Dinosaurs (the TV series)

What is Dinosaurs, you ask?

youtube.com/watch?v=QXiwXVrjYHc

That should sum it up. Witty writing, self-reference to their witty writing, and always deals with important issues. You know, like the last episode Changing Nature, where global cooling causes all of the characters to die a slow, painful death on-screen.

[spoil]The episode in question makes it clear that the dinosaurs won’t survive, but I don’t recall actually seeing them die on-screen.[/spoil]

Are spoilers really needed for a 90’s show?

I defiantly remember this show. At the time it was like a dinosaur version of The Simpsons (only now people will look back on it and compare it to Family Guy). Gotta love those Jim Henson creations.

BTW, I just watched the last scene of that final episode for the first time and it surprised me how deep and depressing it was.

Anyone have a link to the end on YouTube or something? I vaguely remember seeing it but would like to be refreshed.

We still have a big talking Baby in the loft of my dad’s house. Although being so old it kind of says “Nzz thzz zhzmomzzamz”

I loved finding out recently Jessica Walter was in it. LUCILLE!

Here it is: [url]- YouTube

Thanks for that. Bleak indeed.

I also remember some episode about how the grandmother/mother-in-law was going to be thrown off a cliff (or something) because she got too old and that’s what you do. I remember finding that worrying.

Wow. That’s so depressing…darn you, technology!! Oh, wait, no tech=no Pixar. Now I’m confused :confused:

Somehow I doubt that it’s saying that technology is inherently bad. Just that it needs to be used responsibly.

I was too weirded out by this show to watch it as a kid, but watching some clips right now, it’s pretty funny. I might check out a few episodes.

Changing Nature was, unfortunately, the VERY FIRST episode I saw.

I was, afterall, introduced to this show through a Cracked article.

I’ve never seen an episode of this show, but I may watch some.

So I guess your first episode was the dinosaurs being wiped out.

Well I never thought I’d end up drawing parallels between Battlestar Galactica and Dinosaurs in my head.

Yes.

Now please use a spoiler tag.

I remember this show very fondly; I had 2 VHS tapes of it with 2-3 eps on each tape back in the day.

Little did you know every episode which end up being available online between Youku and Tudou.

I’m the baby! Gotta love me!

“This show works on two levels!”
Indeed, that’s the way most of the shows I like work. Don’t brings hoes in the house =3

The first episode I watched was the one where the baby hatches. “Who’s the Mama? Who’s the Mama?”

It da mama!

You know, I wondered whatever happened to this show. I vaguely remember it, and it was fun to watch, but I only rarely got to see it. I had no idea it ended like that! Boy, that was sad.

[spoil]I want a MODERN Disney show to end with all of the characters dying slow, painful deaths. How about Hannah Montana?[/spoil]