Dino Time

Along with Delhi Safari, here’s another surprise newcomer (produced by Toiion in South Korea) from the international animation scene that’s scheduled for a US release on December 7, 2012, according to IMDb…

youtube.com/watch?v=LDxFdEOZHwA

…but NOT according to Box Office Mojo. Who to believe? We shall see…

I’m generally on the pulse of animated movies, but every year there’s at least one animated movie that comes out near the end of the year that I had no idea existed. This year, it’s Dino Time. I saw the trailer for it on Wreck-It Ralph and had heard about it on the movie release website VideoETA prior to seeing the trailer. I had figured it was anime when I saw the names of the directors, but was really surprised to see it CGI. The animation and style is very interesting. I don’t know for certain I’ll be seeing it in theaters, but I can say I most likely will check it out anyway. And it looks like it might be a goodie; besides its being animated, it has dinosaurs (which is a thing I’m kinda obsessed over) and Jane Lynch (whose roles in Rio, Wreck-It Ralph, and the Toy Story Toon, Small Fry are awesome and make me want to see her some more in animated roles!) :smiley:

Yeah, OWP, Jane Lynch is becoming the new Patrick Warburton for ubiquitous animation voice work. Maybe she caught the bug from him on Space Chimps.

I also missed Dino Time and Delhi Safari (both with Jane Lynch!) until their reported imminent release. At secret locations throughout the world, secret animated movies are being made secretly.

Seeing this trailer before Wreck-It Ralph a couple weeks ago was quite jarring.

What?! She was in Space Chimps and Delhi Safari!!! :open_mouth: Gosh, I’ve got to start paying attention to the end credits more; I didn’t actually realize she was in Rio until just recently…
And yes… I shall make it my goal to discover more of the hidden gems that are being made secretly around the world… :mrgreen:

OWP: I don’t know if “secret” equates to “hidden gem,” but here’s a reasonably comprehensive list of animation hideouts around the world:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7780&p=252437#p252437

Disclaimer: I follow this stuff fairly closely, but I still missed Dino Time and Delhi Safari, which are now added to the list. You never know what’s going to pop up!

True… not every film is a goodie, I was just thinking about the films that might just be gems; trust me, I know that they are some not-so-awesome ones out there. But whatever.

I’m curious about Dino Time, which might turn out to be a hidden gem…and seems more likely to be so than Delhi Safari. These two films are intriguing on the business end of things, in a way that illuminates the need to dig for gems in the first place. To wit: according to IMDb, both films are reportedly scheduled for North American theatrical release on December 7, by small, brand-new, apparently first-time distributors (Clarius Entertainment with Dino Time, Applied Art Productions with Delhi Safari). On the other hand, the usually dependable Box Office Mojo only notes the impending release of Delhi Safari, with no entry whatsoever on Dino Time. So it will be interesting to see how many theaters each is released to, if any at all.

If Dino Time comes to a local theater, I’ll see it with my kids if they want to go. Going out on a limb, it may be turn out to be the best CG-animated film to come out of South Korea so far.