Despicable Me

There’s another trailer out. Honestly, I’m losing interest in the movie. These trailers feel like they all have a bunch of different styles of mood and humor. Can’t we just have a concrete trailer of the actual plot?

youtube.com/watch?v=Fw-9Ky5d-HE

I agree, it’s quite annoying that we keep getting random teasers without a ‘plot summary’, especially this close to the release date (this summer). I guess they’re gonna do it like the Wall-E or Up vignettes, but like Bryko mentioned, I’m hungry for more exposition.
I heard that music in a Carslberg ad once, and it’s starting to annoy me. Anyone know the name of that song in the background?

Finally! They’ve released a ‘narrative-based’ trailer instead of a vignette!

This is the best one yet, at least I laughed a couple of times. The two Minions look to be another set of interesting comic relief characters like Scrat (Ice Age) or Katie (Horton).

I’m getting a little annoyed they had to emphasize the “eye-popping” 3-D effect. Why is it a prerequisite for animated films to be in 3D nowadays?

The “three little kittens” scene got the biggest laugh out of me for some reason. 8D “Now make them drink the milk!”

Overall, I’m sorta interested, but I’m not convinced if this warrants a theatrical visit yet.

Anyway, see it for yourself. :slight_smile:

Despicable Me Trailer 4

Definately looks worse than what I thought it would be, now with trailers three and four out. I mean, I don’t wanna’ go around handing out bad film reviews but it just looks very unoriginal, and not as funny as the hundred kids thought the trailer was at the movie theater. I thought this would be GREAT when the first trailer came out, but now I think it will be awful.

Yeah, kinda feel the same way too. It’s playing out like an extended episode of Dexter’s Lab meets Three Men and a Baby (except now, it’s the inverse).

But Universal Pictures may surprise me. The only characters that look interesting are the Minions, and that ain’t a good sign. I do like how Steve sounds like a Soviet, though.

Man, I gotta keep reminding myself, this is not by Blue Sky Studios… :confused:

Yeah, I’m not really digging the new trailer. It would’ve been much cooler if they dumped the “3 little kids” plotline and just made it a Spy VS. Spy type thing. I didn’t really find the trailer that funny, either, besides the scene where Gru is reading the book to the kids. The character designs are alright though, the best ones being Gru and the old guy on the motor scooter. As for the voice acting, I’m not really digging Steve Carell’s fake accent, but it might just be the way that they like to mess with the voices in trailer editing.

So, overall, not really interested.

Well, it’s not Dreamworks, and it really does look pretty hilarious. I actually might go to see this!!

I’ll probably go see it, I might get some laughs out of it. Although I hope this isn’t one of those movies were they get the funniest moments, put it in the trailers, and then in the actual movies, you’ve seen all the funniest moments already.

Also like the fake accent though, sounds Russian.

To be perfectly honest I am far from impressed- Ice Age and Horton were good movies, (and the 2nd and 3rd Ice Ages were good too, if very badly connected with the actual timeline of the real ice age which annoyed me). Blue Sky seem better than this to me. I don’t think I’ll be going to see it. I mean if a friend drags me maybe…

Seems like a step down to me for Blue Sky studios. They have great potential IMO.

Blue Skies??? I thought it was Universal…I still want to see it. Ice Age= <3

Yeah, it’s not Blue Sky, it’s some new French studio that Universal is doing distribution for.

Ah, I SEE. Sorry for the mistake guys.

It still doesn’t look much good to me though.

More Despicable vignettes featuring those popcorn-headed henchmen. First up is a homage to their official broadcasting partner:

[url=http&#58;//www&#46;youtube&#46;com/user/kingbfla#p/f/7/8_JirBWvq9c:2v2yinm6]NBC Minion Peacock ident[/url:2v2yinm6]

Biggest Loser tie-ins; the Minions tell you how to get fit.

[url=http&#58;//www&#46;youtube&#46;com/watch?v=EO-pN_-y5YA:2v2yinm6]Minions on "The Biggest Loser": Butt[/url:2v2yinm6]

[url=http&#58;//www&#46;youtube&#46;com/watch?v=NEPZWtvVMKU:2v2yinm6]Minions on "The Biggest Loser": Bananas[/url:2v2yinm6]

And lastly, the original trailers with added minion animation to the MPAA rating card.

[url=http&#58;//www&#46;youtube&#46;com/user/kingbfla#p/f/5/mpdF9YQxJO4:2v2yinm6]Minions Steal Youtube: Trailer 2[/url:2v2yinm6]

[url=http&#58;//www&#46;youtube&#46;com/user/kingbfla#p/f/4/vBXE402ki90:2v2yinm6]Minions Steal Youtube: Trailer 3[/url:2v2yinm6]

[url=http&#58;//www&#46;youtube&#46;com/user/kingbfla#p/f/3/0mqUMQfKmg0:2v2yinm6]Minions Steal Youtube: Trailer 4[/url:2v2yinm6]

I’m a little annoyed they’re really pushing the Minions at the expense of the other characters. They seem to me like a poor version of Scrat, with ‘Alvin and the Chipmunk’ voices. Time for the other characters to get the spotlight? :-\

I’ll probably be avoiding this movie, mainly because it looks so generic. It doesn’t seem to have anything that makes it stand out from other third party CGI-animated movies, and the plot (or absence thereof) looks pretty thin.

On that note; I have to say that the marketing and advertising for this movie is just plain terrible. Of the three trailers I’ve seen (the original one, the one with him and the villain, and one with the minions), I have to ask; what the heck is the plot of this movie? If you’re going to advertise a movie - or anything at all, really - you need to tell the customer what it is they’re buying. As I watch these trailers, I have no true idea what the end product is going to be, and am therefore more confused than interested in the film.

Sorta-new poster:

Finally, a decent, heartwarming piece of marketing material! Although, I have to say, the ‘full moon composition’ is reminiscent of THIS and THAT posters… :wink:

I’m really surprised. Early reviews have been pretty favourable:

variety.com/review/VE1117942 … Id=31&cs=1
hollywoodreporter.com/hr/fil … 7105.story

Of course, they could be just patronising for a newcomer studio and there are the inevitable Pixar comparisons, but these may just raise my hopes that there’s more to D.M. than the lacklustre trailers.

Thanks to tribefan695 of Wall-E Forums for the links.

I’m actually mildly excited for this, even if I can’t see it in a theater.

From what I’ve seen I think it looks kinda lame. :confused: It doesn’t appeal to me so…

I like how it made me learn how to pronounce despicable correctly though… 8D; You know, I used to say it like despise-abble, but I just learned it… oh, whatever…

Badger: Have you read the reviews linked in my last post? I have a feeling it’s a case of the trailer editors stuffing up rather than a true reflection of the movie… (Maybe these were the same people who worked on Ra… Tangled’s trailer?)

On a side note, I learned the word ‘Despicable’ from Daffy Duck! Without the lisp, of course.

I’d actually like to see this. I might not get to see it in theaters, but I atleast want to see it when it comes to DVD. I like the minions, they look like walking twinkies.