Does anyone have film ideas?

exactly…i think i might have misworded that…

I make stories for children-teens unlike the standards of stories we have today like The Dark Knight…i do ones like TI or Redwall.

I’m writing…

Communism 2012 (The coming epidemic)
A journal for the years 2008-2012
11;11 2011…a weird story…i might create it soon.
Presto Chango…
Interactive story…

Phew i got lots…

I’m currently pre-writing and developing a series of books involving a future war between the people of Earth and the humans whose ancestors colonized Mars. The Mars colonists feel a large sense of nationalism, and that’s why war is declared, but the even more complex conflict comes when those on Mars who don’t want a war decide to fight back. This would be set in about 2550, give or take a few years. The whole series would be told from the point of view of the first radical martian rebel leader, who changes sides in the middle of the series and is overthrown by new rebel leadership.

The planned series outlines five books in its proposed events:

[i][b]Mars

Earth

Venus

Mercury

The Sun[/b][/i]

That sounds really cool, TS2! A big project, certainly, but there’s a lot you could do with an idea like that.

TS2 Yah…Star Wars-The Mars Edition.

You could so get onto rabbit trails and little episodes…great idea.

Thanks, guys. I think it’s the best idea I’ve ever had.

I do have a film idea, and I’m starting to develop it, but I’d rather not share it here, due to the fact someone might steal it. But I will tell you that it is a mystery comedy.

Here’s an idea that I just wrote a treatment for and may turn into a screenplay soon. Two out-of-work actors who are far apart in years are both asked by a paparazzi magazine going through a dry period if they would create an unreal scenario in which they are ‘dating.’ But soon, they find out they really love each other.

Yes, I have PLENTY of ideas. TOO many, in fact. What happens is I come up with a story and begin to develop it, but then a new character pops up in my head and I create a separate story for them. If I don’t get it out on paper, the characters keep appearing in my mind (please don’t think I’m crazy), and it becomes overwhelming. I have about seven or eight going right now, but maybe about half have a pretty solid outline ATM. It’s crazy with all this work, but I love it.

Anyway, the stories… Close to none of them are fantasy/high-concept. They’re all very, very simple stories that allow me to develop the character and show them interacting with others and their environment (and themselves, if that makes sense). What I enjoy most is taking a mundane experience that anyone can relate to and turning it into something interesting. I want to learn the fundamentals of filmmaking before I start using plots like you see in most animated films today.

I won’t share anything more until I have a storyboard ready! Maybe I could post some of my character designs later.

I’ve had several stories that stuck in my mind for a while and I only wrote out like five of them on paper.

But the one I like the best I actually thought of after watching Howl’s Moving Castle (it clicked the idea). And it’s one of those stories where, if you summarize it, it will sound like such a cliche kind of movie, because that kinda “theme” has been used so many times: a kid is somehow transported to another world and he learns a lesson and he can never return to the world after he goes back, etc. Lol.
And the boy like really screwed up his life and then he gets into an accident and goes unconscious and mysteriously wakes up in what appears to be the same day, and then goes through the same day with deja vu of everything, then gets into the same accident, and goes through this cycle for about four times, at the fourth cycle, becomes insane and at the fourth accident does not return consciousness. (I mean eventually he does at the end)
I decided to call it Alternative for now, because again, as cliche as it is, the boy meets another version of himself (after going unconscious for the fourth time), who, (again how cliche) happens to be complete opposite of him, and his mysterious “other” and him go on a bunch of adventures and on the way gives him a very difficult choice between two very important things having to do with the situation they’re in and the choices he gives him are clever because they also apply to some of th choices the boy had to make in his real life.
Ima shut up now because if I keep going Im gonna end up writing like three pages :laughing:

It’s high time I brought this back.

I’ve recently got an idea to do a film version of the legend of Spring Heeled Jack. If you’re not familiar, here’s the Wikipedia article:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Heeled_Jack

I’m sorry if that came off mean, but I suppose it didn’t come off as anything since everyone ignored it and probably didn’t even read it (because, durr, I wrote it. :stuck_out_tongue: That’s enough of a reason.)

I just don’t think it’s a smart thing to do, that’s all. I mean, I always find that I unintentionally steal from pre-existing works as it is.

I’ve been busy in pre-production heck on an actual film project called The Soccer Player. We film this summer! I’m so excited for it, and I’m also excited to finally return to the forums!

I have an idea about a movie called The Giant about were there is a big giant attacking every single city in the planet and a guy is trying to stop it. This is my trailer description:

2 men are eating outside a restaurant
Man 1 “Nice to spend a day with my brother”
Man 2 (Alex, his name in the film) Yeah,bro a-
Man 1: Wait, hear that?
music starts playing and it says “On Friday June 13”
Alex:We should get out of-"
a giant foot crushes restaurant a brick hit man 1 and kills him, screen fades to black
Car turns to a car, car flips over
screen fades to black again
cars flip over and bus flies in a big building filled with windows and hits people, a man screams as he falls out of the building*
“Prepare”
Alex:“I want revenge over this, this thing!”
Priest: Satan is here.
screen fades to black Priest: He always has (has he’s saying that, Alex turns around and screams)
Man 3:We gotta get outta here!
“To See”
Alex:No food, no water, nothing
Alex steps out of a car
A car flies through the air
You see a big foot
a man on the ground reaches out to Alex
a man falls to the ground
a man points a gun at Alex
a building breaks into little pieces
book self’s collapse
a big explosion happens
a man looks up into the sky
a man fires a gun
screen fades to black
Cpt: Peter: How tall is this thing?
Alex: 65 feet and and 8 inches
man walks in
man 4: Sir, this thing this destroyed Washington DC
screen fades to black and you hear a loud roar
“The Giant”
“Friday June 13”

I’m nervous about posting this, since this has been a passion project of mine for the last six months or so, and I don’t want anyone stealing it.

Anyway, Clint Eastwood, the Academy Award-winning actor and director recently announced that Gran Torino will most likely be the last time he acts in a film, although he said that, “if a good Western comes along, you never know”. Eastwood is known for his roles in Westerns, including the Dollars Trilogy (A Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly), The Outlaw Josey Wales (also director), and, to a lesser extent, I suppose, the Dirty Harry films. Nearing age 80, he shows no signs of slowing down. He made his directorial debut in 1971 with Play Misty for Me, and continues his magic to this day (with such sucesses as The Bridges of Madison County, Space Cowboys, Blood Work, Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Flags of Our Fathers. Letters from Iwo Jima, Changeling, and Invictus).

To that end, as I said, six months ago, a got an idea in my head for an acting vehicle for him - a Western, classic but modern, with Eastwood in the lead as an aging cowboy. Yesterday, I thought up a title for the project - Into the Dust. No idea who could direct it yet, I don’t want Eastwood to.

That, and also a Dirty Harry film. Now, since he’s nearing 80, people will say, “What the hell are you thinking? 80 years? How could he play Harry again?” Well, advancements have been made in stunt work to aid someone like him - it was there with Ford in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Eastwood is clearly much older than Ford, so I highly doubt he would be up to making another one, but I’ll just write it for myself, and see what happens.

I have no idea if these projects will ever come to be. I’d like them to, but for the most part, I’m writing for myself, and want to focus on the story more than anyhing else.

Yeah, but my idea is a story that I actually wrote and I’m working on a sequel.
I call it “One More Day”. If anyone wants me to post a brief summary of it, don’t hesitate to ask. All I’m gonna say is that takes place in the year 2015 and there is a vampire war going on. Make of that what you can. Also, me and some of my old elementary school friends are the characters, and I borrowed a character from Kingdom Hearts and a character from the Spider Man comics. I might post it in the off-topic section later if you guys want me to.

I dream of making animated films some original ideas and some adaptions.

Adaptions:

The Phantom of the Opera
Daniel Webster and the Devil
Romeo & Juliet

:arrow_right: (You cannot use these) Original Ideas:

Jack Emonic
Mechalypse
The Voodoo Doll
Assasins
Superheroes

OK. Well, it’s still largely a secret, but I’ve had this idea for months that I’d love to turn into an artsy short film some day.

It’s basically about this race that was separated ages ago, and now their country is split (like Korea). One side is composed mainly of bright and typical “cheerful” colors, the other is more dark and relaxed. What happens when someone from the brighter side wants to break out of the box and see what’s behind the wall? Anyway, I won’t spoil the rest in case I ever do make this. :slight_smile:

That sounds like a pretty good idea!

Thank you! :smiley: I’m still trying to flesh out the idea to make it more original (it’ll probably have a depressing ending), as it’s reminding me a bit too much of Day and Night so far, heh. :slight_smile: