Despicable Me

I finally watched Despicable me a few days ago and I think it was really good. The minions were cute and there were some funny scenes. It was a good movie :smiley: My little sister loves it, it’s the only thing she watches Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m really you guys like it! It’s good that it got a lot of attention, despite some more emotional animation coming out this year.

Seen this film yesterday and it was awesome! Ha, I had thought it would’ve been another comedy flick judging from the trailers until you guys told me otherwise! :stuck_out_tongue:

Really funny movie with some pleasantly surprising touching moments. Good voice-acting too, I didn’t even recognize Steve Carell most of the time! The minions were hilarious too.

Very well-made film, I wish there were more like it!

…Oh, and also… It’s so FLUFFY!!!1 8D

Glad you enjoyed, Badger! I love this movie.

Strangely this brought me closer to tears than HTTYD and TS3 did. I think it was the moment that Gru was balanced on the tightrope 50,000 ft in the air and reaching out to catch Margo from Vector’s aircraft, and he tells her “I will catch you, and I won’t ever let you go again,” that I started getting misty-eyed.

Yes, that scene is so sweet!

TDIT, it made me cry myself. But I cried at the [spoil]Big Strong Unicorn[/spoil] story at the end. <3

Teehee, TS3 made me cry five times but that was because I was blinded by my nostalgia goggles. HTTYD, be it my favorite movie ever, didn’t make me cry strangely, but Despicable Me? Almost. I almost cried. I… kinda forgot to be honest. Yeah, the part with that [spoil]“Big Strong Unicorn” book was really sweet.[/spoil] :smiley:

Hey, give my plush Diddy Kong and Conker a break, guys. They’re soaked by tears each time I watch a movie. :laughing:

The [spoil]Big Strong Unicorn[/spoil] scene was cute, but I saw it coming a mile away. :slight_smile:

The climax was more cathartic and emotional for me because so many things can go wrong at that moment, but Gru has redeemed himself and is willing to do whatever it takes to prove his love for Margo and her sisters, at the risk of his own life. :cry:

I also cried at when Gru [spoil]kisses each girl, and Margo hugs him and says, “I love you.”[/spoil] :`-(

[spoil]The way that scene was executed was just so perfect, even if it was predictable. It still makes my eyes wet[/spoil] :`-(

Exactly. It’s just a nice little movie over all, even if TS3 and HtTYD bested it in some areas.

IV and Leirin: Oh goodness, yes, that was such a touching moment too. Especially since Margo was the biggest skeptic of Gru, and how eventually she [spoil]forgave him for all his mistakes and ‘bad parenting’.[/spoil]

Despicable me was one of my favorite funny movies. I love it’s animated 3d storyline, stuffs and songs. Now i hope they will plan to make it’s sequel too.

If think I heard rumors about a sequel coming out, but I’m not sure if it’s confirmed yet. Does anyone else know?

I hardly remember the movie, I saw it in theater and know I was dissapointed with it, but that’s it

I kind of know what you’re saying. When I saw it, I had high expectations. I really liked it, but it wasn’t as great as I thought it was, so I left the theatre a bit unsatisfied. When I gave it a second watch I liked it even more. I guess that just goes to show to watch your expectation level!

Well, don’t get mad, but that’s how angled was for me. When I first saw it, I wasn’t thrilled, because I expected the best movie ever. Now, it is one of my favorites! Perspective. :wink:

I took this movie to band class and we watched it when we had a sub. Everyone loved it.

I once had a minion shirt (Whaaa?) but then I outgrew it.

My roommate has a minion poster. Nothing like a fellow college aged animation fan!