Escape From Planet Earth

Snake Plissken, eat your heart out!

What do you get when you take the premise of Escape From L.A.; the heroes from Monsters vs Aliens (right down to the three alien sidekicks and the mean human general), with the skin colour of Megamind and body shapes of Planet 51’s inhabitants; the faceless government entities in biohazard suits from Monsters Inc; and the bumbling human sidekicks from Paul, put them in a blender, and get a guy who worked on Despicable Me and Horton Hears A Who to press the button?

You’d get something like this, I guess! Start planning your getaway with the first theatrical trailer.

Escape From Planet Earth is set for release on Feb 14.

Merciful Zeus, strike me down…

To be honest, I’m willing to give this a shot (one of my personal maxims is nothing is original anymore, not even Pixar films). Just not in cinemas. :wink:

And trust me, I’ve sat through worse… like Roadside Romeo.

Maybe I’m being too harsh. Maybe it will be a hidden gem. I’ll find out the truth when I get it at the bargain bin at my local supermarket.

Oh-hoho…

:slight_smile:

^^Awesome!
To be honest, I don’t mind works that are a little derivative. As you said, there is no such thing as a truly original story. However, there is a difference between stories that are a little derivative and what I call ‘copy and paste’ stories. Most likely the film will be so painfully boring Home on the Range would fall asleep. I will check this film out though because it could be entertaining. Just not for the right reasons. :wink: