Episode 6: "Catching UP"

Heimlich: Is that officially affiliated with Pixar Planet? Never seen it before.

Anyways, it’s not working through there, even though it took me a while to get through all those obnoxious picture comments- took a while to load but no luck. Oh well. One day, I’ll be able to load one of these things.

I’ve uploaded it to Google Video if that makes it easier for you.

You are most welcome, rachelcakes! :mrgreen:

By the way, at first I read “hoisting” as “hosting”. Heheh. It made sense halfway through the sentence.

1 night of recording and a few days of editing.

Oh yes, we plan on incorporating forum stuff into future episodes. The purpose of #6 was to update the podcast and discuss the merger while it’s fresh.

Thank you very much for your feedback. :wink:

~~=oP

phew

I thought my opinions and suggestions written here might have been taken as being “pushy” or “bossy”. But I’m happy that you appreciate the feedback PV, and can see where I’m coming from. I can’t believe that it only took three days to do that! Great job, guys. :wink: But anyway, you’re very welcome in regards to the feedback. :mrgreen:

I look forward to the incorporation of the forum into future episodes, and can’t wait to hear how it will be done. This is so exciting! Also, I forgot to say this before but my favourite part of the show was the introduction with the Ratatouille intro plus the old-timey music mixed with footage of Radio Pixar. He he.

Another question: What can we expect the schedule of Radio Pixar to be like from now on?

I know I would rather one show per month, rather than you guys pushing yourselves to get in a show per fortnight but then it getting delayed and you guys eventually getting burnt out, again. It’s quality, not quantity that matters. :wink:

We hope to make Radio Pixar a monthly podcast from here on out.

~~=oP

bawpcwpn: Thanks, but my computer can only handle Youtube videos. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m supposed to get wireless soon so hopefully that’ll change things. I just don’t understand it though- it loads it for a while and then it just quits. It never did this before …

No, it is not officially affiliated with us. (Unless the rest of the admins went and started something while I was buried up to my eyeballs in books and didn’t tell me… :wink: )

It was great to hear (and see!) a new podcast from you guys. The pictures added a lot, even though they were only screenshots. I’m not going to ask you all to go out and get webcams, so I think the screenshots will suffice just fine.

Speaking of screenshots, I made Radio Pixar, too! On the Facebook page, mine is the fourth image from the left…

Once again, great job you guys!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. If you’ve got any suggestions on what could go in a video version other than just screenshots, please let us know.

How about showing A113’s PowerPoint video of WALL●E? It’s perfect for this new medium.

bawpcwpn: Though I haven’t seen it, real video footage could work, perhaps not necessarily of the speakers but clips of a film they’re talking about.

I wish it would load for me … perhaps if someone converted it to audio only- though it defeats the purpose of the video it would be easier for me to load and easier on my iPod to play it.

I thought the overall use of the video footage was well done. I personally, would like to see future episodes use video of the new trailers when they come out since the use of them in this show seemed very good from my perspective. I also think the cemistry between PV and Thomas was great in the show and would love to see the hosts look like they’re having a conversation and taking turns/playing off each other and whatnot, like Rachel said.

Oh I’m so glad I dont have dial-up anymore so that I can actually view this! (Or have to run to the school’s computers…) Anyway, I really enjoyed it. I loved the video accompaniment. The only thing I could say as constructive crit was a technicality that’s already been mentioned (the difference in volume between Thomas’ and PV’s voices), but nothing about the actual show or its content that I found a problem with. I too also liked the Ratatouille and WALL-E trailers which really did make it seem like an actual TV show.

I’ve been thinking this over, and I think that the new format (however often you plan to use it) lends itself well to adding some (new?) segments as well, such as TSS’s trivia or whatever. I know the two of you did this one on your own, but I can see that this could open up some more doors for RP as a show.

I would definitely like to see more from other cast members in the future, too.

It’s about dang time…! :stuck_out_tongue:

Heheh. I’m just teasing you guys. I think that the “vodcast”, although a bit choppy during various moments, was wonderful… as always! It’s nice to see that Radio Pixar is still active, despite the extreme hiatus.

Marvelous work, PV and bawpcwpn! :wink:

– Mitch

Unfortunately, my parents computer only got up to the annie awards, but i’m going to try tomorrow at schol during lunch…

the fifteen minutes I saw were very well done though!lol… i wish my stupid laptop didn’t have a trojan, then I’d be able to listen(and now watch) the whole thing…

Notice: Just to let the supervising Radio Pixar team know, the Radio Pixar page on the official Pixar Planet website has not been updated to list the sixth episode in the series.

Here is the Radio Pixar page in question:

pixarplanet.com/radiopixar

The sub-pages on that page have not been updated either. These include: “Current Show”, “Archive”, and “Upcoming Shows”. Perhaps this section should be updated?

Just giving you all a “heads up”. :wink:

– Mitch