Chinese Zodiac: which year/element are you?

I’ve never really liked my Chinese Zodiac (The Monkey). I never felt that it applies to me. I’m apperently the Water Monkey. I do get distracted a lot.

Water Monkey – Years 1932 and 1992
Water Monkeys are extremely sensitive and often feel hurt by the things that are said to them. They refuse to show their sensitive side to others and as a result, are extreme jokesters. If they can stay focused, they can succeed, but more often than not, they’re easily distracted from their goals.

looks like someone is 71 years older than me. :smiley:

I’m the Water Monkey, like ellie-jessie-eve.
chinesezodiac.com/monkey.php
But I think the description fits me (so does the most part of the simple Monkey description).
And I’m really easily distracted and awfully sensitive. I hate it, I feel stupid when I can’t stand criticism and offence. :confused:

I’m a Water Rooster like somethingguy912 :slight_smile:

Sa-weet!

I almost forgot this but in Vietnam my year (and this year) is actually the year of the CAT rather than the rabbit- partially people think because the translations of these two sound the same and Vietnam decided not to change there’s in line with the Chinese tale (in theirs the cat knows how to swim in the big race). Also because in farming in Vietnam doesn’t have much of an opinion on rabbits but love cats because well, they chased the vermin away and caught them so were useful too.

Anyone a dragon?

I am, that was my high school mascot! But on the Zodiac calender, I’m not! :smiley:

My little brother is!

zodiac sign?

Chinese zodiac sign. One of the 12 animals of the chinese zodiac, a new animal for every new year.

Tiger
Snake
Roster
Sheep
Ram
Rat
Horse
Pig
Monkey
Dragon
Dog
Rabit

Well my sister is a dragon (and I’m a rabbit- or cat in the vietnamese zodiac- there’s one year between us and I’m the older one.)

No, i know what zodiac signs are, i was just clarifying that EJE’s brother was a dragon zodiac sign, not a dragon mascot!

I’m gurgling up the rooster’s morning call.

Time to bump an old mentalguru thread! :smiley: Because I’m just in a Lunar New Year festive mood!

You can read my earlier posts about my Zodiac year. For those who don’t know, I was born in the Year of the Snake. I don’t know what element I am. But I know this year is the Year of the Water Snake.

I bought a copy of a local gossip/entertainment magazine, 8 days. It says that my fortune for this year, according to Fengshui expert Master Jet Lee (what a cool name!), is:

"The Good: There are no big issues with your health and no major career setbacks. Married folks may face more quarrels or disputes, but hey, at least you’re communicating about your issues right?

The bad: Ironically, this is not a good year for Snakes. Beware of offending too many people, especially when it comes to dealing with your superiors or the elderly. Learn to be more humble and show more respect. This is not a time to be too direct.

The Lucky: Face the South-west and West. Lucky numbers are 9 and 10. Auspicoius colours: yellow, brown, white and gold. Compatible signs are the Monkey and Rooster."

Feel free to ask me if you want your fortunes read for the new year! :mrgreen:

Last i checked I was a dog. Do I care about the palm reading, marmy shwarmy, voodoo stuff? Nah. Not really.

I want to hear my fortune! And TDIT, my father is a snake too. Ironic, because he hates them.

Sorry. Forgive me for being slightly immature about this, but i would see this to be an insult on other occasions. 8D

How does this work? I was born in April of 1995, does anyone know how I could figure out which animal I have/am?

Just go to this website to figure out what you are :slight_smile:

My Chinese Zodiac animal’s a pig/boar. I was pretty annoyed when I first found out (just because I wanted to be a dragon because I loved dragons lol) but now I think it’s cool. Pigs are awesome, yo. And according to the zodiac, people with this sign possess diligence, compassion, and generosity. (which is true to some extent as I always wanna help people out and give stuff away, and when I really wanna finish something, I finish something. heh) And my element is wood apparently.

I’m Wood Pig and I’ll save all of you with my mystical powers of compassion and generosity!!1

So I am a pig. Hm, interesting. I actually forgot I knew that at some point. But how that fits me, I honestly have no idea. I will give it some thought though. Ooh, Hamm is a pig, and he is quite logical like I always try to be! I’ll think about it.