Dreamworks Working On Lidsville Adaptation

I’m starting to turn into the Dreamworks guy around these parts.

Dreamworks is working on an adaptation of a Krofft Brothers show known as Lidsville

I’ve never even heard of this show. Admittedly I draw a huge blank when it comes to programs by the Krofft Brothers. Blasphemy, I know. But it’s the truth.

It seems like we’d be in for one weird movie though. Check out the theme song.

What are your thoughts?

Is it just me or has Dreamworks been announcing a new movie literally every other week?

At least some aren’t sequels. :stuck_out_tongue: Besides, it’s a nice contrast to Pixar giving us no info. :neutral_face:

It seems we won’t get rid of Dreamworks’ movie announcements, there are still around 10 yet to be announced. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lidsville, eh? That’s reaching pretty far down into the barrel, even if Sid and Marty Krofft hand-picked it. Personal preference, Far Out Space Nuts (with Honk) and The Lost Saucer (with the Dorse) would be more welcome…but the Krofft brothers are surely better judges of quality than this viewer.

Just in case any DreamWorks development teams are peeking at this thread, here are a few worthy shows NOT made by Sid and Marty Krofft…prime pickins’ for modern interpretation:

The New Zoo Revue youtube.com/watch?v=9CFNAuVYc78

Marine Boy youtube.com/watch?v=vNl_X85vF9s

Monster Squad youtube.com/watch?v=LuFO5QzT9fw

Davey and Goliath youtube.com/watch?v=6Sy8IaJIbkU

Stingray youtube.com/watch?v=E06cNv55jTs&NR=1

I agree with this. Its hard to be excited for any of Dreamworks’s upcoming films when there are like twenty of them announced, its hard to tell which ones have a chance at being good.

Anyone who knows me knows which ones I’m most excited for. And the ones I’m most confident will be pretty dang good.

And I think they’re just trying to fill out the decade. Remember a lot of Pixar projects were in the works almost a decade prior to release. The same goes for any studio. There’s bound to be a few duds in there, but there’s also a greater chance of some pretty darn good ones. And maybe even a few greats.

I don’t think this is going to be one of them.

COMING SOON

A boy and his headgear learn the true meaning of haberdashery!

Heads up!

Sometimes a little adventure is always on your mind!

I’m sorry guys, I cannot keep these up and continue to respect myself.

One more: I’m certain that the film is going to begin with the line “Off the top of my head…”

Out of all those movies listed in the Upcoming Dreamworks Movies, at least one has to not be an actual one. I bet someone added one or two, that’s a hecka long list. I perfer quality to quanity.

I’ve never even heard of Lidsville.

I know this isn’t much, but Allen Menken recently tweeted this.

LIDSVILLE is underway…FINALLY. Back to the 60’s. Peace, love and psychedelia! And DreamWorks is pretty great. So many old friends there.

mobile.twitter.com/AIMenken/sta … 2543192064

I had forgotten about this movie. But after seeing that tweet, specifically 60’s and psychedelia, I won’t forget it again. Can’t wait to start seeing and hearing some of the work from this movie.