Custom Roly Clown: Restock on 3/29, thread gone in 2 wk

I Agree!

Hey Everyone,

I’ve had discussions with the moderators and it appears if I go through a simple task, they are going to leave my threads up, so this is an update on the Roly Clown and Troikas.

Roly Poly Clown:

I’ve been in contact with the company and they are working on getting me some dimensions that they feel will make the Roly Clown look the best. Once I look over those, I’m paying for the prototype and they should have one within a few weeks. Once the picture is out, I will be taking orders. So please do what you can to be ready when I place the order.

This time, it will be a one time payment. Last time, it became too much of a hassle to wait on the shipping. I thought I could save everyone money on shipping costs, but in the end I saved people like $3, and it was A LOT of effort to sort and ship that many troikas. Also, with my new job it occurred to me that I don’t have the time anymore to pull off that kind of massive shipping, so I’m going to let the company ship them out individually to everyone. I know their shipping costs and they will be included in the price. They do not ship international, so I will order anyone outside the United States with my personal clown and ship those out. I will need to purchase boxes and shipping should be between $13 and $15 for international. I will add that into international prices and if it ends up being cheaper, I’ll refund the difference. This will be the easiest and quickest way for everyone.

So if you have interest in the clown, please keep this in mind. I’d like to place the order BEFORE February 10th if possible. I hope they are easily affordable to all interested.

Troikas:

Extra troikas will be available in late march to early april. They are $75 shipping to USA, and $85 shipped international. If you pay by Feb 10th, you will be guaranteed a set, since I will have them make AT LEAST the number of orders placed by then. After that, it’s a gamble, it depends how many the company orders that I can provide. If you want troikas, please keep this in mind, and if possible, please pay by February 10th. You might wait a while to see your product, but it might be better to order now if you have the money, if you don’t have it in march, and I end up putting the rest on eBay (last set sold for $255) you might have wished you bought one at cost back in February.

Best Regards,

SLINK

P.S. Moderators were more than polite. I don’t really blame them for their contacting me, they are concerned about legal issues stemming from “the incident.” They never accused me of wrongdoing, at one point I just felt they wanted something from me, I could not provide.

Obviously this isn’t painted, but first prototype images!!!

Look’s amazing!

I’m happy to see everything worked out with the mods. Slink, do you know how much the clown is going to cost yet?

I think it looks great !

Looks great. Not sure on exact dimensions of what he should be, but his proportions look spot on so got to assume a lot of time has been spent making him as exact in size as can be assetained from the glimpses we see of him.

I was told less than troikas, but I then realized it needed to be scaled up (the sample above is about 6 inches tall, when it should be about 7.5-8) Not sure how this will affect the price

More info when I get it

You’ve done it for us again, Slink. Company looks like they got the scale spot on. Glad everything worked out with the moderators and I can’t wait to see the Roly Poly Clown prototype all clean and polished.

Hello Everyone,

I have some kind of bad news. The Clown would have had more or less the same cost structure as the troikas. However, that clown was only 6 inches tall, whereas, it should be 8 inches. Due to the material, machinery, the more we increase the size, the price goes up dramatically:

The good news: Since I have successfully sold a few troikas on ebay for very high prices, I’m using that money for the prototype, and will not be passing these costs onto you guys, unlike the troikas

Bad news: Clown will actually be more than the troikas. About $85 shipped to USA and $95 shipped internationally. Am I going to have enough interest to move forward with these prices? Please pm or post in the thread

THANKS

Slink

I still would be, but I wouldn’t be ready with the money for a long while, maybe until March or April.

I for one am still very intrested, i hope the feeling is shared, with the prospect of no more tsc lines, i hope you’re able to proceed with all your plans for the sake of all us toy story fans.

You can still count me in :slight_smile:

I would be alright with the price and considering I live in the Uk the pounds would be less than the dollars. My only problem is I would have to work hard to be able to get the money and I’ve just paid for a Rex and reserving money for the troikas so I may not be able to pay until April time maybe. However with that in mind, would I still be able to get one?

That does sound a bit pricey.I’ll have to think about it slink.

I still have to get Troikas in FEB so I would be interested in clown but I might not be able to purchase till about April like other people.

Ouch…but I’ll still be in at that price. The troikas were so beautiful they felt like a bargain as soon as I opened them, this figure will be the same I’m sure. If the majority were to go for an out of scale or non-jingling model I’m equally as sure that I won’t buy one.

Yeah, I’m still in. Seeing how much the Troikas have been going for on ebay makes me think $85 is still a good deal.

The company had to order some blanks big enough to make the 8 inch Clown, which they should receive Friday. Hopefully the first painted prototype image will be available next Friday or the following Monday.

Also, the price of $85 shipped for the clown is based on my assumption that around 20 people or more will want it. Because of this, I’m going to have a period of ordering a little longer than the troikas, and hopefully get at least 20 people together (as I don’t have the $1700 ish in my account right now to cover the whole order and wait) It will be absolutely crucial to get payment in ASAP on the clown. Also, the price of not being a part of the first (possibly only) wave will be astronomically different than the troikas.

If you want a clown after the first order, you are looking a little over $100.

So please keep this in mind, I know not everyone has the greatest financial situation, and I’ve tried to be flexible with troikas, but I don’t have as much wiggle room with these because of the price difference