Current Mood

Haha, I’m always in a hurry to get my schoolwork done, just so I can spend time on here. Pixar Planet is slowly taking over my life… :laughing:

lizardgirl - I’m afraid not. We have less than two weeks left to complete the assignment and it’s too late to change location now. I also just received a call from one of my group members (not the pushy one), who had a mini-nervous breakdown. She claims two of our actors may back out, but she was overreacting since they had no replied to her SMS. I told her to give them a call directly, and that if she was too shy, I could ask on her behalf (but these actors were her contacts, after all). I assured her if there were any problems, she should let us know so we can help us each other, and she thankfully calmed down after that. :slight_smile:

Current Mood: Happy and excited

I’m going for a hiking trip with some friends tomorrow! It’s at Chowder Bay, along its scenic costal trail. There’s some WWII relics like a hospital and a fort, and there should be nice sea views too.

I also spent my afternoon sketching my first HTTYD fan-art, and I can’t wait to digitally colour it in! :slight_smile:

I really should be logging off now (it’s a little past midnight), since we’re meeting up at 8 am in the morning!

Mood: Happy, surprised, and definitely excited! :smiley:

Reason: Yesterday morning I got a call from a really good friend of mine who works in HR for an insurance company here. We’ve been good friends for years, and she comes to my church and gives me rides to worship team rehearsals and such, and she’s also helped us out financially and in many other ways on more than one occasion. (Two years ago, she let me borrow her car for my driver’s test, and let me practice with it for several weeks beforehand!) Anyhow, yesterday morning when she called, the first thing she said over the phone was “I want to give you a laptop.” I was kind of shocked at first - that was the last thing in the world I had expected to hear!!

Apparently, it was one she had bought for work a couple years ago, but hardly ever used, and I had told her about some of the problems I had been having with my mom’s laptop a few days prior, but I never expected her to turn around and say “Here, have my old laptop!” She’s going to have her computer technician clean it out and take off all of her personal information, and then she’s going to give it to me.

It’s not the prettiest laptop in the world, but it’s practically brand new. It’s an IBM ThinkPad T500 with a 15 in. screen, 80GB hard drive, 1GB of RAM, and a 3G Wireless capabilities. My only qualm is that it runs on Windows Vista, and we have had nothing but problems with the only other Vista we have, so I’m a bit apprehensive about that fact - but other than that, I’m pumped! It’s really not as bulky or boxy as I imagined it to be, and it’s gonna fit nicely in my lap for writing stories on my bed at night. :slight_smile: And it will definitely get me by until I can get my MacBook Pro one of these days. :smiley:

little chef

Good for you, little_chef! BTW, I read your post about “Keep your head up high, and dust off your shoulders”…I absolutely love that song!

Mood: relaxed

Reason: Just finished my schoolwork for the day, and now I’m back here typing!!!

Wow that’s awesome little_chef_eva09! My laptop is someone’s old one they gave me too. It’s exciting isn’t it? :smiley:

Mood: Happy
Reason: Last day of school! And I played with my chicks; they chased a lazerlight. It was hilarious. :laughing: And one of them sat on my arm. The only thing I’m NOT happy about is it’s really hot, so I had to put my hair up in a ponytail.(I don’t like putting my hair up it makes me feel girly.) And I’m looking for hedgehog breeders so I’ll know where to buy one next year.

Cheerful and a tad bit hyper. :smiley:

Mood: Fed up, lonely, useless, fustrated

Reason: School. Friends. Lessons. This is something I’ve bottled up for a while. Today, like any normal Monday, I have Science last period. I don’t mind the subject itself, I even got an A in the last exam, but it’s the people in it. I don’t have any friends in there. Sure, I get along with a few people, but believe me it’s not the same.

So today I walked in bracing myself for another depressing lesson. I went and sat down next to an open window where my usual “group” sits. I looked around and saw one of my classmates talking to these horrible girls who ALWAYS laugh at me and whisper about me. I waited for her to come over, but to my horror she sat WITH THEM. Probably because her best friend was ill, so she decided to leave me and sit with those idiots instead. Probably laughing about me.

Then these boys who are part of our “group” came and sat at a table behind me. Then they started their usual wind-up, saying that I had a crush on this really ugly guy, but this time they said more people including the teacher! (I don’t like any of these guys BTW) And the teacher heard!!! :blush:

So I just sat there all lesson, on my own, about to cry. I tell my closer friends who walk home with me about this, but they don’t comfort me at all. It’s okay for them, they have lessons with friends.
I tell my parents, but the don’t understand. They shout at me and say I’m paranoid, and that I should “stop being a baby” and “it’s no wonder you don’t have any friends”.

Never have I felt so helpless in my life. I just need some love right now. But I don’t think I’ll ever get it. :cry:

Aw, Ami, that really sucks. But take consolation in the fact that you DO have some close friends, and that these science lessons won’t go on forever. As difficult as it may be, just try your best to ignore these other silly students and concentrate on your own work. And have some love from me! hug

Mood: Really happy and excited

Reason: I totally blew people away in my monologue performance/final.

Mood: :confused: (meh), half - :sunglasses: (chilaxed)

I’ve been having mood swings - I haven’t had them for months. It’s mainly caused by my real-life “friends” - for some reason they’ve all been two-faced at me, not just one friend, not just two friends, all of my “friends”. It really hurts when they do that. Maybe it’s because I’m socially dysfunctional, but, meh. :confused: Oh, and not to mention exams in 2 days, that’s a bummer.

Otherwise, I’ve been pretty chillaxed. Was able to catch up with everything I had to do over the weekend, so that was nice. Just hoping that everything will be better / return to normal fingers crossed

Mood: Sad.

Reason: Death of a friend’s parent.

Spirt of Adventure, that’s horrible. My condolences to your friend and their family.

Mood: Happy
Why?: I just realized TS3’s out in a month. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mood: I feel… old :confused:

Reason: I don’t know why, maybe it has something to do with the job application I found on my desk today, maybe it has to do with the fact that I realized today that I really need to shave, or maybe it’s cuz I really am growing up. I mean, I’m only 16, but I’ll be 17 in like, a month, and that means I’ll be an adult in 13 months. I don’t know, growing up was always one of those things that freaked me out. When I was a kid I never wanted to get a job, go to college, get married (that was a big no no to me :laughing: ) or just grow up in general, and now that it’s happening, I don’t know, it feels weird to me :confused:

mo: At least you still got college to go. I’m turning the big 2-1 this year, and my university studies are coming to an end. I’m going to have start earning my own keeps! :open_mouth: And yes, I’m very reluctant to grow up. I’ve tried most grown-up things like drinking, clubbing, watching Restricted movies, and they’re not all they cracked up to be. So enjoy these momentary fleets of youth now, before you turn into a man and have to ‘act matured’. :unamused:

Current Mood: Dread

My video production crew is coming to my house for a reshoot, and this time, they’re bringing three actors. Aiyaiyai… let’s hope my crib will still be in one piece by the time they’re done… :frowning:

Really sorry to hear that, Spirit of Adventure. I hope your friend and their family will be okay through this tough time.

I know how you feel, mo. As much as I’m excited to be leaving home this September, at the same time it’s so much easier and more secure when you’re younger. But there’s so much cool stuff that you get to do when you’re an adult, that it all sort of balances out.

Mood: Anxious.

Reason: I don’t really know why…Sort of similar reasons to [b]mo[/i] I guess, I can’t deal with change very well and things are going to be changing soon. But it’s worth looking on the bright side, as things could very well be worse!

Bored… 1,5 hour of homework ahead of me and then I have to finish reading a book… then write a 7 page report… then work on someone’s request on DA… by the time I’m finished, it’s been midnight. o__o;

Mood: Could i be any more excited?

Reason: Today is 18. Just a month for Toy Story 3.

Mood: down, worried ect ect

Reason: I’m starting to look for jobs for the next year before I go on to do a masters course but it really seems like there is nothing out there.
Also one of my closest friends at uni who I have known for 3 years and lived with for 2, left today without saying goodbye so that he could see his over demanding girlfriend.

It upsets me that after 3 years he leaves without a goodbye.

Sorry to hear about your friends parent Sprit of adventure. And Mo believe me 18 does not mean grown up, i’m 21 and may be leaving education but I am in no way a grown up.

I didn’t think of today being a month away from TS3!!! :open_mouth: Wow!
Mood: Normal
Reason: Normal day, doing normal things, being my normal gloomy self. Everything’s fine today. And I taught my brother how to say Nemo! :smiley: And as usual, I’m hungry and have to get myself a snack now…

Mood: Excited

Reason: I’m gonna watch Robin Hood tommorow after I get the next issue of the TI comic.