Doc- The Fabulous Hudson Hornet

Totally the agree with you. He helped make Pixar what it is today. I really miss his influence on Pixar’s latest movies. Although the latter films are great, the flicks Ranft worked on were gold.

Anyway, back on topic, I’d love it (if Pixar ever returns to Radiator Springs - in more tall tales or in another movie or short) if the townsfolk created a statue in memorial to Doc. He deserves to be remembered like Stanley! Although, we do already have the Doc Hudson wing of the museum, a statue would be sweet! :sunglasses:

I thought they should of had a pre match tribute to him before the first race in Tokyo. Something similar to what they did in the first Cars where everyone saw him back during the final race.

A statue would be sweet, that would of been cool to see! I like how they re-named the Piston Cup after him though, that’s just plain awesome. :sunglasses:

I would of loved to see that too! And then they could of showed Lightning all proud and stuff. “Hear that? That’s for you, you crazy old grandpa car.” :smiley:

While that would be great for us, the movie is quite long as it is, and that hasn’t anything to do with the plot, so it would be unnecessary, and just fan service, really.

While I agree it has nothing to do with the plot, I thought it could of personally worked. It’s one of those things that can go either way by how you look at it.

Well, it could have worked if they had cut something else. I thing a lot of Radiator Spring parts were overly long, particularly the Mel Dorado phone call scene.

Wasn’t it that one scene where Francesco was on that one talk show?

Exactly, when Mater called and entered McQueen in the Grand Prix.

I kind of thought that Mater being involved with that scene was a little unnecessary.

I think it was an important thing to Pixar to make sure to revisit Radiator Springs and do it properly. Although the Mel Dorado scene did seem sort of long, it was a super important scene. It was actually pretty creative, in my opinion, of having Lightning being entered into the WGP like that. :slight_smile:

I agree. I sorta liked the little words exchanged between Lightning and Francesco on the show.

It was important because he entered in the race. That was relatively short.

But then Francesco and Lightning began to insult each other (and Mater to do his dumb things), all with comedic pretensions that didn’t work so well, at least in my audiences.

I think the “jokes” there were overlong.

I agree. The Mel Dorado scene would of worked much better if it was just Lightning there and not Mater and his goofy antics.

Exactly! I don’t mean the scene isn’t important. It should be there, but shorter.

Well, we obviously know the relationship Lightning developed with Doc (even though it was horribly depicted in the sequel), what do you think about the relationships he had with the other residents? Mater or Sally, for example.

Did anyone else notice the Doc easter egg in The Incredibles? :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

Yep. Also, Luigi is on Finding Nemo.

No way! Where?

Oh, that is so super awesome! Doc being in The Incredibles, I mean. I also think Sheriff and Red were in it. :sunglasses:

SallyMcQueen: Remember when the tank gang finally escapes at the end of the film? Well, I believe right after Peach jumps into the water Luigi passes by on the road. I think you can see him begin to pass in the previous shot as well. Just the little top of his hair. :laughing: :smiley:

Interesting find SallyMcQueen!