DVD Issues, Anybody?

How does the packaging scratch the disc, Axiom? That sounds really irritating, especially if you like to look after your DVDs and make sure they stay all nice and clean.

Lizardgirl- The packaging slot the discs go in are quite hard. So you have to be very gentle. It gets annoying because it is one of my most prized possessions and I want it to last. I usually just keep Disc 1 in my computer for background noise and visual a lot! But Disc 2 has the BnL shorts on it, so that needs to be taken care of! Buy n Large is my top priority!!!

All 3 discs work fine for me, though I do notice a scratch or two developing on them. Hard to imagine how the package could damage them, seeing how it’s made of paper and all. :confused:

Perhaps I should get a standard 3-disc DVD or Jewel case to keep them in…

Mmyeah … seeing as the 3-disc is $39.99 and has a chance for it NOT to work … I’m probably not going to buy it until I’m absolutely certain that it won’t be an entire waste of money. :-\

I seem to be having a problem with my DVD. It seems to do this thing where you can’t touch it, or hold it, or see it, or watch it, or smell it, or hear it. My DVD seems to be all around non-existent.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

My 2-disk Blu-Ray is working absolutely fine, and I’m being extra-specially careful to avoid scratches. I bought it from HMV, so if there was a problem with it, I’d just return it anyway.

Are you saying you bought a DVD and there was no disc inside? If that’s the case, exchange it, or call Disney DVD consumer relations.

I’ve seriously never heard of this happening. I don’t see how it COULD happen…

Pewpewpew5522 - Hmm. This predicament seemed a bit strange at first, but I think I’ve figured out what the problem is. My guess would be that you didn’t actually order the DVD, therefore it wasn’t delivered to you, so you don’t actually physically have access to it. Maybe you got to Amazon or eBay, looked at the DVD’s order page, but forgot to order, maybe the payment fell through, maybe you dreamt that you ordered the DVD but didn’t actually order it… I don’t know what the full situation is. But the end result is you don’t actually own the DVD. My best advice would be to try ordering the DVD, and get it sent to you so you can physically have the DVD and make use of it. Now, this explanation may be a long shot, but I hope that’s helped you. Good luck.

I finally got my activation code for my digital copy. I downloaded it to the computer and now I can’t get it on my mp3 player. I am so frustrated!!!

The case it comes in is very … well, it’s cool, but the DVDs slip around, so when you buy your DVD, the first thing you need to do is get them out of there and put them in another case or a DVD book or something. That’s what I did, and they’re scratch-free. :smiley:

My DVD got scratched in transit because of the silly packaging. >:[ I can still watch it, but it just skips for a second at a time for the first 20 minutes of the movie every few minutes or so.

That stinks. :frowning: I mean, unique and interesting packaging and all but … well, it needed a little clippy-center thing that holds the disc in place, and it didn’t. That was its’ flaw. :stuck_out_tongue:

They probably should have used something like PaperFoam trays instead.

Just a bit of info for anyone having trouble getting past the copy protection on their DVD. I did a bit of searching and it does seem as if Disney has put their new version of their copy protection system on their DVDs, including with WALL•E. You should try downloading Ideal DVD Copy. I was having trouble even playing my DVD, the reason being either the different region code of my computer and the DVD conflicting against each other, or the new copy protection on the DVD. AnyDVD didn’t work, neither did DVD Shrink when all I wanted to do was watch the movie on my computer. So give Ideal DVD Copy a try if you are having troubles too. You can use it 10 times before having to pay for it. Just make sure AnyDVD is turned off otherwise it won’t work.

Oh, and I don’t even know why they bother with that digital file on disc 3 - the quality isn’t even good enough to make graphics, let alone watch.

Another great DVD ripper/decoder that works for WALL-E is a little program called DVDFab. It is a free download and does not require any activation to use the decrypter. The full version is available for purchase if those features are needed.

Here is the link:
[url]http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm[/url]

It worked beautifully for me.

My special edition DVD discs don’t look scratched or damaged at all, but they freeze and skip.

This is not an Amazon issue. I bought mine from Target. :confused:

I’m waiting a bit before I exchange it, because this seems to be a problem with a lot of Wall-E DVDs–dimly hoping it gets corrected before too long. What burns me is that Target (and probably most places) won’t let you return DVDs, only exchange them, because if you try to return a DVD you are almost certainly a dirty rotten pirate.

Oh dang, Lol :laughing:.

One of my sisters recently got the 3-Disc Edition of the movie for this past Christmas and I was watching the movie on it yesterday, and I did see a few stalls here and there on the FPS of the movie.

I was believing that it was the DVD/VHS Combo player that I have, until I read this thread about defects on the DVDs.

The first time I bought Wall-E on DVD I got the 3-Disc Special Edition, and I also had the first disc not playing right cause of that eco-friendly recyclable packaging it came in. So after that I just bought an extra copy of the movie from the single disc release and still kept the special features disc and digital copy that I already had, and they all play fine now. Simple solution.

My DVD has issues as well. But I plan on getting a Blu-Ray player soon so maybe the Blu-Ray version will be much better.

I’m getting the UK 2-disc edition for Christmas. I currently don’t know if it’ll come in the special packaging or a standard DVD case (They are avalible, surpisingly, at least in the UK I think).

I did see pictures of the special packaging and thought of something that could’ve also helped keep the disc in the slot. They could’ve placed tabs across certian points of the disc holder itself, therefore keeping the disc in better. Might not’ve been the ultimate solution, but it could’ve worked.

Note to self: When opening special case, open with front side facing up/laying flat.