Disney-Pixar Greatest Hits CD

I hope there isn’t a thread for this already…

Does anyone think they’ll be buying it? At first, I didn’t think it would be worth it since already have the all the soundtracks on my computer, but I thought I’d listen to the sample tracks on the Disney Records website, and it seems as if a few of the tracks are re-recorded. Such as the A Bug’s Life tracks, where they sound more brassy than the original 1998 version, and there’s an extra track not found on the ABL soundtrack: “A Bug’s Life Suite”. As far as I can tell the other versions are not new recordings, but you never know. So I think I’ll get this because it will be good to pop in the car CD player on a long drive, and so you get more of an appreciation for how good the Pixar scores really are.

Now, all Disney-Pixar needs to do is release a Pixar Short films soundtrack!!!

Dangit, I wasn’t going to grab this, but if the’re re-recordings they may just have lured me in.

I’m probably not gonna go for this one. I’m not a big fan of listening to film soundtracks on their own, and so even though I love the soundtracks of most of the Pixar films it’s nothing something I’d want to listen to on my iPod or anything. It’s cool that they’ve released this though, it’s perfect for people who haven’t got the individual soundtracks of the films and want to listen to the most famous Pixar tracks. I like the front cover of it, too!

I might get this if I see it in stores. I need some new cds for my car. But I think it is really cool that they put together a collection of Pixar music.

I’m definately getting this. I don’t have any of the Pixar soundtracks.

I have this… as a playlist in iTunes. rachelcakes, the track “A Bug’s Life Suite” is on the A Bug’s Life Soundtrack that I have- the most recent one available in the iTunes Store…

Oh, ok then. I didn’t realise that the earlier soundtracks may have been re-released on iTunes with different recordings. That’s cool. I guess there’s no real reason from now on for every recording to not make the cut, because of the unlimited iTunes space, when compared to a CD. I have the 1998 special edition version of the A Bug’s Life soundtrack. “The Flik Machine” on the Greatest Hits is also different from the similar track on the '98 release called “Flik’s Machine”. I wonder whether it’s a re-recorded more recent version, or from the cutting room floor of the first recording…

It woulda been nice for an exclusive track not included on any soundtrack already to be made available on the Pixar Greatest Hits CD, so there’s more of an incentive for people to buy it.

I think this would’ve been a great opportunity to include some Short film soundtracks, especially One Man Band or Boundin’. But alas, that is another topic…

Rachel, I used to have the old A Bug’s Life and Ratatouille soundtracks that they had on iTunes until my infamous harddrive malfunction. I ended up having to buy both albums again. Silly iTunes.

I got tis on my iphone and let me tell u it is
AWSOME :smiley:

This is really great, but there were several songs that I wish they would have included. I give it 9 out of 10.

Despite the fact that I have snagged most of the soundtracks (excluding Cars and the Incredibles haha) I’m tempted to get this. Slightly disappointed that a few songs I like were missing…

though it has two of my favorite songs “If I Didn’t Have You” and “When She First Loved Me” x3

I bought the CD the other day. I only have a few of the soundtracks, so I jumped at the opportunity to get this. It’s been fun to listen to. The booklet is neat too. It has some nice images of characters from each movie.

I got this cd for christmas, and it is AWESOME. i almost listen to it every day!

Hey, I have that CD too! In fact, it’s my most favorite music CD ever! (Tell me I wasn’t just saying that because… Guess who’s on the cover!)

I have officially listened to this CD enough times that is is unplayable in my car because it is scratched from driving. :cry: It’s such a good CD though!

I own this CD and I listen to it all the time!