Disney Princesses Come to Life

A photographer did a series with models dressed as Disney princesses and heroines. Pretty remarkable, I have to say. The photos themselves are just okay and I personally would have liked to see more dynamic compositions and lush backgrounds, but I think the models were good choices.

I would say the content in these photos are safe, as there’s no nudity. There is, however, a provocative shot of Jessica Rabbit, who’s, well… Jessica Rabbit, so what are you gonna do? 8D

io9.com/5899538/these-real+life- … -its-eerie

Ooh, I’ve seen these pop up on Tumblr before. You’re right, the models are spot-on! Though I think the photographer did do a fair amount of tweaking in PS, even on the models’ faces. I looked up the photographer after seeing these on Tumblr, just to find out more. This article includes photos of the models when they’re not in costume. Snow White especially looks so different from the photo, but perhaps she just went tanning after the shoot.
thechive.com/2012/02/03/cartoon- … 24-photos/

The photographer also has behind-the-scenes photos and info on his blog, if you’re interested. The coloring of the Rapunzel dress doesn’t look quite right in real life, which is kind of interesting. I guess he had to digitally alter quite a bit, even the costumes.
ryanastamendi.blogspot.com/search?q=disney

Maybe he kept the backgrounds simpler because he had to change so much on the computer, and it would’ve been harder to do that if the photo had other light sources, like if the shoot was outside (not that I know a lot about these things, I’m just taking a guess). It could’ve just been a stylistic choice, too. I agree with you, though, some of these would’ve been nicer if the backgrounds had more going on.

It’s such an interesting project, thanks for sharing :smiley: I hope he works on more princesses and Disney female characters soon.

I really find these interesting. I think Jasmine and SW are all wrong, but these are very good.