DreamWorks announces Me and My Shadow.

^That’s exactly what I’m scared of. It would be such a shame because this is one of the only recent DW films (apart from HTTYD2) that I’ve really been looking forward to. :frowning:

I think my interest in DreamWorks may be waning as time goes on.

My number one favorite DW franchise seems to be stuffed in a forgotten storage locker, probably next to the room where the janitor keeps his cleaning supplies.
It’s Monsters Vs Aliens.

How to Train Your Dragon is my number two DW franchise.

Megamind and the Croods are ones I enjoy.
Kung Fu Panda, I find amusing, but not a serious fan.

Shrek and Madgascar, which seem to be the main focus of DreamWorks, just don’t interest me.

I avoided seeing Mr Peabody because I’ve grown tired of tv shows/books/comics/computer games being adapted for movies.

Judging from this analysis, it seems I’m better off with Dreamwork’s one-shot movies, since the ones that get sequels and spinoffs don’t really engage me (HtTYD excepted of course!).

Not that I’ll say no to sequels of the movies I listed in this post if they should happen to make some…

I was actually wondering what this site’s general consensus on Mr. Peabody was. I am curious to see it, even if I’ve only seen a few episodes of the source material quite a few years ago.

filmdivider.com/8059/concept … my-shadow/

I used to be excited about this movie. At the time when it was announced, DreamWorks movies were increasing in quality. But in recent times, they haven’t been appealing to me outside of a few movies. I haven’t even bothered to check out the trailer for Home. I wouldn’t be surprised if this interesting idea ends up being something more like Turbo or Megamind, and less like How to Train Your Dragon.

I really hope this comes out. It looks like a lot of fun, and if it was released in the middle of Pixar’s creativity slump that’d be absolutely fantastic.

Does anyone know the current status of this film? I haven’t heard anything about it in a while.

According to the DreamWorks wikia, the movie is getting a rewrite and production has been halted until that is complete.
I guess ithe original script was deemed unsatisfactory and it’s getting redone for some reason.
It is currently classified as in development at this stage.

A release date has not been specified, so depending on how much work has been done since the last status update (2013), assuming a ballpark figure of four years production time, I’d estimate release date will be 2017.

According to the article, the Peabody and Sherman movie took it’s place in the release schedule (March 14 2014).
I don’t know about other peoples opinions, but I’d rather have had this movie instead of that one.

I hope it’s true that it’s still in development. I was worried Dreamworks’ financial troubles might have killed off the film.

^Hopefully this will be the movie that brings them back from the brink.

I really hope they’re still making this. It’s one of the few Dreamworks films I’ve actually been looking forward to.

Minus HTTYD 2 of course, prior to its release. :slight_smile:

I’m still down for this if Josh Gad is still in the cast!