I work at an airport, and not a day goes buy where I don’t see Cars merchandise is some form, like toys, clothes or backpacks. And I’ve been seeing this long before Cars 2 hype started. Everyday I see little girls with Disney Princess stuff and boys with Cars stuff.

Hoo wee… I’ve been to KMart, Target, Big W, even a Toys’Rus in Adelaide and they’ve got a pistachio-load of merchandise! The amount of tie-ins are staggering! :open_mouth: Lightning McQueen diapers, anyone?

Anyway, here’s my review of the film. Lock and load, agents!

I’m glad to see you back around Pixar Planet! I already read your review, and sent a short reply on twitter. I really liked it, and you made many great points. I’m glad you pointed out the conflicting morals, I didn’t notice that!

Did they say when or how Doc died in the movie?

^ no they did not.

Okay, I didn’t think so. I wish they did.

So do I but I’m guessing that it was [spoil]quite a while before the Gran Prix since both Mater and McQueen were able to talk about it without getting deeply emotional and they had that monument and everything.[/spoil]

Yeah. That probably helped them support their decision of having it be 4-5 years later.

Although, Pixar could just be doing a fun little trend where they make the sequel take place the actually amount of time later since the previous film was made. TS3 seemed to take place about 11 years after TS2, as well, and it has been 5 years since the first Cars. Idk. I always thought the timeline working with the real world was kinda neat, though.

You’re right, it does line up! I think it’s cool too because it makes it feel more realistic in my opinion. As if their lives were going on for those 5 years without us and then when we sit down to watch them again it just happens to be when McQueen gets invited to the Gran Prix. Makes it feel like it’s in real-time you know?