Did you ever have a Woody doll like Andy?

It makes him say various phrases calling for Woody. Apparently it’s supposed to connect with another Woody doll or something.

Is his arm actually meant to hang down like that or is it broken or something? I’m pretty sure my old Buzz couldn’t do that, though it would be nice if it could’ve.

No, it can do that without being broken. It might just be the angle of the picture or something, though.

I remember my dad buying my bro and I Buzz and Woody figurines from McD Happy Meals back when the movie came out. I think I got Woody (I always like ‘straight man’ characters, while my bro gets the ‘mavericks’). My dad even wrote our names on the soles of their feet with a marker pen like Andy did. :slight_smile:

Speaking of that…

Cool beans! I think mine was lost forever… we moved house lotsa times. :frowning:

Ive had my fair share of toy story stuff. I had a pull string woody from like 97 for a long time. the string broke offi n like…99. I still have it but I got new one soemtiem in the early 200s. I got the room guard buzz a long time ago and still have that one. I have the Woody and buzz figures from hasbro that came out in like 2001. buzz acctually had a full wing span! I had countless other smaller figures I so wish I didnt lose. I had this buzz figure which was like 8 inches, it had a working lazer, and these detachable wings. I remember the box and everything. I cant find the same figure on ebay or anywehre else. Now I have the TSC Woody and Buzz.

I have a lot of toy story toys, lots of woody dolls, jessie’s and buzz. my personal favorite from the collection I have is a very nice movie accurate in many ways bullseye in scale with woody, jessie and buzz. bullseye seats woody nicely. i will put up a picture sometime soon.

I had a Hamm action figure, from back when the first movie came out. You could press the cork in his stomach and make a coin pop out of the slot in his back. I actually got it before I’d even seen the movie - my motivation being that I just love pigs, and when I saw that there was a pig character with his own action figure, I had to have it.

Actually, I believe that I still have him. He’s stored away somewhere in my old bedroom back at my parents’ house.

I had a Woody(still do) but he’s not in scale. :frowning:

Boy, do these guys have a story…

(Yeah, I did the boot signing thing too… well my dad did Buzz)

Now, my first Woody I got the night I saw Toy Story, but he was a plush bendy one, but he’s in storage somewhere with the rest of my Toy Story toys. The Buzz was from ‘95, and just about everything has happened to him (dropped on hardwood floors, fell down a flight of stairs). He still works to this day, my dad only had to fix his wing mechanism once. His speakers still sound great.
Woody is also from the 95’ line, but I think I got him at around '97 (I was dieing for a Woody doll like Andy’s). He’s still held up, though just barely. Some stuff he went through is:

• marker on forehead (I wanted to be like Sid)
  • juice spilled on vest
  • ink on shirt
  • the pull-string was ripped out by my cousin (but the hoop was saved so he could be fixed)
  • after seeing Toy Story 2 when I was 4, I wanted to give Woody his ripped arm, but one thing lead to another, and it came off completely. Thank goodness for Grandmas.

I’ve had a couple of Woodys

Ok, you can stop laughing now.

As and adult, I had a Thinkway Room Guard, half of the Buzz/Woody interactive set, the $25 TSC Woody (the one that didn’t talk), and the Burger King Woody. None of them were right, but the Burger King Woody was the one I had as a teen and I played with him a lot. The two Thinkway Woody had his voice box removed in hopes of rewiring it with actual movie sound clips (of Tom Hanks’s voice)- all that happened was that I butchered up the Room Guard. The Interactive Woody couldn’t be opened up properly- bless him for that.

I had two Buzzes, one was Flight Control Buzz and I had the original 1995 Buzz.

I later took them apart and made this from three Buzzes (like Sid)

Body is the 1995 Buzz, left forearm is Flight Control Buzz’s, and head is Nighttime Rescue Buzz’s. I got that head from a friend.

TSC Woody got returned to the shop and the leftover Buzz pieces got cobbled together and were sold on Ebay with the two Woodys. -Omar

I did! My 1995 original Woody (from Thinkway!) granny gave him to me that Christmas the movie came out. I was like 7 or 8 years old and he’s been with me since… I luv him so much!

He’s in pretty good condition and talks perfectly. He says: “Yee ha! cowboy!”, “There’s a snake in my boot”, “Howdy partner”, “My name’s Woody” and “You’re my favorite deputy”

He’s a bit dirty though, I’ve never wanted to wash him for fear of ruining his talking device… And yes, I did the name thing to his right boot when the very moment I got him, the ink is blurry 'cause of the years I guess.

i never had one as a kid, but the year that TS3 came out, i got my (Obsesed with Toy Story) friend a Woody doll from the local Disney store, and got myself a Jessie doll :smiley: she went with me to Disney World last spring (because i felt it was appropriate) though she stayed in the Motel, she now sits on my dresser and one day im going to get Buzz so they can sit together :slight_smile:

I never had an actual Woody doll, but I do have one or two action figures of him and one of the buddy figures of him. My brother got a Woody doll from a garage sale when he was maybe four or five. The doll was about six inches tall, had a voice box that was activated by pressing a button on his back or chest (I can’t remember which), a hat that wasn’t removable, and was missing his right boot. But even so, I thought he was the coolest thing ever and played with him more than my brother probably did. Also, my youngest brother (who is four) has the Talkin’ Sheriff Woody doll from Thinkway, and I probably use it more than he does. :stuck_out_tongue:

I do though have both Jessie and Buzz from the Toy Story Collection, and I love them both very much. :smiley: I would really like to get Woody sometime.

I have several Woody dolls, but I’m not quite sure which one is my first one.

In addition to the first Woody, I got another from around when Toy Story 2 came out. Almost identical, except this one I vowed to keep in good shape, unlike his unfortunate predecessor. Also, I think just about every self-respecting Toy Story fanatic wrote their name on the bottom of Buzz and Woody’s feet, myself included.

Now, I also always wanted an RC Car, but the best that was available in 1995 was the scaled RC for the smaller figures. It didn’t quite get the job done, as it was way too small for Woody (nonetheless Buzz), and wasn’t battery powered. I did get a battery-powered one years later, but it was the same size, and the remote was attached to RC by a wire. :-/

^I think I had that same wire-connected RC too! :D The wire broke several times, and even though my dad fixed it a good number of those times, I barely remember playing with it using the controller. I think it eventually broke beyond repair and we got rid of it. :-\

I didn’t, but my little brother had both Woody and Buzz.

I did. It even had the voice box with the string like the actual Woody in the movie.